• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letters to the Editor; "Deterrence is better than submission", madison.com

jamesisel

Pretty good letters.

We shouldn't forget that needs to be focused on changing the minds of people that think CC only is the way to go. The author of that article makes a good point about CC only reducing crimes, but its still an infringement of 2A.
Texas is CC only and is gonna be very hard to change peoples minds. If a CC for OC trade is made it will be very tough to get OC back.

Look what happened to Oklahoma.

http://newsok.com/governor-vetoes-open-carry-health-care-lawsuit-measures/article/3461333

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?75092-Oklahoma-Open-Carry-Veto-Override-Fails

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
There is a kook in the comments section of the second link that wants to shoot open carry "bullies".
himself thus fulfilling the prophesy of "blood running in the streets like the Wild West."

I grew up in a California agricultural community with a gravel main street and wooden sidewalks. Our family home was the second home built there. I remember the dusty street un-wetted by blood.

amaixner

There is a kook in the comments section of the second link that wants to shoot open carry "bullies".

The people who get worked up like that are the ones to watch out for. They want guns banned because for this simple reason: they believe that they themselves would use a gun in anger to kill someone, and they believe that everyone else is the same way.