• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri Open Carry - City Chart-

swc64844

webb city cief of police

There is no law except for state law or individual business restrictions regarding carrying of a weapon non-concealed.

Carl Francis
Webb City Police Department

On Sep 14, 2010, at 1:38 PM, "steve clark" <CDOGS@cdogs.us> wrote:

--- On Sat, 9/11/10, steve clark <swc64844@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Open carry
To: cfrancis@webbcitypd.org, "steve clark" <CDOGS@cdogs.us>
Date: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 4:58 AM

Can you help me i am trying to find out if it legal to open carry in Webb city. I live in granby and work in Neosho we it is legal. My daughter works there, i also have a ccw permit. But i like OC allot better and have been doing it for years with no problems. Or would i just go to city hall would they have a copy of the ordnance

Well it is from the chief

dudemanbrodog

If anyone is interested I would be happy to host an updated copy of the list / map. I would need the help of you guys to make sure things are up to date. Perhaps we could redo the map using Google's maps so it can be zoomed better and things. I have the hosting. Let me know.

swc64844

Updates and also monett.

Yeah wish somebody would update the list i would if i could. In a later post i found out from Webb city that it is okay to OC. Well sense then i have been trying to get hold of monett and i did get an email back finally but no i seem to be more confused than ever. Reading the e,ail it looks almost like it's legal to carry open OR concealed with a loaded firearm. But concealed is concealed but if your caught. I guess it's time to go for a drive.

It is not lawful to openly carry a loaded firearm in the city of Monett .

SECTION 215.170: UNLAWFUL USE OF WEAPONS─EXCEPTIONS─PENALTIES

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use.

2. Discharges or shoots a firearm.

3. Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner.

4. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated.

5. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use.

Chief Tim Schweder

Monett Police Department

1901 East Cleveland Avenue

Monett, MO 65708

417-235-4241 FAX 417-235-4235

swc64844

Okay i just posted the whole section

ARTICLE III. OFFENSES CONCERNING WEAPONS

SECTION 215.160: TOY PISTOLS, AIR GUNS, ETC.,─UNAUTHORIZED DISCHARGE

Any person, not an officer, who shall, within the limits of the City, shoot off or discharge any target
rifle, toy pistol, air gun or revolver shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor; provided, that this
Section shall not apply to any person having a license from the City to run or operate a shooting
gallery in the City; provided further, that such gallery is built and operated in conformity to the
provisions of this Code and other ordinances of the City governing the same.
(CC 1979 §20-71; Ord. No. 773 §80, 12-2-24)

SECTION 215.170: UNLAWFUL USE OF WEAPONS─EXCEPTIONS─PENALTIES

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:
A.1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other
weapon readily capable of lethal use.
A.2. Discharges or shoots a firearm.
A.3. Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in
an angry or threatening manner.
A.4. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated.
A.5. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use.
B. Subdivisions (1), (2), (3), and (5) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to or affect any of
the following:

§ 215.170 Monett City Code

§ 215.180

B.1. All State, County and Municipal Law Enforcement Officers possessing the duty and power of
arrest for violation of the general criminal laws of the State or for violation of ordinances of
counties or municipalities of the State, or any person summoned by such officers to assist in
making arrests or preserving the peace while actually engaged in assisting such officer;
B.2. Wardens, superintendents and keepers of prisons, penitentiaries, jails and other institutions for
the detention of persons accused or convicted of crime;
B.3. Members of the armed forces or national guard while performing their official duty;
B.4. Those persons vested by Article V, Section 1 of the Constitution of Missouri with the judicial
power of the State and those persons vested by Article III of the Constitution of the United
States with the judicial power of the United States, the members of the Federal judiciary;
B.5. Any person whose bona fide duty is to execute process, civil or criminal;
B.6. Any Federal probation officer; and
C. Subdivisions (1), (4) and (5) of Subsection (A) of this Section do not apply when the actor is
transporting such weapons in a non-functioning state or in an unloaded state when ammunition is
not readily accessible or when such weapons are not readily accessible. Subdivision (1) of
Subsection (A) of this Section does not apply when the actor is also in possession of an exposed
firearm or projectile weapon for the lawful pursuit of game, or is in his/her dwelling unit or upon
business premises over which the actor has possession, authority or control, or is traveling in a
continuous journey peaceably through this State.

SECTION 215.180: SHOTGUNS─PERMIT FOR CERTAIN EVENTS INVOLVING USE

A. Criteria For Issuance. Upon and pursuant to the issuance of a permit as authorized in this Section,
which permit has not been revoked, it shall be lawful to conduct and participate in an organized
event involving the use and discharge of shotguns, such as a trap or skeet shot or turkey shoot, and
to discharge a shotgun in such event, when the same is conducted by a non-profit organization of the
City, under the following conditions:
A.1. The event shall involve only the use of shotguns of standard gauge, not larger than ten (10)
gauge, and the use of ammunition of standard loading.
A.2. The event will be held during hours which will not be disturbing to the persons residing or
working in the neighborhood in which such event is held and shall not be held earlier than 8:00
A.M. nor later than 10:00 P.M.
A.3. The event shall be held under the supervision of one (1) or more responsible adult residents of
the City.
A.4. The event shall be held at a place and at a time when the same cannot endanger the person or
property of persons in the vicinity.
A.5. The event shall be conducted in accordance with recognized safety standards, including those
prescribed by the National Association of Trap and Skeet Shoots.

