• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Won't be going to the Fair again.

Oklapatriot

I see where the Oklahoma State Fair is banning the right of citizens to exercise their 2A rights again. I'm sure the little thugs that hang around there will respect this rule. Oh well, another year of not going.....

pierceddwes

Hmmm, I was under the impression that they could not ban carrying because its community fair grounds for everyone... I could be mistaken it wouldn't be the first time, but thank you for posting this and bringing awareness.

hrdware

Can they legally keep you from carrying outside the buildings?

If I remember correctly, Oklahoma State Fair Inc believes that since they put a fence up around the entire place and control the admission of the people at the gates, they are entitled to deny the carry of firearms at the fairgrounds (outside the buildings) during the State Fair of Oklahoma.

It will likely take a court case to get them to change this policy.

DamnYankeeOk

I had a conversation with two OCPD officers at the fair last night about this. They said the city attorney informed the State Fair that they could not ban guns from the grounds. They can post the buildings but not the grounds. One of the officers thought that they put it on the website to deter people from carrying at the fair.

EhlerDave

I have not been to the fair since going to Tulsa several years ago and all the handicap parking was full of police cars. We drove around but could not find a safe place to park my van to get the chair out so guns or not we went home. I highly doubt I ever go back.

FreedomDoc

I have always carried (concealed) at the fair, and have no reason to go in the buildings -- and I have never been made so far as I know. My take is they have to follow state law which says they can ban carry in the buildings but not on the fairgrounds. Gangbangers beware.