• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moustaches and Open Carry, do they mix?

Moustaches and Open Carry, do they mix?

• Total voters

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No one has mentioned a soul patch so I guess I'm OK.

Oh, I had to shave off my moustache. It kept getting caught in the recoiling slide when I'd bring the gun up close to get a fine sight picture.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this problem.

:)

Daylen

Oh, I had to shave off my moustache. It kept getting caught in the recoiling slide when I'd bring the gun up close to get a fine sight picture.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this problem.

:)

recoil slide on just what exactly? I know of various, um problems, mustaches can cause but I've never noticed that one...

JoeSparky

Centurion
How about if I mix plaid with strips, mis-matched socks a tennis shoe on one foot and a boot on the other all while OC'ing a S&W 500 Magnum in a thigh holster?

IT SHOULD NOT MATTER WHAT ONE IS WEARING OR IF THEY HAVE FACIAL HAIR OR NOT WHEN THEY ARE OC'ING!!

Yess, Those caps were ment as yelling as I am banging my head against the wall!

Daylen

How about if I mix plaid with strips, mis-matched socks a tennis shoe on one foot and a boot on the other all while OC'ing a S&W 500 Magnum in a thigh holster?

IT SHOULD NOT MATTER WHAT ONE IS WEARING OR IF THEY HAVE FACIAL HAIR OR NOT WHEN THEY ARE OC'ING!!

don't be such a party pooper, this thread was obviously tongue in cheek in nature.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
Unthinkable!

I cannot begin to fathom the travesty and unholy miscarriage of justice that would befall moral decency if a man were to commit such a desecration of the moral fibre of human dignity in such a macabre display of faux pas.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP How about if I mix plaid with strips, mis-matched socks a tennis shoe on one foot and a boot on the other all while OC'ing...in a thigh holster?

Hey!! If you want to criticize the way Grapeshot dresses, just come right out and say it without the sideways comments!

:D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I think I need to OC road trip to VA more often.

Oh, please do. Just hope that Grapeshot is wearing jeans instead of Speedo's with that thigh holster on those days. No matter how hard we try, we just can't convince him that Speedo's and cowboy boots don't go together.

:D

(I figure I've got about 20 seconds to live at this point.)

Last edited:

PT111

I am still trying to figure out what a moustache has to do with OC. Must have missed the earlier memo or something because I have never put the two together. Must be some of this modern math I heard about after I graduated from high school. Can someone post the memo about how they are related? Fourth cousins twice removed or something? :cool:

MarlboroLts5150

How long is it? How sharp do you keep it? Is it considered a deadly weapon? Are you licensed to carry that thing?

About 2-3mm out from the tip.

Kinda stays pretty sharp on its own.

Absolutely, but only to me if I miss the wire....OUCH!!!!

It's one of those " No law on the books, must be OK then" kinda things. :D

Daylen

I am still trying to figure out what a moustache has to do with OC. Must have missed the earlier memo or something because I have never put the two together. Must be some of this modern math I heard about after I graduated from high school. Can someone post the memo about how they are related? Fourth cousins twice removed or something? :cool:

Only that some of the most well known open carriers also carried heads behind their HUGE mustaches! check out old pics of Wyatt.

http://historystuff.net/wyatt-earp/