• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Banks policies?

heresolong

One thing to keep in mind is that you will rarely have a business which will have an actual policy that is pro gun. There's no reason for them to have it. If they just don't address the issue, the implication is that they don't really care whether you carry or not. The only time you will see a policy will generally be to prohibit something. Just like laws, everything is legal unless it is specifically prohibited.

The discussion that we have frequently had on the boards, then, is whether asking for a policy is a good idea. If you ask a company for a policy and they decide they need one, they might just decide that liability concerns require that policy to be negative. I prefer to carry until asked to leave, at which point I will move my business elsewhere.

That being said, +1 on credit unions. I OC into WECU all the time and no one has ever said one word about it. I am also a member of USAA fromback in the good old days when they didn't let enlisted in :) and Navy Federal, but neither has convenient branches and I need to be able to deposit cash on a pretty regular basis.

amzbrady

US Bank is right around the corner from where I live. I like having US or America in the bank name. I went in open carry, met with with the customer service guy, set up an account, then stood up to let my daughter sit down so she could open her savings account. While she was filling out her paperwork I realized I was standing strong side centered between the door and front teller counter. Everyone coming thru the door could see my firearm and half of the front counter. No one said anything, I didnt get to conversate with any of our local finest. I got the same reaction as if I would not have been carrying. I do however wonder what is said after leaving, I know someone there had to have an opinion, I just hope if someone did, there was someone else who had some facts.
The rest of the day was uneventful as well, stopped in at a car lot and walked around a bit looking at a few cars. One of the salemen asked what caliper I carried. He said he had just bought a 357 and was going to get an ankle holster. I told him not to wait till it's to late.
Wife and I went to Wally World so she could pick up a prescription, then we bought a new printer. Had to have manager approval on a coupon we had, so I got to meet the store manager, Kelly. He seems like a nice guy.
We then went to Wal-Greens so I could get my prescription.
Then off to dinner, at Kings Wok.

Seems to me that the only thing unusual about open carry is that there arent more people carrying comfortably.

I was in Safeway the other night and there was a guy in front of me who was concealed carry, either that or he had a customized shelf/armrest installed on his hip. All I could think is "what, are your serious, you have got to be kidding". To me it looked more intimidating kinda hidden and obvious than it would have just all out in the open. I started thinking why is he trying to hide it, and then thought, crap, I am unarmed because I just left work, damn job policies.

amlevin

I like having US or America in the bank name.

Even though those with "US" or "America" in their name are the ones that are "porking" the American public the worst?

Just remember, Obama has the title "President" on his business card but that doesn't make him a Leader.

I'd prefer actions from a bank, not just a "name".