• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ted Nugent > " Open Carry Is For Weirdos" < quote from Uncle Ted > see video >>>>>>

Tucker6900

Just like everybody else, he is entitled to his opinion. Its his choice to concealed carry, and just like everyone else, if he likes it or not, open carry is here to stay.

carsontech

Activist Member
Unfortunately, there are probably many people that heard Ted say that and believe that open carry will get you shot first just because the Nuge said so. They will never think diffidently because "the Nuge is all knowing".

This past Wednesday I was conversing with a contractor at work about Ted. We were discussing Ted's rant about Obama. Somewhere in the conversation the opportunity to discuss open carry came up. I told the contractor that I supported open carry and that I carry openly any chance I get.

The contractor gave me that whole "element of surprise" bit and said that "Ted's right on everything".

Later that day I found out the contractor doesn't even carry a firearm.

[sarcasm] If you read it on the internets, or if the Nuge says it, it must be true! [/sarcasm]

Medic1210

I like Ted, and what he stands for. That being said, I'm a bit surprised by his stance on lawful open carry. I would have thought he was cool with anything second amendment related. Oh well... I'm not gonna trash the guy because of one skewed opinion.

ManInBlack

I like Ted, and what he stands for. That being said, I'm a bit surprised by his stance on lawful open carry. I would have thought he was cool with anything second amendment related. Oh well... I'm not gonna trash the guy because of one skewed opinion.

Just because it's the first skewed opinion you've heard reported, does not mean it's the only one the man publicly espouses. I encourage you to do a little research on Nugent, and ask yourself, "In viewing the totality of his words and deeds, is this someone I want to represent ME in front of the mainstream media and the non-gun owning public?"

My answer is a resounding "NO."

Last edited:

lockman

State Researcher
Does Ted really believe all police and security are weirdos?

Take it with a grain of salt, Ted has called himself a weirdo and by his own admission has open carried. I recall him talking about open carrying a machine gun. He did not specifically state "open carry" but the gun was loaded, uncased and laying in his vehicle while going to a local fast food place. If that is not defined as open carry, then what is?

ManInBlack

Does Ted really believe all police and security are weirdos?

Take it with a grain of salt, Ted has called himself a weirdo and by his own admission has open carried. I recall him talking about open carrying a machine gun. He did not specifically state "open carry" but the gun was loaded, uncased and laying in his vehicle while going to a local fast food place. If that is not defined as open carry, then what is?

In more than a few states, including Nugent's Michigan home, that would require a CPL. Not open carry at all.

Besides, to any real American with an understanding of liberties, the interior of one's vehicle is NOBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS. Completely different from carrying a visible weapon in public, both in terms of real and perceived risk to one's life, liberty, and property.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
You don't hear him saying people driving around in zebra print broncos, or walking around wearing tight zebra print pants, or standing in front of thousands of people in your speedo's is weird do you? Nope, even though a majority of Americans would call these activities weird! BTW, Ted does all of these things and more! So how does he have the audacity to call someone lawfully exercising their second amendment rights "weirdos?" Carrying a firearm concealed or open is normal to me, and as American as it can get. Perhaps he should pay a little more attention to the "founders of our country" that he loves so much before he calls them, and everyone who openly carries a weapon weirdos!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Meh,

If I wanted to get political opinions from a man with long hair and a tacky fashion sense Id go to New Jersey.

Please pick up your internets before the close of business Friday, or the prize will be returned to The Prize Chest for someone else to win.

stay safe.

meyoung0331

I've always kinda thought that you hide something your ashamed of. A concealed weapon is fine in its place. Like if its cold outside and your wearing a jacket. I'm getting my CCDW just so that I have the option, but for the most part I plan to continue OC. CC isn't going to raise any awareness to this right. Most of my family believes that it's illegal to OC in public (even though I've told them otherwise) and frown on it. The Nug is yet another man with more money than sense, and unfortunately that gives him the medium to amplify his ignorant voice. Seriously, who wants they 2A rights spoken about on behalf of a burnt out rock-star with enough money to shield himself from the consequences of law that we face. My humble opinion for what its worth.

Sonora Rebel

Meh,

If I wanted to get political opinions from a man with long hair and a tacky fashion sense Id go to New Jersey.

That's gotta be among the best comments ever written in OCDO. (Altho... I'd prob'ly have picked San Francisco.)