• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ryan tells Ohio he will protect our gun rights.

beebobby

And here we have his running mate who:

In the 2002 C-Span2 Gubernatorial debate - "We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them," he said "I won't chip away at them"
07-01-04 Gov Romney's News Release - "Governor Mit Romney today signed into law a PERMANENT assault weapons ban..."
In the same 07-01-04 Gov. Romney's News Release - "These guns are not made for recreation or delf-defense," Romney said. "They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."
Older issues of the NRA's own magazine has various articles on the "enemy of the 2nd amendment" / "anti rights" / "Anti-Gun" Gov. Romney. They also list him as a "big supporter" of:
The Brady Registration act (Boston Globe 06-12-94)
Mandatory Firearms ID Cards (Boston Globe 2002)
5-Day Waiting Period (Lowell Sun 03-30-02)
Federal Feinstein Gun Ban (Lowell Sun 03-30-02)
SIGNED the Mass. Semi-Automatic Ban (07-01-04)

He has a much worse record than his opponent.

nobama

Romney looks like Thomas Jefferson compared to obama, who has one of the worst voting records when it comes to our fundamental liberties, but what should we expect being raised by communists.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Mitt Romney looks like Clinton compared to Obama.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8239

Assuming Willard wins, you'll be hearing the crying of people who voted for him because he was a "better" choice regarding gun rights than Obamalama was.

Rather have a guy in office who wants to try to get a big bite at an apple and fail than one who'll take smaller bites an succeeds?

That may be the choice ... Willard is anti-gun. Obamalama haters (not that there is anything wrong with that) need to realize this and should have realized this before the primaries were over.

Only a fast moving Greyhound bus can help us now .... go ahead Willard, take that step onto the street .... it won't hurt, I promise (but then again, the GOP could nominate a more pro-gun control candidate)

Obamalama may be a better choice when it comes to preserving our gun rights .... especially if the GOP holds both houses.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Ryan Tells Ohio He Will Protect Our Gun Rights.

According to Citizen's Law of Politician Credibility he is lying. A corollary to Citizen's Law is that initially you can plan on any utterance by a politician being 180-degrees from the truth. Later, you may discover it was only 170-degrees from the truth, but you can begin operational planning on whatever is 180-degrees from the utterance.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Assuming Willard wins, you'll be hearing the crying of people who voted for him because he was a "better" choice regarding gun rights than Obamalama was.

Rather have a guy in office who wants to try to get a big bite at an apple and fail than one who'll take smaller bites an succeeds?

That may be the choice ... Willard is anti-gun. Obamalama haters (not that there is anything wrong with that) need to realize this and should have realized this before the primaries were over.

Only a fast moving Greyhound bus can help us now .... go ahead Willard, take that step onto the street .... it won't hurt, I promise (but then again, the GOP could nominate a more pro-gun control candidate)

Obamalama may be a better choice when it comes to preserving our gun rights .... especially if the GOP holds both houses.

The only thing that matters this election is Supreme Court appointments! I already know what type of person Obama will appoint! You will now come back with, "But he won't be able to appoint others like the first two if Republicans control both houses," to which I say it wouldn't matter. Look at all of those in the Senate that currently say they completely support our RKBA (both Ds and Rs), and then tell me, who was it that confirmed the appointments of Obama's?

I have been desperately struggling with who to vote for this election, and I have decided I am going to vote the Libertarian party. I cannot in good faith vote for either of these candidates, because I would be dishonoring my own constitution, and the sacred document if I did so.

I will not disrespect the men that gave life and blood to found this country by voting for someone who does not believe in what those men accomplished, and who does not respect the sacrifice they made to ensure our freedom and liberty!

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Now, concerning Mr. Ryan: he is lying! Congressman Ryan is full of sh*t, basically because he will have NO say in what happens to our Second Amendment rights because he will have NO authority in the matter. If the Senate was to magically enter into a tied vote concerning the issue then he would have a say, but unless that happens his little speech means nothing!

He has voted for SOME good legislation as a congressman, but that doesn't mean Romney will do the same.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Now, concerning Mr. Ryan: he is lying! Congressman Ryan is full of sh*t, basically because he will have NO say in what happens to our Second Amendment rights because he will have NO authority in the matter. If the Senate was to magically enter into a tied vote concerning the issue then he would have a say, but unless that happens his little speech means nothing!

He has voted for SOME good legislation as a congressman, but that doesn't mean Romney will do the same.

Only hope is a drug crazed bus driver ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG3ieifrqyQ

Redbaron007

We have a better chance of controlling/influencing Romney in gun-rights, Supreme Court nominees than with Obama. Obama has been in re-election mode since Jan 2009. He won't be in re-election mode for the next four years. What has he done in the last four years? Want more of the same or God forbid worse? Very doubtful Romney will go extreme.

Bottom line....Do you want Obama for 4 more years? If not, how do propose to remedy the situation at this time?

