• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MDA/Everytown signature drop off at Clark County Elections office Nov 12 at 1300/1pm

jpa

Stolen from a poster on Facebook. I think this would make for an excellent opportunity to have an open carry meet up.

From an email I received from those Everytown *******: I say we gather a counter protest OC'ng and shut them down!
Michael --
Nevadans like you will help make history in Las Vegas tomorrow, and I want you to be there.
Our partners at Nevadans for Background Checks have been working intensely to collect enough signatures to get a background checks initiative on the ballot here -- and TOMORROW, they're going to deliver those signatures to the Clark County Registrar alongside volunteers from your area.
This event will be more powerful if you're there. Can you join Nevadans for Background Checks on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. to help deliver the signatures
At the event on Wednesday, there will be plenty of stickers and posters to help Nevadans like you show your support. Here are the details:
What: Nevadans for Background Checks Ballot Initiative Petition Delivery
When: TOMORROW -- Wednesday, November 12 at 1:00 p.m.
Where: Clark County Registrar of Voters, Annex Building
965 Trade Drive, Suite A
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030

Anyone else free? I just so happen to be off work on Wednesday this week.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick9

Don't mean to be pedantic, but IMO, we should not be using disrespectful appellations for the 'anti-s'.

Disrespect, name-calling, anger is their tactic, not ours, we few, we band of 2A supporters and lovers of freedom. We give respect (due or not), and thus can't find our words flung back in quotations.

Perhaps an edit to 'persons' or something?

FWIW

Last edited:

jpa

Don't mean to be pedantic, but IMO, we should not be using disrespectful appellations for the 'anti-s'.

Disrespect, name-calling, anger is their tactic, not ours, we few, we band of 2A supporters and lovers of freedom. We give respect (due or not), and thus can't find our words flung back in quotations.

FWIW

I stole the post from another user on Facebook who received the email. His words, not mine. I just copy and pasted, I'm trying to spread the word far and wide to try to get as many pro-gun people to attend. So far the views have been many but the responses have been lackluster.

Vegassteve

I stole the post from another user on Facebook who received the email. His words, not mine. I just copy and pasted, I'm trying to spread the word far and wide to try to get as many pro-gun people to attend. So far the views have been many but the responses have been lackluster.

Response is lackluster because these anti azzhats always do these things when real men and women are at work.

garand_guy

Response is lackluster because these anti azzhats always do these things when real men and women are at work.

Exactly.

I will give all the Nevada Carry info cards to anyone going, just come and get them. I will also 'sponsor' a press release too, if someone wants to write it. I'm feeling a little spent in the writing department today.

davidmcbeth

Banned

FWIW

They can get all the sigs they want .. it changes our rights not

Craftymommy

For those of you not on facebook. We had 7 of us plus my 3 kids (one of which was carrying his toy gun). We did interviews with 100.5 kxnt, Channel 3, 5, 8, 13 and Telemundo.

28kfps

They can get all the sigs they want .. it changes our rights not

A work day for me. Saw the group on the news. Thought you all did well. With only a hand full Pro gun persons the group received as much press as the anti gun. Some might think it is a waste of time and not have any effect. Hard to tell for sure however the one thing that will have no effect is to be silent and not push back.

Last edited:

garand_guy

For those of you not on facebook. We had 7 of us plus my 3 kids (one of which was carrying his toy gun). We did interviews with 100.5 kxnt, Channel 3, 5, 8, 13 and Telemundo.

Good job! Glad to here that it got picked up by the Spanish language media. Now we really need to start picking up the pace and educating people.