• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Truly universal background checks

Eeyore

For months, there have been calls for new laws to make the Terrorism Watch List and No-Fly List disqualifying for a firearms purchase. Of course, criminals and terrorists don’t always use guns. If we want to keep the world safe for The Children, we need to be more ambitious. So why aren't Bloomberg and his useful idiots demanding "common-sense restrictions" and “universal background checks” for….

Knives
Of course, knives. That's a no-brainer.

Delivery trucks
French investigators explore possible terror links in Nice attack that killed 84
(and let's not forget Timothy McVeigh!)

Walmart (like, the entire store)
Footage Captures Man Accused Of Building Chemical Weapon Inside Walmart Store

Lumber
Psychiatrist killed by 2x4
Man Killed by 2x4 at Pasadena Party

and, well, pretty much everything
prosthetic leg
electric guitar
Xbox: "In April 2013, the body of a 20-year-old woman was found next to an Xbox 360 that was badly broken and bloodied. It was later determined that the woman’s boyfriend had used the console to beat her."

Clearly, we need to make sure that the "wrong" people don't get their hands on these horrible weapons! And why isn't Hilary demanding that the manufacturers be sued out of business? Because they obviously knew their products would be used in this way, didn't they? String 'em up! Besides, it should be easy to restrict all these things, because there's no constitutional amendment protecting them! What are we waiting for?

Gee, this banning is fun! Everybody should get in on it--surely I'm forgetting some instruments of death. What else should we require a background check for? (link to an example, or it doesn't count)

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Here's an interesting fact about background checks.

When you want to do something REALLY DANGEROUS, like work for the government, they conduct a background check on you, much the same way as when you buy a gun. BUT, wait, there's more. Those background checks aren't good enough for REALLY DANGEROUS stuff like working for the government. So you know what they do? They send g-men to talk to your neighbors and exes to find out about you from people that actually know you.

That's right, the most important, and most in-depth background checks are your friends and family. And yet, these are the same individuals that are mostly NOT exempt from the low-level hassling "background checks" for buying firearms.

There's your proof that it's not about the background check at all.

solus

Here's an interesting fact about background checks.

When you want to do something REALLY DANGEROUS, like work for the government, they conduct a background check on you, much the same way as when you buy a gun. BUT, wait, there's more. Those background checks aren't good enough for REALLY DANGEROUS stuff like working for the government. So you know what they do? They send g-men to talk to your neighbors and exes to find out about you from people that actually know you.

That's right, the most important, and most in-depth background checks are your friends and family. And yet, these are the same individuals that are mostly NOT exempt from the low-level hassling "background checks" for buying firearms.

There's your proof that it's not about the background check at all.

mac, please don't forget about the lifestyle poly, a really fun experience...i've been told!!

ipse

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Clearly, we need to make sure that the "wrong" people don't get their hands on these horrible weapons!

Agreed!!

And, the list needs to be expanded.

For example, the wrong people shouldn't be able to get their hands on Predator drones and Hellfire missiles. They've already killed 1397 innocent people while asserting to protect you and I from terrorists. (That is the government's own stat. Some journalists decided to tally up the number of innocent people the government said were killed. As in, take this drone strike where the government finally admitted 12 innocent people were killed. Then find the next government admission. One drone strike at a time. Then add them all up. The government didn't even realize how its own admissions--across time--could be added up.)

After the gay nightclub shooting several anti-gun nutjobs declared that military-grade weapons had no place on the streets of America. I agree!!!! The next time somebody says something like that within earshot, vigorously agree, and show them the pictures at this link (google search terms: watertown + searches):

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...64.img..0.23.1026...0j0i8i30j0i24.QFG-9vZ4XGg

Last edited:

Eeyore

Getting back on track...

...after that little off-topic diversion.

We should also require background checks before taking possession of...
  • steak knives
  • nicotine So that would cover cigarettes, patches, vaping...I wonder how the tobacco industry will react? On the upside, no one could ever [legally] ask you if they could "bum a smoke" ever agin.
  • Hammers Hmmm, better broaden that to include a lot of construction equipment. Certainly nail guns, those are scary. Circular saws, too.

beebobby

...after that little off-topic diversion.

We should also require background checks before taking possession of...
  • steak knives
  • nicotine So that would cover cigarettes, patches, vaping...I wonder how the tobacco industry will react? On the upside, no one could ever [legally] ask you if they could "bum a smoke" ever agin.
  • Hammers Hmmm, better broaden that to include a lot of construction equipment. Certainly nail guns, those are scary. Circular saws, too.

Because all those items were designed to kill people, right?

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Agreed!!

And, the list needs to be expanded.

For example, the wrong people shouldn't be able to get their hands on Predator drones and Hellfire missiles. They've already killed 1397 innocent people while asserting to protect you and I from terrorists. (That is the government's own stat. Some journalists decided to tally up the number of innocent people the government said were killed. As in, take this drone strike where the government finally admitted 12 innocent people were killed. Then find the next government admission. One drone strike at a time. Then add them all up. The government didn't even realize how its own admissions--across time--could be added up.)

After the gay nightclub shooting several anti-gun nutjobs declared that military-grade weapons had no place on the streets of America. I agree!!!! The next time somebody says something like that within earshot, vigorously agree, and show them the pictures at this link (google search terms: watertown + searches):

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...64.img..0.23.1026...0j0i8i30j0i24.QFG-9vZ4XGg

"Innocent" is a relative term. Didn't trump say we must kill the families of the terrorists also?

solus

"Innocent" is a relative term. Didn't trump say we must kill the families of the terrorists also?

that is a standing practice of deterrence for those who chose to oppose middle eastern rulers, such as Hussein, Pahlavi(s), Nasser, ad nauseam.

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
that is a standing practice of deterrence for those who chose to oppose middle eastern rulers, such as Hussein, Pahlavi(s), Nasser, ad nauseam.

ipse
Some have suggested that Shillary has utilized that procedure.