• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Felon offers me gun sale

wimwag

Today while setting up for our moving sale, a mutual acquaintance of a former coworker approached me and offered to sell me a break action 12 gauge shotgun. I always hated that ****** and thought he was shady (and I like knowing who I'm dealing with) so just a bit ago I searched him on the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access website and found two felonies, one B&E and one manufacture of a controlled substance. Might have literally dodged a bullet there.

When he and I worked together, I remember him posting flyers in the breakroom advertising guns for sale and his two convictions predate those flyers by almost 6 years, so I'd say he's overdue. I emailed the Sheriff of the county he lives in and hope they nail his sorry ass. I bet the legitimate owner would love to have his gun back.

If any of you happen to get a stolen firearm back, you're welcome. ;-)

Franky

Today while setting up for our moving sale, a mutual acquaintance of a former coworker approached me and offered to sell me a break action 12 gauge shotgun. I always hated that ****** and thought he was shady (and I like knowing who I'm dealing with) so just a bit ago I searched him on the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access website and found two felonies, one B&E and one manufacture of a controlled substance. Might have literally dodged a bullet there.

When he and I worked together, I remember him posting flyers in the breakroom advertising guns for sale and his two convictions predate those flyers by almost 6 years, so I'd say he's overdue. I emailed the Sheriff of the county he lives in and hope they nail his sorry ass. I bet the legitimate owner would love to have his gun back.

If all you say is true, why not tell us the felon's name?

chowda

i know my post doesn't have anything to do with oc of pistols only, so it will probably get deleted, but with that being said, before deletion....

good job on the look-up as those flags point to a druggie, so i try and steer clear of those people.
if someone has a felony, it doesn't mean the person is bad, nor even not trustworthy as the legal system pretty much has morphed into 8 ways of silly.
do you know if, say you mess w/someone's facebook page while they'e away from their computer, that's a felony?
if you ever get a cash tip and don't report it to the irs, that's a felony?
writing "i'm a d******d on your neighbors mailbox is a felony?
opening up someone elses mail is a ten year felony.
copyright infringement is a felony, so make sure you don't download any songs of youtube.
etc.

if everything were a felony, we'd finally be serious about crime.

WalkingWolf

What are felons supposed to do with their guns once convicted?

I know many people formerly convicted of felonies, and most are good people who outgrew those times. The others that do not outgrow it go back to prison, usually. As long as the gun is not stolen I see no reason at all to not buy a gun from a person convicted of felony. I would just run the serial number on the gun first. If the felon objects, then it is a good bet it is a stolen gun. Important to keep in mind that NON CONVICTED criminals could sell you a stolen gun. The only difference between a non convicted criminal and a convicted criminal is one got caught being a criminal.

wimwag

What are felons supposed to do with their guns once convicted?

I know many people formerly convicted of felonies, and most are good people who outgrew those times. The others that do not outgrow it go back to prison, usually. As long as the gun is not stolen I see no reason at all to not buy a gun from a person convicted of felony. I would just run the serial number on the gun first. If the felon objects, then it is a good bet it is a stolen gun. Important to keep in mind that NON CONVICTED criminals could sell you a stolen gun. The only difference between a non convicted criminal and a convicted criminal is one got caught being a criminal.

well if it were me...i would sell them to a dealer for whatever he would give me before the police decide that I haven't done it fast enough.

Like I said, the former coworker was a huge ****** and that's why I looked him up. I don't want to be party to receiving stolen property. I made the decision to behave after I met mg oldest daughter for the third time in a year.

JoeSparky

Centurion

And you know that any of these firearms are stolen? HOW?

hhofent

Exactly. Glad your not a cop based on how you make assumptions.
Lol, your just as bad as the rest of the sheeple. Guy convicted (?) of two charges unrelated to theft or firearms, so you naturally assume he steals guns.

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

hhofent

Don't miss his blog http://www.likeomggunsareforlosers.blogspot.com/ where he calls himself "The Constitutionalist."

I'm not sure I get your point. Elaborate, please.
The quoted text I actually agree with. Misuse of emergency services to call attention to LAC is wrong, and these people should be held accountable. Not by him, of course, as that would make him judge and jury. But I don't see that he followed through on that.
Breaking the law by misusing 911 is different than assuming a felon is guilty of an unrelated felony.

wimwag

Probability. This dumbass is a convicted felon and cannot buy them legally therefore he has gotten his firearms by illegal means.

Why do you defend felons?

wimwag

Exactly. Glad your not a cop based on how you make assumptions.
Lol, your just as bad as the rest of the sheeple. Guy convicted (?) of two charges unrelated to theft or firearms, so you naturally assume he steals guns.

There ain't room enough for me and primus in the precinct. Our egos would clash.

Dave_pro2a

I always hated that ******

I emailed the Sheriff of the county he lives in and hope they nail his sorry ass.

Which makes you worse than him.

Wait a second, you had first hand knowledge the guns were stolen? Well that changes everything. Oh, you didn't! Yeah, you are WAY worse.

hhofent

Thanks for the plug Doug. Apparently anyone who Douglass disagrees with is to be mocked since he cannot handle adult conversation.

How's your estranged wife you've been violating restraining orders to harass?

*snort*
OPs credibility =0
And OP is an obvious supporter of GCA 68.

wimwag

Doug Hoffman: for the record, my blog is called "The Constitutionalist.". My name is still Nathan Pieters. I publish under my real name unlike you and your sock puppets, who you use to have conversations with yourself. Why? Because I have absolutely nothing to hide.

wimwag

*snort*
OPs credibility =0
And OP is an obvious supporter of GCA 68.

Why? Because I report suspicious activity involving convicted felons and their possession of firearms to authorities?

Are you a convicted felon? I cannot see any other reason for you to reference the act which criminalizes the possession of firearms by felons.

hhofent

Why? Because I report suspicious activity involving convicted felons and their possession of firearms to authorities?

Are you a convicted felon? I cannot see any other reason for you to reference the act which criminalizes the possession of firearms by felons.

Guilty by association?
Felons can't defend themselves?
Or is there a code of criminals, where felons never get harassed, threatened, or assaulted.

I believe in personal liberty, but hitting a mailbox with a baseball bat shouldn't deprive someone of unalienable rights.

And no, I'm not a felon.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Probability. This dumbass is a convicted felon and cannot buy them legally therefore he has gotten his firearms by illegal means.

Why do you defend felons?

Well if 'probability' is all we need, there may be a high 'probability' that you are a jackhole.

:p

So you must believe the GCA of 1968 is Constitutional, aka, 'legitimate' gun control.

Likewise Leutenberg.

But yeah, you're a 'Constitutionalists." Which Constitution idk, but some one, somewhere.

Last edited: