• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Restaurant option Downtown for Lobby Day

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
I know it's late notice, but if you're heading to Richmond for Lobby Day (or any time) you might want to stop in to a place a friend of mine opened a few months ago. He likes guns but the gal that works with him is a bit gunshy so I thought seeing some well-mannered folks stop in carrying might show her there's nothing to worry about.

The place is only a couple blocks West of the bell tower at 616 Franklin St. Called Federal Coffee and Tea. Great sandwiches/coffee, etc.

Would love to catch up with folks at the rally, but I'm out of town with the wife for our 11th anniversary.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I know it's late notice, but if you're heading to Richmond for Lobby Day (or any time) you might want to stop in to a place a friend of mine opened a few months ago. He likes guns but the gal that works with him is a bit gunshy so I thought seeing some well-mannered folks stop in carrying might show her there's nothing to worry about.

The place is only a couple blocks West of the bell tower at 616 Franklin St. Called Federal Coffee and Tea. Great sandwiches/coffee, etc.

Would love to catch up with folks at the rally, but I'm out of town with the wife for our 11th anniversary.

I'll be outside most of the morning. Maybe we can have a group lunch there today. Stop by and we'll plan it. I'll be the one with the 8 foot Jib Crane camera unless the CP's come up with a reason to take it down.:uhoh:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'll make a point of trying to stop in.

The problem with getting a group together downtown is that a) none of us live downtown so need to find parking, b) public transportation from where we can find parking is both infrequent and expensive, and c) most places downtown are looking for rapid turnover so they can get lots of customers through, while we tend to linger.

In spite of that, I'll try to stop in.

stay safe.