• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was disrespectful and evasive @ Seatac airport.

Oathkeeper Cooter

Cop: "Do you know why we're talking to you?"

You: "Well, I assume you want to sell me tickets to the policeman's ball..."

Cop: "Funny. Policemen don't have......have a nice day, sir."

Tacitus42

"See something, say something" as dumb as it sounds, saves lives. Imagine if the people at the BosMar were paying attention to the bombers... drop a bag in front of me you better run because I'm throwing it back at you.

Individually Responsible.
Sent from the back of a black van

Cite? Sounds dumb because it is dumb.

Last edited:

Maverick9

He's talking about a passenger leaving an untended bag at the Airport. They have frequent public service announcements overhead at the airport(s) and one of them is 'report an untended bag'. I was seconds away from doing so when the person returned. What prevented me from doing it immediately was that there was a lot of people between me and the closest agent (they were boarding) and I doubt I could have gotten through and/or gotten a free agent to take a look.

Next time, I'll do it immediately.

davidmcbeth

Banned
He's talking about a passenger leaving an untended bag at the Airport. They have frequent public service announcements overhead at the airport(s) and one of them is 'report an untended bag'. I was seconds away from doing so when the person returned. What prevented me from doing it immediately was that there was a lot of people between me and the closest agent (they were boarding) and I doubt I could have gotten through and/or gotten a free agent to take a look.

Next time, I'll do it immediately.

You do know that if you do call in an unattended bag that the airport then basically closes. No flights take off etc....for about, minimum of 4-6 hrs.

And if its at the area past the checkpoints, what's the problem with unattended bags anyway? They already have been screened....our DHS/TSA put their "its safe to travel" stamp of approval on it.

Use common sense - do not report bags of folks who are likely 10' away from the bag or zipped into the bathroom. Especially past the security check points.

After the security check point I would not care in any case and before the check point I would not have issues unless I saw someone purposefully leaving it behind. And even then, I want no contact with police ...

DrakeZ07

Cop: do u know why we are here talking to you?

Citizen: I assume you are lost and looking for directions to the homosexual conference in town.

Despite how much I know you like to troll, and fire off stupid remarks; It is below even you to group 'homosexuals' in with cops, or insinuating both groups would want to associate with one another.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Cop: do u know why we are here talking to you?

Citizen: I assume you are lost and looking for directions to the homosexual conference in town.

Hey! I did not say that!! :p

But, I wish I had! :D

NOTE: I'm just daydreaming. Don't take that seriously. Saying something like that could get you cuffed and tasered, perhaps in that order. Always be polite to cops.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Despite how much I know you like to troll, and fire off stupid remarks; It is below even you to group 'homosexuals' in with cops, or insinuating both groups would want to associate with one another.

Which is why it is practically guaranteed to seriously annoy a couple of badged dudes who hang their identity and self-importance on machismo.

Maverick9

You do know that if you do call in an unattended bag that the airport then basically closes. No flights take off etc....for about, minimum of 4-6 hrs.

And if its at the area past the checkpoints, what's the problem with unattended bags anyway? They already have been screened....our DHS/TSA put their "its safe to travel" stamp of approval on it.
Sarcasm??

Use common sense - do not report bags of folks who are likely 10' away from the bag or zipped into the bathroom. Especially past the security check points.

By 'folks' if you mean WASPs who look like harmless grandmothers, sure, NP.

After the security check point I would not care in any case and before the check point I would not have issues unless I saw someone purposefully leaving it behind. And even then, I want no contact with police ...

How do you define 'purposefully'?
----
Well, I looked online and it appears that in a majority of cases this is what happens:

1. Security is summoned. They stand next to the bag and in a loud voice say 'Is this anyone's bag', several times.
2. Security, getting no answer, takes the bag and rolls it away to some undisclosed area.
3. This is usually the case when the bag has been security screened. I don't know what happens in the 'unsecured area', but I see bags and stuff there too, but, oddly, it doesn't seem to be a concern.

What the official policy is, IDK, I couldn't find one on 'what they should do'.

In this case the person was a foreigner, was non-Caucasian, was speaking in a foreign language on his cell phone and looking around furtively. I don't know why no one else was not alarmed but I sure was. They had just played the 'report unattended bags' announcement. What's an infrequent flier to do? :)

Last edited:

JustaShooter

In this case the person was a foreigner, was non-Caucasian, was speaking in a foreign language on his cell phone and looking around furtively. I don't know why no one else was not alarmed but I sure was. They had just played the 'report unattended bags' announcement. What's an infrequent flier to do? :)

When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout! :banana:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

That's just inane....

I have reported unattended bags near the gate area a couple of times and nothing of the sort you described happened. The airport police in each case took control of the bag and removed it from the area. No panic, no lockdown, no flight stoppages...

That must be some neat kind of bizarro world where you live...

SPOProds

What is there to cite? That SSSS saves lives? I'm sure you've read stories. Actually the attempted Time Square bombing was possibly prevented due to SSSS. Someone saw something(smoke coming from a vehicle) and said something. Now there's another terrorist fracker(Faisal Shahzad) off the street. I'm sure you can remember that instance and it doesn't need a cite but just in case

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Times_Square_car_bombing_attempt

Or more recently.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/okla-teen-found-guilty-in-school-shooting-plot

sudden valley gunner

What is there to cite? That SSSS saves lives? I'm sure you've read stories. Actually the attempted Time Square bombing was possibly prevented due to SSSS. Someone saw something(smoke coming from a vehicle) and said something. Now there's another terrorist fracker(Faisal Shahzad) off the street. I'm sure you can remember that instance and it doesn't need a cite but just in case

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Times_Square_car_bombing_attempt

Or more recently.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/okla-teen-found-guilty-in-school-shooting-plot

You mean those bombing where the government agents find discontented young men and talk them into attempting to bomb, and then "look everybody we saved you".

SPOProds

You mean those bombing where the government agents find discontented young men and talk them into attempting to bomb, and then "look everybody we saved you".

Too bad neither case I cited dealt with govt until calls were placed

jsanchez

Same thing happened to me. I have this piece of

paper that has my ID my concealed carry permit and all my gun information with pictures of the individual guns in their serial numbers . I gave the cops this piece of paper and point out which guns I had on me on the piece of paper ,they did their check ,they gave me back my piece of paper and thank you very much for cooperating and they were very impressed that I was so well prepared and handled the situation in a civil manner .