• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handee Hugo's - Clayton

Jbird3006

Handee Hugo's on Amelia Church and Hwy 70 in Clayton is anti OC...

Went in there tonight (as I have done numerous times while OC), was told to leave by some newly hired "manager". He got irate with me calling me a "dumb mother f***er" and had no clue what the law actually states. Told me I needed to have papers to OC. I left the store and will not be returning.

BTW there is no posting ANYWHERE that states I am not allowed to OC in there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Went in there tonight (as I have done numerous times while OC), was told to leave by some newly hired "manager". He got irate with me calling me a "dumb mother f***er" and had no clue what the law actually states. Told me I needed to have papers to OC. I left the store and will not be returning.

Please don't just leave it at that.

Contact the owner or franchise holder and make a polite report, but do include reference to the foul laguage, but do NOT refer to any lack of signage. Let them know how long you have been a good and loyal customer, never had a hint of a problem before. Now you will not be returning under the present conditions. Try to convert them as a friend, rather than leave them on the other side.

Others will chime in, I'm sure. Some may even offer a recommended format for a letter.

Best of luck - let us know how it goes.

I'd also like to see this confirmed by someone known to us - comes under the category of trust, but confirm.

Last edited:

carolina guy

Please don't just leave it at that.

Contact the owner or franchise holder and make a polite report, but do include reference to the foul laguage, but do NOT refer to any lack of signage. Let them know how long you have been a good and loyal customer, never had a hint of a problem before. Now you will not be returning under the present conditions. Try to convert them as a friend, rather than leave them on the other side.

Others will chime in, I'm sure. Some may even offer a recommended format for a letter.

Best of luck - let us know how it goes.

I'd also like to see this confirmed by someone known to us - comes under the category of trust, but confirm.

+1

please do not mention signage!

Here is the the flyer that covers OC in North Carolina.

Last edited:

lannie

If this is the store across from McDonalds and next to Hudsons, I have carried there often,nary a bad word from anyone.
I will stop by today and meet this new manager. It took me months to persuade the Compare grocery store to remove their
NO GUNS ALLOWED sign. Polite and educational information will usually work for you.
Lannie

fjpro2a

Polite and educational

If this is the store across from McDonalds and next to Hudsons, I have carried there often,nary a bad word from anyone.
I will stop by today and meet this new manager. It took me months to persuade the Compare grocery store to remove their
NO GUNS ALLOWED sign. Polite and educational information will usually work for you.
Lannie

Lannie is correct. Polite and educational will work far more often than being confrontational. I have suggested this on many occasions, but usually get bad-mouthed by others on this site. Although I really respect and many times look up to those more experienced who bad mouth me, let's know when to hold em' and when to fold em'.

Aceman7496

Lannie

Mind if I ask how you managed to convince the store to remove the sign? What type of things did you say?

Jbird3006

Lannie

Thanks for the reply - yes, it is the store across from McDonalds and beside Hudson's. I believe he is night time worker (he stated he was the manager and he made the rules for the store) because that is the only time I have seen him. I appreciate your help in educating the public. It's frustrating because I shopped there all the time being that it was walking distance daily and everyone else I have had contact with there is a pleasure to deal with. I don't know what his problem was but there was no need in the way he dealt with the situation. I can't even tell you the number of times I have OC in there with no issues what so ever. Please let me know what you find out.

And to everyone else, thanks for the advice. I was just simply stating on here about the sign so everyone wouldn't have anything to say about there being a posting. Just clarifying. Thanks y'all!

davidmcbeth

Banned
And what type of services does "Handee Hugo" perform ... are tissues involved anywhere in the process? I thought so ...

If they guy asked you to leave then leave .. if he is just ranting w/o asking you to leave then don't ... let him rant and rave ..

Jbird3006

And what type of services does "Handee Hugo" perform ... are tissues involved anywhere in the process? I thought so ...

If they guy asked you to leave then leave .. if he is just ranting w/o asking you to leave then don't ... let him rant and rave ..

I was simply stating the experience I had at the store so others who OC would know what they might get if they visit the store. I want us that OC to be able to keep our rights by the public being educated in the actual laws of OC...

lannie

Mind if I ask how you managed to convince the store to remove the sign? What type of things did you say?

I stopped by several times to dicuss it with the manager. I emailed him and reminded him that people in
Johnston County, his customers believe in the 2nd amendment. I printed out the NCDOJ laws on OC and CC.
I also reminded him that the county has thousands of NRA members and he should not alienate so many of them.
Be friendly and polite. :D
Lannie ....Co-Chairman for the Johnston County The Friends of the NRA.

Tigerseiken

The correct way.

I stopped by several times to dicuss it with the manager. I emailed him and reminded him that people in
Johnston County, his customers believe in the 2nd amendment. I printed out the NCDOJ laws on OC and CC.
I also reminded him that the county has thousands of NRA members and he should not alienate so many of them.
Be friendly and polite. :D
Lannie ....Co-Chairman for the Johnston County The Friends of the NRA.

Good job with the education and approach.