• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suspenders/Braces

Sonora Rebel

Guns are heavy... ammo pouches are heavy... and with any activity they'll drag your britches down. Well... at least for me. I happned onto 'Perry' suspenders, which hook on your belt, not your pants. No metal. No need to tighten your belt 'till you can't breath either. Get 'em on line. Oh... they work. That's the main part.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Guns are heavy... ammo pouches are heavy... and with any activity they'll drag your britches down. Well... at least for me. I happned onto 'Perry' suspenders, which hook on your belt, not your pants. No metal. No need to tighten your belt 'till you can't breath either. Get 'em on line. Oh... they work. That's the main part.

Walmart carries them as well. Pick up your ammo and suspenders at the same time.:D

I've used Perry suspenders on and off for several years (usage seems to fluctuate with my weight). Best suspenders for everyday use, no need to put buttons on your pants, and none of those metal clips that shread your pants and come lose at the most inopportune time.

WalkingWolf

If I wear suspenders I usually do not wear a belt, well a gun belt. Suspenders with dog clasps work well using the belt loops.

Merlin

I have been wearing Perry's for years. I didn't realize Walmart was carrying them now. GOnna have to check them out. I would like to get a few more, in different colors to match my attire.

When I get dressed in the morning, I feel a little like Batman. Gun, wallet, keys, phone, leatherman, ammo, thumbdrive, audio spyware, video spyware. It's a lot to lug around.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
QFT! +1 Rebel

I have been wearing Perry's for years. I didn't realize Walmart was carrying them now. GOnna have to check them out. I would like to get a few more, in different colors to match my attire.

When I get dressed in the morning, I feel a little like Batman. Gun, wallet, keys, phone, leatherman, ammo, thumbdrive, audio spyware, video spyware. It's a lot to lug around.

Quoted for truth.

Thanks Rebel for the tip on Perry's. It will help me make the move from Twin 9mm's to Twin 45ACP without risking exposing my most dangerous weapon of all (other than my brain) from the sheer weight of the pistols :p

Sonora Rebel

As an update... 'Wore 'em in the saddle w/1911 'n junque for the 1st time Sunday. MUCH better! 'Kept that sewn 'knot' center rear of my Wranglers from slippin' down and wearing/rubbing another hole in my keester on the cantle too. I'm sold on these things.

TOF

Perry makes 3 basic types of suspenders

1 1/2 " light duty
2" moderate duty (what I use)
2" heavy duty

If carrying a moderately heavy gun you will be best served by one of the 2 " versions. The moderate duty ones are more flexible whereas the heavy duty ones will control more weight but feel a bit more restrictive.

I have not seen 2" units at the Walmart stores I frequent.

http://www.perrysuspenders.com/persus.html

OC for ME

As an update... 'Wore 'em in the saddle w/1911 'n junque for the 1st time Sunday. MUCH better! 'Kept that sewn 'knot' center rear of my Wranglers from slippin' down and wearing/rubbing another hole in my keester on the cantle too. I'm sold on these things.
Is there a 'sweet spot' as far as adjusting the pull of the suspenders on the belt, which then pulls up your trousers? I tend to sit a great deal when duck hunting then walk while dear hunting. I have to adjust my conventional (metal clip) suspenders for each activity. Or, do you have to adjust the Perry's for each activity?

Did you get the Perry's because of the belt clip design only? It seems suspenders are suspenders beyond the clip design.

Thanks