• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confused, Dont Know What To Call IT.

stainless1911

Banned
When I go to type a response, sometimes the little blinking line that shows where your words are going to be typed doesnt stay where you want it. Especially, when quoting someone.

The Blinking line will be at the beginning of the page, then you move it to the bottom of the quote so you can start typing, and as soon as you hit a letter, it moves to the beginning of the quote, and you have to move it again to where you want it.

Also, when you want to correct something, like a word during an edit, you will go to the incorrect word, highlight it, and when you either backspace to erase, or type to replace the word, the little blinking line again returns to the top of the page.:mad: The word you want to type usually shows up at the top of the page. Then you have to find your spot again, and your thoughts, and start over.:banghead:

How do I fix this???

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Im running firefox. Same as always.

What home key?

Im guessing I hit one of the buttons in the area above the text box?

OCDOtext.jpg

VW_Factor

Operating System?

The home key takes you to the beginning of the sentence not the text box. If you tap page up or page down, the page position will effect where your cursor will land in the text box.

Are you on a laptop or desktop? Accidentally tapping the mouse pad on a lappy?

Have you tried another browser? Opera or Chrome perhaps.

WalkingWolf

No laptop. Not sure how to turn off an operating system.

BTW, this only happens here on OCDO. On other forums, like MGO or OkCupid, it doesnt do that. It only started last week.

I haven't had a problem so I don't think it is with the site. Unless it is a server problem just in your area.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
having the same issues as well in Firefox 8.0. My laptop is in a dockstation and I use a fullsize keyboard here at the desk. I thought the KB had gone bad so I replaced it with a new Logitech wireless KB/ mouse combo, no such luck, still the same issue.