• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Day OC in North Everett, Marysville, Arlington area

jbone

Kind of. There is something about obtaining permission from the Chief, the last one would sign your permit so his officers knew you had obtained it, in order to carry on tribal land.

I went that route July 08, visited Chief Smith and he signed that back of mine:
"OK to cary Firearm on Tulalip Reservation
Scott G. Smith
Police Chiief
Tulalip Police Department"

I understand he was asked to leave after his legit raid on Boom City.

5jeffro7

I understand he was asked to leave after his legit raid on Boom City.

funny you should mention this..Scotty served under my father as a patrolman when they were on the Mountlake Terrace PD together...I think he got a raw deal with the Tulalip tribe on this one...they want them to enforce the law, but when it comes to busting an illegal fireworks operation, they want him to turn the other cheek? Way to go, Tulalip, you lost a good man when you played your games with scott smith...JM.02W

amlevin

funny you should mention this..Scotty served under my father as a patrolman when they were on the Mountlake Terrace PD together...I think he got a raw deal with the Tulalip tribe on this one...they want them to enforce the law, but when it comes to busting an illegal fireworks operation, they want him to turn the other cheek? Way to go, Tulalip, you lost a good man when you played your games with scott smith...JM.02W

The Tulalip Tribe has for years been run by a very tight knit group. If you're in, you're in. In not, you are gone.

For a long time they had a tough time recruiting Police Officers from tribal members due to the drug, alcohol, and criminal backgrounds of applicants.