• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A business in Seattle that says THIS PLACE IS ARMED?!?!

RogueReflections

I thought I had “seen it all” when it comes to living in the Seattle area. Tonight, after enjoying a pizza in a local eatery in the Phinney Ridge district of Seattle, my girlfriend and I decided to take a walk. While passing a local business, I noticed a sign in the window that made me do a double take to make sure I read it right. As it turns out, I DID! The sign displayed in the front window of John Walker’s Workshop (automobile servicing) clearly states this is an ARMED establishment! I could hardly believe that a business in this city would actually have such a sign posted. Seattle has been in local, state and national news for having businesses in entire sections of the city post “No Guns Allowed” signs in their windows and then there is this business that bravely sets itself out from the rest and posts a sign in direct contrast. I was so impressed I had to stop and take a picture because I knew very few people would believe me. I am going to contact the owners of John Walker’s Workshop to see if they would do me the honors of an informal interview.

Attachments

• JohnWalker.jpg
    JohnWalker.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 403

BobR

It is obvious he is a transplant and not really from Seattle. He has a stuffed armadillo in there, people up here don't even know what those things are!! ;)

bob

Last edited:

BobR

armadillo = possum on the half-shell

You should see what they do when you shoot one. Those bastages go straight up for about 6 feet. That is why they always die when getting run over, their fright reflex is to jump straight up, into the bottom of your car. :(

bob

rightwinglibertarian

Seattle is terrible. Coming from Wisconsin and living downtown, you don't see any signs at all with regards to carry. Just a ton of 'no loitering' and 'no trespassing' signs, which is crazy as normally you see those and you don't go in a building or climb a fence or something. I'd love to join up with some open carriers downtown even if i'm not armed though of course I'd love to be

rightwinglibertarian

The more, the merrier. You should also consider attending any OC rally that may be planned.

my internet access is limited but i'll try to keep up. I usually focus on the social networks but with enough warning I can try to attend. I have not the funds to buy a firearm at the moment and in fact i'm not even permitted to have one on the premises i'm staying but for now I have no choice.

RogueReflections

my internet access is limited but i'll try to keep up. I usually focus on the social networks but with enough warning I can try to attend. I have not the funds to buy a firearm at the moment and in fact i'm not even permitted to have one on the premises i'm staying but for now I have no choice.
There is always a need for photographers and videographers. The OC people are down to earth and would not give anyone crap for not carrying anyway.

sudden valley gunner

When were were having weekly meets we ended up with quite a large group who were non OC'ers who would join us. Was fun just to sit around drink coffee and shoot the .......

rightwinglibertarian

There is always a need for photographers and videographers. The OC people are down to earth and would not give anyone crap for not carrying anyway.

Still kinda ticked off I can't carry. Can't even borrow a firearm thanks to I-594

When were were having weekly meets we ended up with quite a large group who were non OC'ers who would join us. Was fun just to sit around drink coffee and shoot the .......

my knowledge of Seattle is highly limited but it would be a small miracle to find a gun friendly place big enough. I was out in Kent earlier in the year and they seem far friendlier. But Seattle is the place that needs the most work and I reckon thats the place to start. Have a demonstration right in the middle of the city. Pioneer Square, Occidental Park or something

sudden valley gunner

rightwinglibertarian;2133376 my knowledge of Seattle is highly limited but it would be a small miracle to find a gun friendly place big enough. I was out in Kent earlier in the year and they seem far friendlier. But Seattle is the place that needs the most work and I reckon thats the place to start. Have a demonstration right in the middle of the city. Pioneer Square said:
We have marched OC in the middle of an anti gun parade......;) In the middle of Seattle.

rightwinglibertarian

We have marched OC in the middle of an anti gun parade......;) In the middle of Seattle.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: *shakes your hand* Good on you. Do it again. Just give me notice and i'll be there giving dumbocrats nightmares for weeks. And any individuals that choose to commit constitutional infringements. I know what I believe, I'm just dying to put it to the test in a live situation. Plus grovel enough to put the resulting video on my news page. Nothing like a dealing with idiots to get hits :p

sudden valley gunner

:lol::lol::lol::lol: *shakes your hand* Good on you. Do it again. Just give me notice and i'll be there giving dumbocrats nightmares for weeks. And any individuals that choose to commit constitutional infringements. I know what I believe, I'm just dying to put it to the test in a live situation. Plus grovel enough to put the resulting video on my news page. Nothing like a dealing with idiots to get hits :p

We'd love to have you! I ended up being interviewed on being on the news and they did a great job of not doing to much editing.

Here's us marching with the anti's, who when they found out what were about created a big bubble around us that all could then clearly see our sign.....lol....and leaving me enough room to take a pic....;)

rightwinglibertarian

We'd love to have you! I ended up being interviewed on being on the news and they did a great job of not doing to much editing.

Here's us marching with the anti's, who when they found out what were about created a big bubble around us that all could then clearly see our sign.....lol....and leaving me enough room to take a pic....;)

my tiny news aggregator won't get you far but I'd certainly upload a few pics and a video and hope it got shared around enough to make at least some impact