• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pistol stolen/lost and now found.

cyras21

pistol found, apparently my wife really is a blonde. Anyway...

When looking through the case for the paperwork, I found an envelope with a spent shell casing. Is there a database that the government keeps?

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just found out that my wife's pistol was stolen. It's a Springfield XD subcompact 9mm serial #XD193015674.

When looking through the case for the paper work, I found an envelope with a spent shell casing. Is there a database that the government keeps?

Not unless your wife murdered someone and shell casings are sitting in an evidence bag somewhere.
Don't encourage them either. They try to get support for those databases once in a while.

Sorry about the gun. Hope your insurance covers it. Don't forget to tell them about the genuine pre-ban elephant ivory grips and diamond inset night site.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
There have always been rumors that some part of the .fed.gov maintains a stolen-firearms database. It's supposedly the one the cops call in to when they are checking the serial number of your gun.

But I have never found independent verification that it exists.

All the same, your insurance probably wil require a police report before they start the process of offering you - on a take it or leave it basis - a deeply depreciated value for the handgun. Check your policy to see if you bought full replacement coverage as opposed to what they say it is worth after getting banged up during the theft.

stay safe.

TFred

pistol found, apparently my wife really is a blonde. Anyway...

When looking through the case for the paperwork, I found an envelope with a spent shell casing. Is there a database that the government keeps?
Glad you found it!

I believe some states require you to supply the spent casing when you register the gun. So if you ever decide to become a criminal and are stupid enough to use the gun you have registered, AND they recover other spent casings at the scene of the crime, THEN they will know who to come looking for.

I have some waterfront property for sale in Nevada too.

TFred

P.S. This whole idea just confirms the gun-grabber mentality that all legal gun-owners are really criminals, they just haven't committed the crimes - yet.

Last edited:

Maverick9

P.S. This whole idea just confirms the gun-grabber mentality that all legal gun-owners are really criminals, they just haven't committed the crimes - yet.

Ya mean like Virginia's VCIN, where info about CHP holders is stored? The 'C' stands for criminal. :D

lil_shawn1990

The last two pistols I bought, both have came with a little yellow envelope with a casing in it. I assumed it was for idiots who didn't know what ammo their gun shoots lol. Both of my guns are S&W. Maybe this was put with the paperwork

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The last two pistols I bought, both have came with a little yellow envelope with a casing in it. I assumed it was for idiots who didn't know what ammo their gun shoots lol. Both of my guns are S&W. Maybe this was put with the paperwork

It's to show it was test fired.

BTW, whoever removed the serial number from my post....It wasn't his number. It was the stocking number from something I got from Amazon:lol:
I wasn't going to put his number up even if he did.:banana:

1245A Defender

Wow!!!

Sooo, you misplaced your gun for,,, nine minutes!!!
during that 9 mins, you post it stolen, here.
did you call the cops?
did you call your insurance too?
remember you only have 9 mins to get this all done.

some folks would just shoot a neighborhood kid!

did you give your blond, a sternly worded, sit down, talking to?

va_tazdad

And then there is the

"micro stamping" on the hammer. When that was supposed to start I am not sure. It is supposed to imprint on every shell casing so as to assist the gubermant with tracking criminals.

Yeah, right. Just another method of tracking legal gun owners.

Maverick9

did you call the cops?

Just a ruse to let us know he had a blonde wife...or to post his firearm's serial number, (which it might be prudent to remove). Just sayin'... :)

Marco

I have some waterfront property for sale in Nevada too.

TFred.

You should really stop using this as an example! NV does have homes that are waterfront.
If you buy a waterfront home in Southern NV Celine Dion might be your neighbor. And, let us not forget about Lake Tahoe, there is a (freer/better side) NV side.

Your using an example that is incorrect makes you seem less than intelligent, especially when you are trying to point out someone else's foolishness.

Try oceanfront next time, as there are no oceans in NV.

TFred

You should really stop using this as an example! NV does have homes that are waterfront.
If you buy a waterfront home in Southern NV Celine Dion might be your neighbor. And, let us not forget about Lake Tahoe, there is a (freer/better side) NV side.

Your using an example that is incorrect makes you seem less than intelligent, especially when you are trying to point out someone else's foolishness.

Try oceanfront next time, as there are no oceans in NV.
"You should really stop using" rather implies multiple occasions. Have I used this before? I was not really keeping track.

In any case, duly noted, and probably what I was thinking anyway.

TFred

cyras21

did you call the cops?

yep you got it. figured we'd post it stolen before we looked for it. Seriously?!?

davidmcbeth

Banned
did you call the cops?

Oh wait, I found them ... never mind...:cool: