• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Acadamy Sporting Goods

MR Redenck

I have been in a few different Acadamy stores in Texas. "I cant stand any of them as far as a gun counter goes". Now I do by pants and shirts there, but no ammo or guns. Not me, not anymore!
The attitude their managers have toward guns is nothing more than Liberal crap! One time I was going to take one of my shotguns in there to size up a sling. I also need some mounting eye's. " They acted like a bunch of idiots when I went in there". :eek:
I dont know what the Acadamy Corp policy is on guns, but their managers act like their from Natzi France or something.
I go to my old buddies gun shop. If I dont walk in there with a gun he thinks im sick or something.
Matter of a fact, I dont think I want to buy nothing at Acadamy anymore.

eye95

Never a problem in any of the Academies that I have OCed in. Barring a corporate policy against carry (surely there is not one), I won't let bad management in a few stores affect my shopping at the chain. A bad experience at a store should be raised with the manager. If satisfaction is not in the offing, a call to corporate is in order. That should fix any bad reception to a customer.

MR Redenck

Never a problem in any of the Academies that I have OCed in. Barring a corporate policy against carry (surely there is not one), I won't let bad management in a few stores affect my shopping at the chain. A bad experience at a store should be raised with the manager. If satisfaction is not in the offing, a call to corporate is in order. That should fix any bad reception to a customer.
Good point. We dont have many chains out here to shop at, so it's not like im missing anything. Most of my guns get purchased out of state anyhow and sent to a FFL. I get all my ammo from a milsurp in Arizona.
I do like to shop and see what's new, but the attitudes of the managment wont help me decide to spend my money.
I think I will call the corp just to see what they think.