Ken56

As the old joke goes, how can you tell if a politician is lying? his lips are moving. and the joke is on US.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I have been desperately struggling with who to vote for this election, and I have decided I am going to vote the Libertarian party. I cannot in good faith vote for either of these candidates, because I would be dishonoring my own constitution, and the sacred document if I did so.

How about honoring the U.S. Constitution, instead? I took an oath to support and defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic. To me that means doing everything in my power to ensure the Kenyan Muslim is voted OUT of office. I would shirking my duty, FAILING my oath if I were to throw my vote away on any candidate that had zero chance of defeating Obama. The only way to honor my oath is to pick and acceptable candidate who stands at least some chance of defeating Obama and backing that candidate.

I will not disrespect the men that gave life and blood to found this country by voting for someone who does not believe in what those men accomplished, and who does not respect the sacrifice they made to ensure our freedom and liberty!

So instead you're disrespecting the men that gave life and blood to found this country by tossing your vote out the window.

Nice... (facepalm)

twoskinsonemanns

So instead you're disrespecting the men that gave life and blood to found this country by tossing your vote out the window.

Nice... (facepalm)

Not voting for the flip flopping gun grabber YOU want to be president is disrespecting the men that gave life and blood to found this country?
Your out of line.

eye95

The Libertarian will not win--and not just because those of us who say he can't won't vote for him. If everyone who thought like he does voted for him, he'd still lose--badly.

If he were not in the race, the overwhelming majority of votes that would be for him would go to Romney. A tiny fraction would go to Obama. A slightly larger fraction would stay home, but the net result would be a Romney gain on Obama.

Therefore, votes for him hurt Romney and help Obama.

Romney is not perfect, but he is miles better than Obama.

By voting for the Libertarian, a voter helps the less desirable candidate out of the only two who can possibly win.

When your finger is poised over the button, I implore you to think about this just one more time, search your heart, and do the right thing.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

Redbaron007

Not voting for the flip flopping gun grabber YOU want to be president is disrespecting the men that gave life and blood to found this country?
Your out of line.

And you propose....Gary Johnson? A losing candidate who can't do anything to effect change?

So you prefer the current administration. So if your guy can't be in office, you want to punish the rest of the country for your selfish desire and allow the current leftist regime in power? Interesting thought process. :rolleyes:

BriKuz

I'm with you, KYGlockster... My wife and I are BOTH voting Johnson... I don't care what anyone says, the act of voting for the lesser of two evils is evil. Call it a wasted vote if you want, but I don't see it that way... Johnson is polling over 10% here in Ohio, and the more people realize that there IS a third choice, the more they are liking him. Will J win? I doubt it, but, like the Browns, I'll root for them to the end!

Jack House

The Libertarian will not win--and not just because those of us who say he can't won't vote for him. If everyone who thought like he does voted for him, he'd still lose--badly.
If everyone that thought like him, voted for him, the Republicans would lose nearly their entire voter base and the Democrats would lose a huge portion as well.

If he were not in the race, the overwhelming majority of votes that would be for him would go to Romney. A tiny fraction would go to Obama. A slightly larger fraction would stay home, but the net result would be a Romney gain on Obama.
Nope, if Johnson were not in the race, most of his supporters would either right in Ron Paul or not vote. Those of us voting for Johnson are doing so because we feel he's the only person on the ballot worth voting for and that a vote for either Obama or Romney is consent for their anti-constitution actions.

Therefore, votes for him hurt Romney and help Obama.
Obama wants to ban guns. Romney has banned guns. Obama wants to take other misc rights away, so does Romney. There's no difference.

Romney is not perfect, but he is miles better than Obama.
Obamacare is evil right? So what does that make the bill it was spawned from, which would be Romneycare? Obama wants to take away our rights, correct? That's why he appointed an anti-rights judge to SCOTUS, right? So what do you think Romney, who signed the strongest anti-gun rights law in the nation and supported the Clinton AWB?

Romney is not miles better than Obama. Don't kid yourself.

By voting for the Libertarian, a voter helps the less desirable candidate out of the only two who can possibly win.
The less desirable candidate is Romney. Do I want 4 more years of rights hating, gun grabbing tom foolery or do I want 8 years of rights hating, gun grabbing tom foolery followed by 8 years of whatever rights hating, gun grabbing politician the Democrats decide to sick on us? Answer: I want the cycle to stop, which means withdrawing my support of it by voting for a candidate that will put an end to the vicious cycle.

No more party politics for me, I refuse to be a part of the group that is going to doom our nation.

twoskinsonemanns

And you propose....Gary Johnson? A losing candidate who can't do anything to effect change?

So you prefer the current administration. So if your guy can't be in office, you want to punish the rest of the country for your selfish desire and allow the current leftist regime in power? Interesting thought process. :rolleyes:

My "selfish desire" is for all men to have the most individual liberty possible in our society.
If enough of you value-compromising types remain blinded long enough you'll ruin our country. So amazing how fox news and the GOP pull your string so easily. Dance, little redbaron, dance.