• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry People of Walmart

eye95

Too late.
I saw this same pic on OCDO about 6 months ago.

That was the point I was lamely trying to make. I've seen that photo here scads of times. It shows up in most Wal-Mart threads and, IIRC, made an appearance in a pair of girls-with-guns threads.

It shows up almost as often as the my-neighbor-is-anti-gun sign does.

Slidell Jim

What the heck?!?

Is she a cop?

If so, why is she dressed like that?

If not, why is carrying all that stuff?!?

From prior discussion about 6 months ago:
It seems that in some areas (someone said this was taken in TX, I dunno), some police forces require their trainees to wear their duty belt at all times, for the first 6 or 8 weeks after the police academy. (Yes, even when off duty shopping at Walmart in your house slippers, Mildred)

eye95

Nope. Not forgiven.

Forgiveness is only necessary for transgressions. I don't see anyone saying you have transgressed.

cbpeck

It seems that in some areas (someone said this was taken in TX, I dunno), some police forces require their trainees to wear their duty belt at all times, for the first 6 or 8 weeks after the police academy. (Yes, even when off duty shopping at Walmart in your house slippers, Mildred)

Hmmm. Maybe, but given her physique that'd have to be a pretty lax training program. :lol:

OldCurlyWolf

Not with a loaded firearm in the holster. Not until they complete their academy training and are commissioned.

OOPS, he already said that. That will remind me to read the WHOLE statement.

Last edited:

SavageOne

Who knows maybe it's her husband's old duty belt or she got a great deal at a yard sale. If you want to be honest about it though, it provides superior retention and those Sam Browns are far better than some belt from a box store(like the one she is shopping in). Overall I would applaud her choice of equipment. It may not be my choice of holster and belt combo, but it's a damn sight better than some thin leather belt and a nylon holster that cost 19.95.

jrob33

eh...... I would have to disagree as far as that being a better platfrom for carry, on the ouutside of a shirt like that, without being anchored to an inner belt..that Sam Brown belt is gonna slide rigt up under her arms if she attemts to draw that weapon.

I submit that worn like that, that rig is a death trap. just my .02

jrob33

somehow I knew that was coming. I intentionally overlooked that and used arm pitts...the end result is still much the same