• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discounted NRA memberships available

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
I have been getting a few emails this week, asking if these discounts are still available (They are.).....so I figured that I'd start a new post about them.

As an NRA recruiter, I can offer special discounted memberships for a limited time that are not available online (aside from the 1 yr.). They can only be offered through a recruiter via the NRA membership applications that I have. Its a bit of work, but I'd like to offer them here. If anyone is interested in these discounts, send me a pm with your address. I'll mail you the application form and then you can mail it back to me.

The discounts are:

One year - $25 instead of $35
Three years - $70 instead of $85
Five years - $100 instead of $125
Life - $750 instead of $1000

You can also do the easy pay life membership which is $25 per quarter until $750 is paid off.

If you are interested, shoot me a pm here or an email to training@proactiveshooters.com and I'll drop the app in the mail to you.

eye95

I'd consider it if the NRA hadn't been so dismissive the last time I tried to advise them that their legal guide was flat wrong when it came to Alabama law. Since I wasn't a member, the truth did not matter to them. So I'm kinda glad I'm not a member and don't intend to become one until they tone down the arrogance and anti-OC stance a couple of thousand notches.

WalkingWolf

I don't need no stinkin NRA membership. Especially since they promote privilege NOT rights. If they want this OC'ers money they need to stop the anti-OC BS.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Membership in the NRA that:

Tried to muscle into Gura's case on Heller?

Seems to have become a huge bureaucracy that thinks it knows best?

Feeds its membership a steady diet of fear-mongering?

Has members with a vested interest in CC (instructors)?

Who I had to argue with by e-mail over a misrepresentation to its VA membership about CC in a restaurant licensed to serve alcohol?

That NRA?

Thanks, no. Not until management changes a few things.

eye95

This thread is for people interested in joining. If you have some anti-NRA BS, please take it elsewhere and start your own thread. Its not welcome here.

Don't you want potential members to be fully informed before joining?

BTW, what I posted was not BS. It represents the true experience I had with them. If you consider my relating the facts as "bashing," then you must admit that the NRA did something wrong. Perhaps you could work to fix the error rather than calling the honest relation of their actions "BS."

BTW, I would not have posted again, not calling attention again to what the NRA did to me, had you not indicated my post was "not welcome."

If you want the NRA and your invitation to be seen in a positive light, may I suggest you take a positive approach to the posts you called "BS." Again, maybe you could portray the NRA as a responsible organization by working to get them to be responsive to non-members pointing our misinformation that they have posted. Or you could perpetuate the dislike many carriers have for the NRA's heavy-handed ways by being heavy-handed yourself in this thread.

Your choice.

OC for ME

The ~4 million NRA members number has not seemed to have changed much over the years. With the increasing number of reported firearms owners one would think that the NRA numbers would likewise increase at some rate that would approximate the increase in firearms ownership. Since the NRA numbers have not seemingly kept pace with firearm owner numbers there seems to be a disconnect between the NRA and the citizenry.

I wonder why that is?

davidmcbeth

Banned
This thread is for people interested in joining. If you have some anti-NRA BS, please take it elsewhere and start your own thread. Its not welcome here.

There is a rule concerning the "bashing" of pro-gun groups on the forum rules.

If the rule applies to this particular thread is unknown. If an organization is looking for $$$ then can the pros and cons of the organization be discussed here? If not, a moderator will let us know.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
There is a rule concerning the "bashing" of pro-gun groups on the forum rules.

If the rule applies to this particular thread is unknown. If an organization is looking for $$$ then can the pros and cons of the organization be discussed here? If not, a moderator will let us know.

This is a good point.

Also, as Eye95 points out, relating facts and personal experience is not generalized bashing.

And, you would think a seller would take time to promote his product. Features and benefits. If he does not care for sincere negative consumer reports, he can always counter by promoting the features and benefits rather than calling BS. For petes sake, it may even change some of the critics.

DISCOUNTED NRA MEMBERSHIPS OFFERED

Get all the benefits of membership in the NRA for even less! Want to support the oldest gun rights organization in America with a proven record of expanding awareness of our precious right to arms? Join now for only $25...

Sheeze

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

The ~4 million NRA members number has not seemed to have changed much over the years. With the increasing number of reported firearms owners one would think that the NRA numbers would likewise increase at some rate that would approximate the increase in firearms ownership. Since the NRA numbers have not seemingly kept pace with firearm owner numbers there seems to be a disconnect between the NRA and the citizenry.

I wonder why that is?

They managed to pick up Whoopi as a member... :lol:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I was an NRA member for several years. I haven't renewed since they dissed pretty much every other gun group in regards to the DISCLOSE Act. They do some solid work for gun rights but could do a lot more. You can't dispute their influence on Congress, whether you like it or not they are a big dog in the lobbying business and they probably do more good than harm. My one little gripe was the nearly weekly mailing asking for money. VCDL has never asked me for money and I feel they are far more effective.

sharkey

I grabbed some NRA bumper stickers at the AZCDL Annual Meeting and gave them to my parents. I spend my cash on organizations that I feel represent me. Sorry to rain on your parade but the NRA isn't one of them.

rodbender

If you have some anti-NRA BS,

Well, if it's true, it ain't BS and it ain't bashing. I've got my own reasons for not joining the No Rights Association. One is they helped write the GCA '68, and the Clinton ban on " assault weapons", and the NFA '34. Oh, well, that's actually 3 reasons, I guess.