• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment Appreciation Rally

Vwfinatic273

What: The Second Amendment Appreciation Expo is a first time event to be held here in the city of Winston-Salem, NC. It was organized to help promote safe and responsible gun ownership through proper licensing, proper training, understanding of NC laws and the safe handling and storage of all firearms.
When: Saturday September 21st 2013
Time: TBA (possibly two sessions)
Where: LJVM Coliseum Annex (Winston-Salem, NC)
Who: Presented by Lattimore Events & Marketing along with
One Million Moms Against Gun Control
Special Guests: Hosted by Local Radio Personalities
NRA (National Rifle Association) Key Note Speaker (Name TBA)
Guest Speakers: Carl Abbe, owner of Calibers Indoor Range
Eric Compton, owner of Protect This House Training Center
R.J. Barber, owner of Achromatic Inc. (Training & Consulting)
One Million Moms Against Gun Control, Guest Speaker
(Various Gun, Hunting and Competition Club members to speak also)
Sponsors: Calibers Indoor Range & Training
​ Colfax Guns & Ammo
Ionbond
Atlas Firearms
Program: Color Guard Flag Presentation with singing of National Anthem
County Music Recording Artist of the Year, Sean Mettler performing with live band
Speakers to discuss various gun topics
Q&A Session for audience held by our panel of guest speakers
Interactive on stage display and explanation of NC self-defense and “use of force” laws
Raffles for prizes and T-Shirt toss
Free NRA provided paraphernalia
Free gun locks provided by Winston-Salem Police Department Crime Prevention Unit
Various foods and beverages
Inflatable Bounce House, 40 ft. Inflatable obstacle course, face painting and activities for kids of all ages
Tickets: $10 per adult, kids 12 & under admitted FREE with paying adult
FREE PARKING all day long
Purpose: Covering all aspects of firearms, this family oriented and community event is sure to be the most positive exposure to the world of firearms that most people will ever get to witness. This will be a day of celebration and appreciation of our Second Amendment Right to keep and bear arms, and those who help to protect and preserve it.
For more information about sponsorship, vendor space, advertising and speaking opportunities feel free to contact:
Eric Lattimore
Event Founder/Organizer
Lattimore Events & Marketing
336-287-5184
ericlattimore1981@rocketmail.com

Also find the event posted on TnTRealTalk on facebook

Jamesm760

I work Sats but I will def make it there for at least a couple hours. see you guys there!

Doesn't this apply though?
"In North Carolina, guns are also prohibited into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission"

Last edited:

Vwfinatic273

Carry

I work Sats but I will def make it there for at least a couple hours. see you guys there!

"In North Carolina, guns are also prohibited into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission"

Since we have a permit I was told it was fine. Also there will be liability insurance as well due to this. Ill look further in details and let you know more. Hope to see you there!

stephen92

Since we have a permit I was told it was fine. Also there will be liability insurance as well due to this. Ill look further in details and let you know more. Hope to see you there!

H.B. 937 which allows concealed carry into areas that charge admission does not take effect until October 1 2013. Since the date is Sept. 21, you will not be able to do this.

solus

forgive these questions...but permit from whom? and who told you it was fine? and liability insurance is mentioned cuz?

fine for what? OC? (937 didn't allow OC at admission venues) and as stephen82 pointed out...937 is effective 1 Oct so CC is also nix'd!!

but the event is, in fact, listed on the annex's website w/o any type of further explanation of activities to be presented.

ipse

Vwfinatic273

Event

forgive these questions...but permit from whom? and who told you it was fine? and liability insurance is mentioned cuz?

fine for what? OC? (937 didn't allow OC at admission venues) and as stephen82 pointed out...937 is effective 1 Oct so CC is also nix'd!!

but the event is, in fact, listed on the annex's website w/o any type of further explanation of activities to be presented.

ipse

Yes the event is before the bill takes effect that's why I'm mentioning that there may be complications. Yes I said I WAS TOLD IT WAS FINE which by no means was I saying it was just what I was told thus the reason for me stating I'd look into the details. The permit is with the city of winston Salem the permit thing worked for a protest in Raleigh that I know of. Liability insurance was mentioned simply for the fact that the coliseum annex requires we have it due to the fact that people will be carrying there since they KNOW PEOPLE WILL BE CARRYING thus another reason to seem fine to do. Open carry will be practiced by many here. Also the coliseum annex just set up this date with Eric who's setting everything up so their site may or may not have details for this event how ever it is legit and as listed above there will be speakers along with the NRA and local gun shops and etc. are sponsoring the event. We had this rally a few weeks ago at an outside location and it rained out so that's why it is rescheduled for an inside venue and now giving me time to share this with all of you. Lots of legalities and details so as mentioned in my first reply, I will look into it. I'm not going to post anything without being sure, I made no statement saying we were all legal so don't be jumping to conclusions

solus

perhaps i am slow VWFINATIC, but you have been told the event has liability insurance because: quote: ...they KNOW PEOPLE WILL BE CARRYING thus another reason to seem fine to do. Open carry will be practiced by many here. unquote

what part of NC statutes 14-269.3 which prohibits OC or CC at any venue that charges an admission have the event organizers forgotten? the organizers wish NC gun toting citizens to violate the law...

finally, it is two weeks away and there is not a buzz anywhere about this gig...

