• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA official Wayne LaPierre: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term. Washington Times

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...ra-official-obama-wants-outlaw-guns-2nd-term/
Sean Lengell said:
A top official with the National Rifle Association said Friday that President Obama will move to "destroy" gun rights and "erase" the Second Amendment if he is re-elected in November.

While delivering one of the liveliest and best-received speeches at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre said the president's low-key approach to gun rights during his first term was "a "conspiracy to ensure re-election by lulling gun owners to sleep."

KYKevin

Interesting story but I don't see obama being quoted there. Only Wayne making a statement. Nothing from obama saying it. Not saying obama will not try it. But seriously. There is no quote from obama saying it. Just someone expressing an opinion.

PistolPackingMomma

I'm not discounting the possibility that Obama and his administration might try this, but it seems much more likely the NRA spokesman quoted above is using the boogeyman tactic.

KYKevin

I'm not discounting the possibility that Obama and his administration might try this, but it seems much more likely the NRA spokesman quoted above is using the boogeyman tactic.

Yeah it is election year. Everyone wants a sound bite. Until I hear it from Obama telling us it is on his agenda it is a non issue. He has not done anything in the last four years to hurt my gun rights. I am not gonna worry until I need too. Fear mongering will come from both sides.

Jack House

I'd say it's a little of both.

Interesting story but I don't see obama being quoted there. Only Wayne making a statement. Nothing from obama saying it. Not saying obama will not try it. But seriously. There is no quote from obama saying it. Just someone expressing an opinion.
Obama has said in the past that he is taking an under the radar approach to gun control. So, while I concur with PPM(I'm lazy, sue me) that it's mostly a boogeyman tactic, I do not think that the claim is wholly without merit.

Yeah it is election year. Everyone wants a sound bite. Until I hear it from Obama telling us it is on his agenda it is a non issue. He has not done anything in the last four years to hurt my gun rights. I am not gonna worry until I need too. Fear mongering will come from both sides.
I disagree, Obama may not have come out directly to attack gun rights. But he has done so indirectly. Can't think of all the examples at the moment, I'll let someone else list them.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Good cop - bad cop, who's which?

Gun control is merely control, be it by the right or the left.

nobama

Gun control is merely control, be it by the right or the left.

I dont care who said what or why.The fact is,this jackass (obama) does indeed want to destroy our 2A. not to mention the rest of our constitution that he swore under oath to uphold and protect. I get so tired of all the Republicans who say hes over his head,doesnt know what hes doing.This scumbag knows exactly what hes doing. If he gets realected (God help us) Im not sure he would ever leave office. We better wake up.That goes for the Republicans who pussyfoot around the facts.

Aknazer

He doesn't want to destroy the 2A, he just wants "sensible gun control."

And personally I view this more as the boogeyman tactics as PPM stated. Not because he wouldn't do it if he could, but because I don't see how he could without the support of Congress; and there flat out isn't the support in Congress for it. I can see him trying to circumvent Congress but I don't think it would be hugely successful and could most likely be easily undone by the next POTUS (not that it wouldn't be painful for us until the damage was undone).

SovereignAxe

I dont care who said what or why.The fact is,this jackass (obama) does indeed want to destroy our 2A. not to mention the rest of our constitution that he swore under oath to uphold and protect. I get so tired of all the Republicans who say hes over his head,doesnt know what hes doing.This scumbag knows exactly what hes doing. If he gets realected (God help us) Im not sure he would ever leave office. We better wake up.That goes for the Republicans who pussyfoot around the facts.

ಠ_ಠ

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Im not sure he would ever leave office. We better wake up.That goes for the Republicans who pussyfoot around the facts.
There is no significant difference between the left wing of the Ruling Class and its right wing. Who do we the Country Class elect that will return us to a Constitutional Republic ruled by laws and not venial men.

For the short term we may not agree with all the laws written and that have gotten us into these dire straits, but with a Constitutional Republic restored we could then begin to right the wrongs.

I will vote Constitution Party.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
King Wayne is predictable as clockwork. He says the exact same thing each and every election about whomever the Democratic frontrunner is.

Bit of a boy who cried wolf, if you ask me. But the NRA knows damn well election time is a good time for fundraising.

Tawnos

If he gets realected (God help us) Im not sure he would ever leave office.

I heard left-leaning people claim that about Bush, both before his second term and before the end of it.

The claim doesn't wear any better when it's made by right-leaning people.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

There is no significant difference between the left wing of the Ruling Class and its right wing. Who do we the Country Class elect that will return us to a Constitutional Republic ruled by laws and not venial men.
Thanks!!!

PistolPackingMomma

Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch

Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch
Thanks!!!

Um, you're....welcome, you?

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Sir Wayne is prognosticating once again. He is giving his panic speech; maybe to drive up membership.

Now, do I personally think KO will try to limit purchases, carrying etc; I would say he will take every opportunity, if presented to him, in the second term. KO is good about acting on other peoples recommendation; therefore, he doesn't have a lot of liability if it backfires.

DangerClose

Officially, Mitt Romney has done more to limit gun rights than Obama has at this time.

Either way, I guess I better make sure to vote for the guy who Gun Owners of America give their highest rating to: Ron Paul.