• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Security pulled gun on me tonight.

PistolPackingMomma

and yes as soon as i get a copy for the poloce officer then i will but seeing as how its a national holiday not much effort is being put into it today on there part so hopefully tomorrow sometime ill have a report to post so that you guys can read if it so pleases u

Any updates?

Last activity was Sep 4th, last post in this thread, Sep 3rd. Hmm...I'm not holding my breath...

ZackL

Any updates?

Last activity was Sep 4th, last post in this thread, Sep 3rd. Hmm...I'm not holding my breath...

Aren't you one of the people that advocated he "lawyer up and shut up," because it appears that he did just that. So, your snarky comments about not holding your breath is at the very least uncalled for and more likely needling people for a response. We're happy to have input in the Colorado forum, but thus far, you have asked the same questions repeatedly (to get an emotional reaction? Most people got the idea from the information he gave. Any doubt, for me at least, was cleared up when he responded to your questions the first time.), given bad advice, made snarky comments and given good advice. Three against and one for. Seriously?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I don't know, folks.

Being a former Marine my own self, and knowing a few current Marines, and adding in a bunch of other things, this guy's story just does not quite pass the smell test. For example, the only Facebook Jonathan Huff in Colorado http://www.facebook.com/jonathan.huff.144?ref=ts writes in complete sentences and uses both capitalization and punctuation.

I'm willing to presume he has lawyered up and is now following his attorney's advice to ****. I'm somewhat surprised that his attorney did not suggest he at least edit, if not outright delete, certain words he posted.

There's just not much to do but wait to see if he cpmes back with any update I'm willing to give odds that if he does he will have Cheetos dust on his face and fingers.

stay safe.

PistolPackingMomma

Aren't you one of the people that advocated he "lawyer up and shut up," because it appears that he did just that. So, your snarky comments about not holding your breath is at the very least uncalled for and more likely needling people for a response. We're happy to have input in the Colorado forum, but thus far, you have asked the same questions repeatedly (to get an emotional reaction? Most people got the idea from the information he gave. Any doubt, for me at least, was cleared up when he responded to your questions the first time.), given bad advice, made snarky comments and given good advice. Three against and one for. Seriously?

Snarky? Oh please.

ooghost1oo

I don't really enjoy saying things that will cause people to lose their job in this economy but when you goof yo dun goofed.

Seriously?

F*** those guys. They shouldn't have those jobs. Let them apply at McDonalds.

OP, that's a pretty scary setup you have there. Not very practical for avoiding trouble, but I'm not advocating censoring yourself either.

On a more productive note, did you try talking to the police to press some sort of intimidation charges against the individuals? And if not, then I guess you'll be stuck talking to a lawyer to make a claim of damages against the company.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Pointing a deadly weapon at you without due cause is aggravated assault, a felony. Blocking your egress is false arrest. Speak to a lawyer about filing criminal charges and filing a civil suit against them and their employers. If things happened as you related, you have a very strong case, both criminal and civil.

Howdy!
Post #9 by MKEgal was a terrific study of federal laws that apply to the situation as described by the OP. Her coverage of Colorado law is equally outstanding.

In Colorado, we don't have the aggravated assault so much as felony menacing, kidnapping (preventing their leaving), false arrest, false imprisonment, reckless endangerment and all the rest. MKEgal nailed it. I was going to refer to specific CRS but saw it was wonderfully covered already.

I am a fugitive recovery agent, and I can tell you for a certainty, these guys are likely to be subjected to criminal charges, and their employers to civil liabilities. In fact, I'd go the extra mile to include the employers on a criminal complaint as conspirators - because they hired these yahoos who don't seem to be familiar with Colorado law. FRA's get 16 hours of P.O.S.T. approved training in order to qualify for certification by the State of Colorado. I don't know that security types have a similar level of training, but if they don't, that's grounds for a negligence suit against the employing company for having armed security that is oblivioius to basic handgun; let alone a startling disregard of RAS and PC. From the story I don't see where they had either one.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin