• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it legal to keep a gun on the boat at the lake?

Ouch

Being State or city owned property. I'm just curious if it's really legal to keep a gun in your boat? I've always kept it in my boat since we sleep on it out on the water a lot. It really never crossed my mind if it's legal or not.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
TRANSPORTING WEAPON IN OR DISCHARGING WEAPON FROM VESSEL

It shall be unlawful to transport a shotgun, rifle or pistol in or to discharge such weapons from a vessel, except for the purposes of hunting animals or fowl, and in compliance with existing state and federal laws. Anyone violating the provisions of this section, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not less than Fifty Dollars ($50.00) and not more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than ten (10) days and not more than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Any person in possession of a [highlight]valid handgun license[/highlight] from this state or a reciprocal state authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall not be deemed guilty of transporting a pistol in violation of this section when a handgun is carried concealed or unconcealed upon or about their person in compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.

See bottom of page 38:
Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 63, § 4210.3.

https://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2013.pdf

Last edited:

Glock 1st fan

TRANSPORTING WEAPON IN OR DISCHARGING WEAPON FROM VESSEL

It shall be unlawful to transport a shotgun, rifle or pistol in or to discharge such weapons from a vessel, except for the purposes of hunting animals or fowl, and in compliance with existing state and federal laws. Anyone violating the provisions of this section, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not less than Fifty Dollars ($50.00) and not more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), or by imprisonment in the county jail for not less than ten (10) days and not more than six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment. Any person in possession of a [highlight]valid handgun license[/highlight] from this state or a reciprocal state authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall not be deemed guilty of transporting a pistol in violation of this section when a handgun is carried concealed or unconcealed upon or about their person in compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.

See bottom of page 38:
Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 63, § 4210.3.

https://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2013.pdf

there is an issue with carrying on corp of engineers land which can get tricky. Unfortunately you have to get out of your truck to walk ti your boat (or car) which gets grey. Such as parking lots and common areas. I never go to the lake so i never followed up.

personally i have not kept up with it but it was a huge thing qhen open carry passed.