• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Polling Place Posted????

ThunderRanch

I went to the polls at 6 this morning and there was a sign posted at the door (Sorry I didn't get a picture of it, but I left the cell phone in the car) that said "Open Display of Firearms Prohibited at Polling Place Except Law Enforcement".

The thing that made me really raise an eyebrow..........

My polling place is Swift Creek Elementary School, so it's already a designated "Victim Disarmament Zone". Why would they feel the need to post this sign?

No one questioned my empty holster or the two spare magazines I was carrying though.

Did anyone else see a similar sign?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I went to the polls at 6 this morning and there was a sign posted at the door (Sorry I didn't get a picture of it, but I left the cell phone in the car) that said "Open Display of Firearms Prohibited at Polling Place Except Law Enforcement".

The thing that made me really raise an eyebrow..........

My polling place is Swift Creek Elementary School, so it's already a designated "Victim Disarmament Zone". Why would they feel the need to post this sign?

No one questioned my empty holster or the two spare magazines I was carrying though.

Did anyone else see a similar sign?

Because they're idiots.
That's what the BOE kept bringing up last year when I was pressing them for their policy.
Cuccinelli's opinion pretty well settled the issue on other polling places though.

va_tazdad

Especially

Because they're idiots.
That's what the BOE kept bringing up last year when I was pressing them for their policy.
Cuccinelli's opinion pretty well settled the issue on other polling places though.

the Chesterfield registrar, Larry the Lounge Lizzard. He claims to have had a complaint from a woman that saw a man with a gun and was scared. His solution was to suggest that OC be banned in all polling places. The BOE adopted his idiotic idea rather than explain it was legal.

So much for intelligent employees in government, especially Chesterfield County.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Nap knows. He is just baiting the fool. Has anyone ever seen any other type of post from our good friend David?

Anyone.....Hello..........

No, I'm too tired to bait him tonight. Actually, I'm sick of his butting in with a quarter fact and presenting it as the gospel.

We have members from other states that actually contribute to the board. Then some outta staters just cruise through to toss trash out of the window.

davidmcbeth

Banned
No, I'm too tired to bait him tonight. Actually, I'm sick of his butting in with a quarter fact and presenting it as the gospel.

We have members from other states that actually contribute to the board. Then some outta staters just cruise through to toss trash out of the window.

You may ask the mods to lock states if you want...otherwise you have no reason to complain.

You clearly support anti viewpoints.

va_tazdad

From what I have read,

99.9999999999% of his posts are garbage. The rest are just luck. Zero intelligent thought behind any of them.

davidmcbeth

Banned
99.9999999999% of his posts are garbage. The rest are just luck. Zero intelligent thought behind any of them.

Well, we know who YOU voted for .... another anti

From the Sarvis web site:

Gun Rights

I support gun rights and the Second Amendment.

Proponents of restricting our freedoms bear a heavy burden of showing the necessity, propriety, and wisdom of their proposed regulations. Yet gun-control measures have repeatedly failed to reduce violent crime or criminals' access to guns. Instead, they simply burden law-abiding gun-owners and prospective gun-owners.

Gun violence and violent crimes have declined dramatically over the last two decades. If we want to reduce gun violence and violent crime further, the first place to look is at our drug laws. Just as the Prohibition Era was time of organized crime and gun violence, so today has our War on Drugs produced well-financed, well-armed, violent gangs and organized criminal enterprises. Before we even think about burdening our law-abiding gun-owners with ineffective regulations and intrusions, we should reform our drug laws to put an end to this self-inflicted madness.

I object to gun-control advocates who rhetorically and falsely equate "gun culture" with a "culture of violence." This is extremely misleading.

I also object to the Republican Party's attempts to get the information of all concealed-carry permit holders in Virginia. Republicans claim to be in favor of freedom, gun rights, and privacy, but this once again shows that the Republican Party's self-interest comes before the rights of the people.

In contrast, I support Constitutional Carry, which several states already recognize without harm to the safety of their citizens.

And who did not vote for this guy? As far as gun rights are concerned - he was your man

should have asked the the GOP candidate to bow out ...

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Sadly, you have no wisdom

Gun Rights

Proponents of restricting our freedoms bear a heavy burden of showing the necessity, propriety, and wisdom of their proposed regulations. Yet gun-control measures have repeatedly failed to reduce violent crime or criminals' access to guns. Instead, they simply burden law-abiding gun-owners and prospective gun-owners.

Gun violence and violent crimes have declined dramatically over the last two decades. If we want to reduce gun violence and violent crime further, the first place to look is at our drug laws. Just as the Prohibition Era was time of organized crime and gun violence, so today has our War on Drugs produced well-financed, well-armed, violent gangs and organized criminal enterprises. Before we even think about burdening our law-abiding gun-owners with ineffective regulations and intrusions, we should reform our drug laws to put an end to this self-inflicted madness.

I object to gun-control advocates who rhetorically and falsely equate "gun culture" with a "culture of violence." This is extremely misleading.

I also object to the Republican Party's attempts to get the information of all concealed-carry permit holders in Virginia. Republicans claim to be in favor of freedom, gun rights, and privacy, but this once again shows that the Republican Party's self-interest comes before the rights of the people.

In contrast, I support Constitutional Carry, which several states already recognize without harm to the safety of their citizens.

And who did not vote for this guy? As far as gun rights are concerned - he was your man

Tis better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to open it and prove it to them as you just did. Congratulations.

Thundar

Gun Rights

David,

I supported Sarvis. He lost.
Many others here supported the Cooch. He lost.
This thread is not about the people running, it is about the right to bear arms while participating in the election process. Taunting those that are upset by the election results will not help our community to grow in Virginia.

More generally: Others are openly pejorative in their comments toward and about you because you often lack a clearly reasoned position, and your advice, if taken by a newbie could be disastrous for the newbie. Dissing you is their way of protecting newbies.

Last edited:

Marco

Because they're idiots.

That pretty much sums it up.
My polling location wasn't posted and no one seemed to care that I was OC'ing. I toured all the non school polling locations and none were posted in my county.

I was surprised at how low the turnout appeared to be...no lines and parking lots empty says lots of folks stayed home...

Last edited: