• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mega Foods Pulled Signs

metalman383

Mega Foods has pulled their signs!!
Thank you to anyone that contacted them. It is soooo nice to have like minded people on here, that are willing to take some time, to try to help make sure our rights are not infringed more than they already are. Since they have multiple grocery stores, and gas stations, this is a great victory. I sent Mr. Buck a thank you. If you sent him an E-Mail, if you could please send him a thank you, that would be awesome. This is what I sent.

Message body

Mr. Buck

I have been informed that there are no longer, "no firearm" signs on your Mega West doors. If this is the case, I would like to extend my sincere thank you for not making a political statement, and abiding by state law. I will also be clearing Mega Foods from the multiple forums and sites that track businesses, that choose to deprive peoples right to protect themselves, and their families.

I look forward to Mega Foods supplying my families food needs once again. On a side note, you guys are way better than Festival!

Thank You
XXXXXXX
Mike.Buck@megafoods.com Contact E-Mail

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Good news and good work!

Mega Foods has pulled their signs!!
Thank you to anyone that contacted them. It is soooo nice to have like minded people on here, that are willing to take some time, to try to help make sure our rights are not infringed more than they already are. Since they have multiple grocery stores, and gas stations, this is a great victory. I sent Mr. Buck a thank you. If you sent him an E-Mail, if you could please send him a thank you, that would be awesome. This is what I sent.

Mr. Buck

I have been informed that there are no longer, "no firearm" signs on your Mega West doors. If this is the case, I would like to extend my sincere thank you for not making a political statement, and abiding by state law. I will also be clearing Mega Foods from the multiple forums and sites that track businesses, that choose to deprive peoples right to protect themselves, and their families.

I look forward to Mega Foods supplying my families food needs once again. On a side note, you guys are way better than Festival!

Thank You
XXXXXXX
Mike.Buck@megafoods.com Contact E-Mail

Thanks for your efforts. We are moving in the right direction!

metalman383

Yes they are. They all posted at the same time, and I will stop at the closest Holiday tomorrow, and make sure their sign has also magically dissapeared. If the signs are all gone, even though a small accomplishment, it will feel good to know that with a little bit of effort, we can all make a difference.

protias

Yes they are. They all posted at the same time, and I will stop at the closest Holiday tomorrow, and make sure their sign has also magically dissapeared. If the signs are all gone, even though a small accomplishment, it will feel good to know that with a little bit of effort, we can all make a difference.

Ok. We know what their policy is, so if the signs are down, I'll take them off the list. :banana:

jpm84092

In Time The Signs Will Go Away

As time passes, and more WI permits/licenses are issued, Wisconsin businesses will do what businesses have done in the other "shall issue" states; they will pay attention to the concept that No Guns = No Money from permit holders. Over 20,000 permits (licenses) have been issued in Wisconsin. That means that those 20,000+ persons will have to do an about-face when they approach a store that has posted - and take their business to a place that is more "enlightened" with respect to concealed carry.

I have not been a full time resident of Wisconsin for 3 years. Here in Utah, the only places I have ever seen posted, aside from the Federal and State Prohibited Carry Places such as the Federal and State Courthouses, are hospitals (and because they are posted, the uniformed security guards have empty holsters). I have seen one clinic post, but I go to one that does not post. (And the staff accommodate me when I have to disarm to be examined.)

Two of the major grocery chains here sell stamps to attract permit holders who do not want to disarm to go to the Post Office. There are also several postal stores that (for a fee) will mail your parcel post packages and sell stamps to accommodate permit holders. Thus, I predict that as the number of Wisconsin Licenses grows, so will the opportunities for folks in business who want to make it easier for License holders to do business with them. As these 2A friendly businesses grow in numbers, the few remaining signs in WI will go the way of the dinosaur.