• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Our Government's Financial Woes

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I fully expect the administration to play politics with those checks.

I've been more than vocal in my opinion that the zerO regime is stacked with idiots, the biggest one on top. However I don't think even zerO himself is big enough of an idiot to withold SS Checks.

I could be wrong though. I never thought he was stupid enough to think he had a majority of voter support after 2010 to keep doing the same stupid things. Yet here we are.

Dreamer

There have been close to 55 Million abortions in this country, most would be paying into SS if they were alive.

Dream on, there cowboy...

Most of them would be unemployed, and either drawing benefits or in prison if they were alive, which would just be MORE of an expense.

We can't even keep the people we DO have gainfully employed--how the hell would we find jobs for another 55 million, when all the manufacturing and technical jobs have been off-shored, and all the menial labor jobs are going to illegals?

OldCurlyWolf

Charity, my great grandmother's rosy red @$$!! Most of us have paid into that system since the time we first went to work. If it weren't for the corrupt politicians, and that is from both major parties, who raided the Social Security Trust Fund to finance their idiotic schemes, we wouldn't be having this problem.

I am all in favor of voting every single incumbent out of office, from the POTUS right on down, and putting a whole new bunch in office. Preferably a bunch from neither major party. The only way that I could see returning any one of them to office would be if they had the integrity to reduce their own pay and to refuse their pay until this mess is cleaned up.

Damn right, I'm an angry, worried old man. I'm beginning to see why Phillip Nolan said what he did.

Two Items:

1. SS was raided by LBJ and a Democratic controlled Congress to pay for Johnson's "GREAT SOCIETY".
Of course most Texans and other people with 1/2 a brain know that LBJ was both a LIAR and a THIEF.

Rumor has it that Lady Bird was worse.:cuss:

2. Are you commenting on the fictional Phillip Nolan, the "Man Without A Country"?

SFCRetired

Two Items:

1. SS was raided by LBJ and a Democratic controlled Congress to pay for Johnson's "GREAT SOCIETY".
Of course most Texans and other people with 1/2 a brain know that LBJ was both a LIAR and a THIEF.

Rumor has it that Lady Bird was worse.:cuss:

2. Are you commenting on the fictional Phillip Nolan, the "Man Without A Country"?

1. I'll go one better on LBJ; I firmly believe that he had knowledge of, if in fact he did not pay for, the assassination of Kennedy. Didn't like him and didn't care too much for Lady Bird. My sources told me that he was crude in both language and manner and prone to profanity, obscenity, and blasphemy when he didn't get his way.

2. You hit the nail right on the head. My comment was referring to the "Man Without A Country". His fictional crime was being sucked into the orbit of Aaron Burr. Me, I'm just disgusted with the government and the politicians and bureaucrats who run it.

jbone

In 2008, and in a presidential debate with Sen. McCain, Sen. Obama said this:

"Once we get through this economic crisis, we’re going to have to embrace a culture of responsibility, all of us, corporations, the federal government, & individuals who may be living beyond their means"

He must have had a let’s make this crisis worse, spend every freaking dime, take from others what they cannot take from you, take from the middle class and give to the lazy, and illegal’s change of heart. Or, his wife said back off on the responsibility ****, I have some serious traveling to do on the tax payer’s dime.

Last edited:

riverrat10k

Was listening to talk this afternoon about a credit rating downgrade, etc.

The fear was higher interest rates. Interest rates are a two-edged sword.

Low borrowing rates allow cheap money for banks and allow cheaper consumer spending, stimulating the economy. They also make depositors (you) less important to the banks. Why work for deposits when the Fed lends the money for free?

On the other hand, low interest rates destroy the buying power of savers, mostly elderly. Used to be pretty easy to get around a 5-7% percent return with little risk. Now the CD's are paying, what, 2%?

Big difference of getting 60K off your saved million vs. 20K, hmm?

The artificially low rates have destroyed the savings of millions of Americans.

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

.......Low borrowing rates allow cheap money for banks and allow cheaper consumer spending, stimulating the economy. They also make depositors (you) less important to the banks. Why work for deposits when the Fed lends the money for free?...........

Low interest rates DO NOT stimulate the economy. The Fed has been loaning "money" to banks at zero or near-zero percent interest for the last 3 years. Would you say our economy has been stimulated? Sometimes when the Fed does this, some short term "recovery" may occur, but it is just more "hair of the dog".

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Low interest rates DO NOT stimulate the economy. The Fed has been loaning "money" to banks at zero or near-zero percent interest for the last 3 years. Would you say our economy has been stimulated? Sometimes when the Fed does this, some short term "recovery" may occur, but it is just more "hair of the dog".

Agreed. Low interest rates spark a boom phase of the boom-bust cycle. This is not stimulation--the free market does not need stimulation. This is a banking/government double-speak that implies government and banksters should control the economy by controlling the amount of money in the system and who gets new money when it is created out of thin air.

And, low interest rates only contribute to a boom phase when somebody wants that money. Low interest rates are only part of the picture. When the economy is in the bust phase, everybody is in damage-control mode and taking on no more debt.