• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still alive, but not because he did anything right. And did several stoopid things.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2014/07/10/alive-by-the-grace-of-god-not

Basic story - guy comes home to a smashed in door, confronts theives carrying his guns out, shoots at them (once - his gun jams!), and manages to hide behind his pickup truck while they shoot back at him (probably using his guns but the article does not say).

And this was not the first time he was robbed of guns!

The lack of mention of a Residential Security Cabinet (gun safe to the misinformed) makes one wonder if there was one at all.

So many bad moves. Such a powerful guardian angel.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2014/07/10/alive-by-the-grace-of-god-not

Basic story - guy comes home to a smashed in door, confronts theives carrying his guns out, shoots at them (once - his gun jams!), and manages to hide behind his pickup truck while they shoot back at him (probably using his guns but the article does not say).

And this was not the first time he was robbed of guns!

The lack of mention of a Residential Security Cabinet (gun safe to the misinformed) makes one wonder if there was one at all.

So many bad moves. Such a powerful guardian angel.

stay safe.

He says they were stealing his guns, and then they used those weapons to try to shoot him.

Some people delight in playing stupid games.........we all know what the potential prizes are.

Kopis

a semi auto can easily jam if you arent prepared for the shot or just squeezing a round off without your arm extended. If you dont have your arm locked, it can absorb enough recoil where the slide doesnt go far enough back to reload. I always carry a spare mag and when i shoot, i have a buddy throw a random snap cap in my first mag so i can practice clearing it and reloading with a fresh mag.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Never had any revolver ever jam ... pistols, yes.

Carry revolvers?

I guess you haven't shot many revolvers or shot many rounds through them then.

Bad, dirty ammo, dirty guns, high primers, bullets that work forward during recoil, broken parts well all cause a revolver to malfunction.

I seen revolvers malfunction over time with or because of them over the last 50 some years of shooting.

Just like a good semi auto, a good revolver is very reliable but like any machine they are subject to failure.

It is one thing to say my hand gun has never malfunction in a few hundred rounds another to say that after a few 10s of thousands of rounds.