• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fellowship and ammo test

GvdM

Absolutely no incidents, just a good day. Went to Paradise Sales, 2x Walmarts (second one was due to Will (neighbor and Ft Carson deviant) forgetting his ears) and then to Dragonman's to test the RWS 9mm 124gr. ball ammo I picked up on my infamous Walmart trip last week.

OK, this may very well be my goto range ammo. not as cheap as WWB but very clean and accurate (well, a cpl fliers but I admit it, I suck). It is also a hot load (1181 fps). Swiss made to European standards so your basic NATO load.

Decided to throw 2 mags (20 rnds) at a target at 10 yrds with my G26. Despite a cpl flyers I was quite pleased (sorry, the picture quality isn't good but will suffice.

Colorado Springs-20110807-00034.jpg

Colorado Springs-20110807-00032.jpg

Shot 200 rounds of the RWS on this trip through the Glock 26 with no problems at all. Had a good time spent with Will shooting than stopping for a bite before going home. Good conversation, food and friends and range trip. Life doesn't get much better........

Last edited:

livetrapper13

....well, a cpl fliers but I admit it, I suck....

I'm sorry, but I can't see any fliers. That is some pretty darn good shooting! I can keep my shots inside a paper plate, but they tend to look like a shotgun spread. But hey, that is why I practice right? Keep up the good shooting.

P.S. If we are ever in a gunfight, I hope I am on your side!!!:D

Gunslinger

Absolutely no incidents, just a good day. Went to Paradise Sales, 2x Walmarts (second one was due to Will (neighbor and Ft Carson deviant) forgetting his ears) and then to Dragonman's to test the RWS 9mm 124gr. ball ammo I picked up on my infamous Walmart trip last week.

OK, this may very well be my goto range ammo. not as cheap as WWB but very clean and accurate (well, a cpl fliers but I admit it, I suck). It is also a hot load (1181 fps). Swiss made to European standards so your basic NATO load.

Decided to throw 2 mags (20 rnds) at a target at 10 yrds with my G26. Despite a cpl flyers I was quite pleased (sorry, the picture quality isn't good but will suffice.

View attachment 6591

View attachment 6592

Shot 200 rounds of the RWS on this trip through the Glock 26 with no problems at all. Had a good time spent with Will shooting than stopping for a bite before going home. Good conversation, food and friends and range trip. Life doesn't get much better........

Unless your fliers were off the target, that is good shooting. Cover it with your hand at 10 yards is the standard for PD shooting. 124g at just below 1200fps is NATO standard. For use only in guns that can handle +P rounds, which your gun is fine with. I use +P+ 124g HSTs @ 1300fps for carry in my Hi-Powers, but don't shoot it much. The Swiss certainly know guns :)