• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LA County Sheriffs Upholding Free Press - Gun Related

stealthyeliminator

The site has rules, most members try hard to follow those rules, it is matter of respect and honor.

Were you one of those children in school who saw how much trouble you could cause. Write on the bathroom wall maybe?
Who gives a ****? I don't think Grapeshot or you know how public forums work. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you're looking for such a stringent level of control over who posts and what is said, you've egregiously chosen the wrong platform. Remove the forum entirely and replace it with some sort of selective-author blog system. You (well, the owners) know they can't - because that isn't what the member base wants. So maybe you'll just have to get over your power trip.

Respect and honor? Are you ******* kidding me? It's a bunch of guys (and a couple of gals) who support open carry as a commonality chatting it up casually, sometimes slightly more formally. That's all. Respect and honor doesn't really enter into the equation.

Grapeshot there it is the clear evidence you were looking for that Onus IS CaPatriot. The person who made that video is the same persoin as CaP that posted HIS videos before he was banned. We all knew he was the same person and thumbing his nose at the administration of OCDO. You asked for prove, he just gave it to you.
Thumbing his nose at the administration? Give me a break.
"Who gives a ****? I don't think Grapeshot or you know how public forums work. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you're looking for such a stringent level of control over who posts and what is said, you've egregiously chosen the wrong platform. Remove the forum entirely and replace it with some sort of selective-author blog system."

Last edited:

leoffensive

wow Ive been gone from this forum for some time.

sucks to see what you guys have been plagued with.

i don't see any familiar names except for conditionthree.

surprised this onus character hasn't been banned yet.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Video is not relevant to open carry of authentic firearms. The rifle displayed was an airsoft replica and not an actual long arm. The display of an imitation firearm is a misdemeanor here in California and is not the purpose of this forum.

stealthyeliminator

wow Ive been gone from this forum for some time.

sucks to see what you guys have been plagued with.

i don't see any familiar names except for conditionthree.

surprised this onus character hasn't been banned yet.

It doesn't have anything to do with stretching the rules to suppress discussion of topics that the moderating staff (Grapeshot) doesn't have a taste for, I'm sure.

Even if you believe such topics should be restricted - at least find a tactful way of focusing the forum, and eliminate ambiguous forum structure and rule sets.

stealthyeliminator

Video is not relevant to open carry of authentic firearms. The rifle displayed was an airsoft replica and not an actual long arm. The display of an imitation firearm is a misdemeanor here in California and is not the purpose of this forum.

Video is relevant to open carry because freedom to record police encounters, especially when possession of or display of firearms is involved, is a crux of the open carry movement in general. Without this vital tool, the open carry movement would be shut down by anti politicians and police forces.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Video is relevant to open carry because freedom to record police encounters, especially when possession of or display of firearms is involved, is a crux of the open carry movement in general. Without this vital tool, the open carry movement would be shut down by anti politicians and police forces.

Video is of police activity related to the display of an imitation firearm, otherwise known as an airsoft replica. Such a public display of an imitation firearm is a misdemeanor- in other words, a crime. The creators of this forum do not promote the commission of crimes and open carry of long guns is not the primary focus of the website.

So, let's walk this back a bit. The video doesn't even show open carry of an actual firearm and exclusively contains non-relevant interaction with Los Angeles S/O deputies conducting a criminal investigation. How does this help in a state where open carry of any firearm in most public places is prohibited?

I am of the opinion that if you want to post videos of police interaction, one should seek out the appropriate venue and post to your heart's content. It doesn't belong here.

WalkingWolf

Video is of police activity related to the display of an imitation firearm, otherwise known as an airsoft replica. Such a public display of an imitation firearm is a misdemeanor- in other words, a crime. The creators of this forum do not promote the commission of crimes and open carry of long guns is not the primary focus of the website.

So, let's walk this back a bit. The video doesn't even show open carry of an actual firearm and exclusively contains non-relevant interaction with Los Angeles S/O deputies conducting a criminal investigation. How does this help in a state where open carry of any firearm in most public places is prohibited?

I am of the opinion that if you want to post videos of police interaction, one should seek out the appropriate venue and post to your heart's content. It doesn't belong here.

+1

sudden valley gunner

He's actually complimenting the cop. I think that is something OCDO wants and why this thread lasted. I don't see it as a bad thing, hey look cops act like this and we approve.

onus

Okay, lets talk about open carry in California. Tell us some of your recent stories about open carrying in California.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Okay, lets talk about open carry in California. Tell us some of your recent stories about open carrying in California.

As you are well aware, open carry of loaded and unloaded firearms is limited to unincorporated territory where discharge has not been prohibited by local ordinance. In other words, in places where most people are not- and those that are, are typically unfazed by the display of holstered firearms.

I can post my experiences of openly carrying on public land while target shooting, but that is only slightly less interesting than watching you troll for a fight about Calguns.net or posting videos that are not related to the forum topic.

stealthyeliminator

As you are well aware, open carry of loaded and unloaded firearms is limited to unincorporated territory where discharge has not been prohibited by local ordinance. In other words, in places where most people are not- and those that are, are typically unfazed by the display of holstered firearms.

I can post my experiences of openly carrying on public land while target shooting, but that is only slightly less interesting than watching you troll for a fight about Calguns.net or posting videos that are not related to the forum topic.

Then don't reply and the thread will sink into the depths of the forum, never to be read again. Every time you post, you respawn the thread with a new life, bumping it back to the top....

onus

weren't you one of the guys who, when the recent open carry bans were enacted, kept insisting that open carry is not banned in California and you will continue to do it ?

so basically you open carry at a target range.

cool story bro !!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
weren't you one of the guys who, when the recent open carry bans were enacted, kept insisting that open carry is not banned in California and you will continue to do it ?

so basically you open carry at a target range.

cool story bro !!

You seem to be interested in keeping this thread topped with topics irrelevant to the original post.

Since you desire so much to disprove my assertions that open carry remains legal in many circumstances, perhaps you would like to drop by and take a walk with me openly carrying a holstered pistol up a public road in unincorporated territory. Or utilize one of the 116 exemptions to the law restricting unloaded open carry in incorporated city limits...No? Go polish your pistol,...'Bro'.