I believe i will pass on the eXtravaganza

carolina guy

Per NCGS
§ 14-269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.(b) This section shall not apply to the following:(1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14-269;(2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;(3) A person participating in the event, if he is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event; and (4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event. (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4, c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

It seems to me they are giving "permission" since:

Free gun locks provided by Winston-Salem Police Department Crime Prevention Unit

After all, how will I know if I have the "correct" gun lock if I cannot try it on for size? I don't buy pants w/o trying them on, and I think a gun lock would be more serious... ;) Has anyone asked yet?

Also, was this rescheduled or another in a series?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUOThWcqw

Second Amendment Appreciation Rally

WHAT: The Second Amendment Appreciation Rally is a first time event of its kind in the Triad area organized to promote and educate on responsible gun ownership.

WHERE: Grand Stand Arena-Dixie Classic Fairground
2825 University Pkwy
Winston-Salem, NC 27105

WHEN: Saturday, August 10, 2013 | 4:00 p.m. -- 8:00 p.m.

Last edited:

Jamesm760

Also I think we are participating in the event, since it is a 2nd Amendment Appreciation Rally
, and the organization sponsoring the event is giving us permission to OC. We should be fine?

§ 14-269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.(b) This section shall not apply to the following: (1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14-269;(2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;(3) A person participating in the event, if he is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event; and (4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event. (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4, c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

Or to get proper permission we can stand outside the entrance and wait for someone to tell us we are allowed to come in, kind of like vampires.

Last edited:

solus

has anybody else noticed there is not a single ping on the internet from the organizers about this event which is a week away?

there is the OPs blurp about a friend holding this event
there is 2 aug 13 'i have a utube friend' blurp for the 10th of aug
there is a'feest' blurp (whatever that is) which doesn't say anything about activities?
there is a ticketmaster blurp which says the link is dead...

does the comments hamlet uttered about something is rotten in denmark come to mind?

ipse

papa bear

Also I think we are participating in the event, since it is a 2nd Amendment Appreciation Rally
, and the organization sponsoring the event is giving us permission to OC. We should be fine?

§ 14-269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.(b) This section shall not apply to the following: (1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14-269;(2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;(3) A person participating in the event, if he is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event; and (4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event. (1977, c. 1016, s. 1; 1981, c. 412, s. 4, c. 747, s. 66; 1993, c. 539, s. 165; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

Or to get proper permission we can stand outside the entrance and wait for someone to tell us we are allowed to come in, kind of like vampires.

JAMES is right if you have the promoters permission then you will be allowed to carry there, by law.
if the coliseum doesn't want you there then that moots the point.

there shouldn't be any difference in liability insurance. no doubt you were told that. liability is liability, weather people are carrying or not

Vwfinatic273

Open Carry

To make things simple we will not be practicing open carry at this event. We will however be setting up a seperate open carry rally which will be free. I'll post event info when I have it all arranged.

carolina guy

To make things simple we will not be practicing open carry at this event. We will however be setting up a seperate open carry rally which will be free. I'll post event info when I have it all arranged.

So...a 2nd Amendment "Appreciation" Expo that will be weapon (or at least firearm) "free"?? Sounds relatively pointless... (*scratches head*) What's next, a 1st Amendment rally that will not allow free speech?

solus

is this my tail i see coming up in front of me?

OP you know your credibility is fading...

ipse

Last edited:

papa bear

this reminds me of a "so called" pro gun group in NC that is having a Meet& greet where we would have to disarm

But out of curiosity VW, why would you want to keep OC out? the right to keep and bear arms, is the very basest of the 2ndA

moonie

I would NEVER disarm for an event that proposes to support my right not to have to.

Seems this event is 2 weeks early...

solus

the silence is deafening isn't it?

oh wait....there is a thundering thud in the background...

i got it identified ...it is the op's credibility...falling through the floor...

ipse

Medic1210

Well, considering it was an actual registered event listed on the complex's website, I am hoping it was a success. I would hate to think the anti-gun crowd would get the opportunity to laugh as us for having a rally flop like we do to them when their rallies and protests have fewer participants than media show up.