• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking into OC, Shelby Township

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQ

Well, uh, Yeah! ;)

Honestly, I just like to pick on Glocks "perceived" weaknesses. Everyone has their favorite, mine is the 1911. As far as Glocks go, I think I'd rather try a Springfield XD. :banana:

I have an XDm and a gun range I am a member of in Dimondale. Get yourself a box of 9 mm, PM me, and we can arrange for a time for me to pick you up and go shooting with it...

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I have never seen ammo at Meijer. I'm in the Metro Detroit area. I did a search on their website and got nothing.
They carry it in the Sports section of their store, (At least they do in Mason.) but I don't think they advertise it on their website.

Last edited:

Onnie

As long as you are legally able to own a firearm, you could receive one as a gift from your relatives. You'd still need a purchase permit, which would mean getting one from your local PD or sheriff's office. As for the ammunition, to make things easier, I'd say get a 9mm, that way you can use your father's ammo, and just give him money to "replace" what you use. :) If you get what I'm saying. ;)

As for all the flak you're gonna get for buying a Hi-Point, just ignore it, and go visit the Hi-Point forums for moral support. :) The nice thing about a Hi-Point, when you run out of ammo, you can toss the gun at the bad guy, and probably do even worse damage. :)

Ive got a Hi-Point C9 Ive had since August. It's my main shooter for practice. 99.9% happy with it for the price. I have about 1000 rounds down range with it so far and Id trust it in any situation i get in. Once you put around 500 rounds in it, your arm will be a strong as Popeyes!!:rolleyes:

Ruger95

I am in the downriver area and all the meijer stores around here carry small amounts of ammo.
I don't shop a lot at Meijer. I guess I'll have to take another look there. How are the prices? I went to Gander Mnt to buy a 100 count box of Winchester white box 9mm 115gr ammo and the price had gone up about $5.00 since the last time I bought it. So I bought a box of 100 Speer Lawman for the same price I was paying for Winchester before. Haven't shot any of it yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.