• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 2/2/13, 9:30 AM

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast at 9:30 AM on Saturday, Feb. 2nd

Golden Corral Restaurant
11 South Providence Road..........Map
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 320-5078

Hot sticky buns and fresh omelets, here we come!

sidestreet

Gonna try to make it...,

got a lot to do today. Taz, is SIL coming?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

scouser

Just checked the weather for today, I've been promising Logan a trip to the zoo since Christmas so he can ride the train again. GC is on the way there from our house so we'll see you soon

sidestreet

Awesome!!!

I was hoping you two might make it!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

scouser

I was hoping you two might make it!

The only thing I don't really enjoy about GC is trying to get food with Logan. You all know what he's like, if I go up with him it's a struggle to manage 2 plates and a 3 year old at the same time. If I leave him at the table I'm always concerned he'll be a nuisance (no matter how good riverrat and taz say he was today when I left him in their charge). Maybe the threat worked.

For those who weren't there, Taz's facial expression was priceless when I said to Logan "behave yourself while I go to get your ice cream or I'm going to make you sit next to skid"

The zoo was COLD !!!! Apparently they don't let the giraffes outside if the temperature is below 45, even then they take into account wind chill, so we didn't see giraffes today. However, the train was working so that's really all Logan cared about.

Last edited:

sidestreet

Next time I'll try to get a better seat..,

The only thing I don't really enjoy about GC is trying to get food with Logan. You all know what he's like, if I go up with him it's a struggle to manage 2 plates and a 3 year old at the same time. If I leave him at the table I'm always concerned he'll be a nuisance (no matter how good riverrat and taz say he was today when I left him in their charge). Maybe the threat worked.

For those who weren't there, Taz's facial expression was priceless when I said to Logan "behave yourself while I go to get your ice cream or I'm going to make you sit next to skid"

The zoo was COLD !!!! Apparently they don't let the giraffes outside if the temperature is below 45, even then they take into account wind chill, so we didn't see giraffes today. However, the train was working so that's really all Logan cared about.

so I can help you either carry a plate or keep Logan entertained, and even though he really did behave very well, I still needed to have a better seat so that I could get out to get seconds without having to basically "body surf" my way to and from my seat. Great seeing everyone though!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

va_tazdad

Not a problem

He was a perfect little gentleman like I said. Seems he is almost as scared of Skid as the coward at the ferry.

Anytime I am there I will be more than willing to entertain him or assist you in any way needed. He is a joy as I raised 3 girls and missed all the fun of a little boy.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Great!

Now I'm the official OC Breakfast Enforcer. How did that happen?

I love little kids - medium rare, with a baked potato and a side salad.:D

Logan, OTOH, is just as Sidestreet and va_tazdad describe him - a gentleman.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Even if Logan were not so well behaved, there would be no problem. We enjoy his company and will do whatever we can to make his and your dinning experience a memorable event - including practicing a bit of table top football w/napkins :lol: You can't fault him for that, it was all my doing.

sidestreet

Yeah, what Grape said...,

Even if Logan were not so well behaved, there would be no problem. We enjoy his company and will do whatever we can to make his and your dinning experience a memorable event - including practicing a bit of table top football w/napkins :lol: You can't fault him for that, it was all my doing.

Plus!!! :)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13