§ 215.180 Offenses

§ 215.185

A.6. The organization conducting the event shall obtain and keep in force public liability insurance
insuring such organization and the persons conducting the event against liability to any person
or injury to person or property, with limits of not less than twenty-five thousand dollars
($25,000.00) per person and fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) per event.
B. Application─Duration. Any organization desiring to conduct such an event shall make written
application to the chief of police for a permit to conduct the same. Such application shall set forth
information showing that such organization and the conduct of such event shall meet the
requirements set forth in Subsection (A) of this Section and shall be accompanied by a policy or
certificate of insurance showing that the insurance required therein has been obtained. The permit
shall be issued only for the event described in the application and an event conducted in the manner
set forth in the application and shall not extend more than fifty-two (52) weeks.
C. Issuance. If the Chief of Police finds that the applying organization and event meets the
requirements set forth in Subsection (A) of this Section, he/she shall issue a permit for the same.
D. Revocation. The permit may be revoked by the Chief of Police at any time he/she determines that
the event does not meet the requirements of this Section. (CC 1979 §16-2; Ord. No. A-3075 §§1─3,
8-25-71)

SECTION 215.185: CONCEALED FIREARMS PROHIBITED─CITY BUILDINGS AND
OTHER POSTED LOCATIONS

A. As used in this Section, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated herein:
ANTIQUE, CURIO OR RELIC FIREARM: Any firearm so defined by the National Gun Control
Act, 18 U.S.C. Title 26, Section 5845 and the United States Treasury/Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco
and Firearms, 27 CFR Section 178.11 and Section 571.010, RSMo.
A.1. ANTIQUE FIREARM: Any firearm not designed or redesigned for using rim fire or
conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898,
said ammunition not being manufactured any longer; this includes any matchlock, wheel lock,
flintlock, percussion cap or similar type ignition system or replica thereof.
A.2. CURIO OR RELIC FIREARM: Any firearm delivering value as a collectible weapon due to its
unique design, ignition system, operation or at least fifty (50) years old, associated with a
historical event, renown personage or major war.
CONCEALABLE FIREARM: Any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen (16) inches in length
measured from the face of the bolt or standing breech.
FIREARM: Any weapon that is designed or adapted to expel a projectile by the action of an
explosive.
B. No person who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement by the State Director of Revenue
under Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or who has been issued a valid permit or endorsement to
carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State shall, by
authority of that endorsement or permit, be allowed to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm in
any portion of a building owned, leased or controlled by the City or onto or into any property posted
as being off-limits to concealed or unconcealed firearms as defined in Subsection (D) below. For
purposes of this Section, the term "building" shall include any facility owned, operated, leased

§ 215.185 Monett City Code

§ 215.185

or controlled by the City including any facility where access is controlled with a fence or gate and a
partially or fully enclosed structure exists thereon.
C. No person who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement by the State Director of Revenue
under Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or who has been issued a valid permit or endorsement to
carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State shall, by
authority of that endorsement or permit, be allowed to carry a concealed or an unconcealed firearm
onto any private property whose owner has posted a sign as described in Subsection (D) below in a
conspicuous place.
D. The sign(s) required pursuant to Subsections (B) and (C) above shall be placed on the premises in a
conspicuous place with a minimum size of eleven (11) inches by fourteen (14) inches with the
writing thereon in letters of not less than one (1) inch stating that the carrying of firearms is
prohibited on the premises. If the property posted is open to the public, signs shall be posted at each
public entrance.
E. No City employee except Police Officers and other such persons as may be authorized by the City
Council shall carry any firearm on any City property or in any City vehicle.
F. This Section shall not apply to buildings used for public housing by private persons, highways or
rest areas, firing ranges or private dwellings owned, leased or controlled by the City.
G. No person who has been issued a certificate of qualification which allows the person to carry a
concealed firearm before the Director of Revenue begins issuing concealed carry endorsements in
July, 2004, shall, by authority of that certificate, be allowed to carry a concealed firearm or to
openly carry a firearm in any building or portion of a building owned, leased or controlled by the
City or upon any other properly posted property as described in Subsection (C) above.
H. Nothing in this Section shall make it unlawful for a student to actually participate in schoolsanctioned
gun safety courses, student military or ROTC courses or other school-sponsored firearmrelated
events, provided the student does not carry a firearm or other weapon readily capable of
lethal use into any school, onto any school bus or onto the premises of any other function or activity
sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.
I. It shall be a violation of this Section, punishable as hereinafter provided, for any person to carry any
concealed firearm into:
I.1. Any Police, Sheriff or Highway Patrol office or station without the consent of the Chief Law
Enforcement Officer in charge of that office or station. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on
the premises of the office or station shall not be a violation so long as the firearm is not
removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;
I.2. Within twenty-five (25) feet of any polling place on any election day. Possession of a firearm
in a vehicle on the premises of the polling place shall not be a violation so long as the firearm is
not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;
I.3. The facility of any adult or juvenile detention or correctional institution, prison or jail.
Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any adult, juvenile detention or
correctional institution, prison or jail shall not be a violation so long as the firearm is not
removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;

§ 215.185 Offenses

§ 215.200

I.4. Any courthouse, courtrooms, administrative offices, libraries or other rooms of any court
whether or not such court solely occupies the building in question;
I.5. Any hospital accessible by the public. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of a
hospital shall not be a violation so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or
brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;
I.6. Any higher education institution or elementary or secondary school facility without the consent
of the governing body of the higher education institution or a school official or the district
school board. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any higher education
institution or elementary or secondary school facility shall not be a violation so long as the
firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;
I.7. Any portion of a building used as a child care facility without the consent of the manager.
Nothing in this Subdivision shall prevent the operation of a child care facility in a family home
from owning or possessing a firearm or a driver's license or non-driver's license containing a
concealed carry endorsement;
I.8. Any church or other place of religious worship without the consent of the minister or person or
persons representing the religious organization that exercises control over the place of religious
worship. Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises shall not be a violation so long as
the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises.
J. Any person carrying such a concealed firearm who, after request, refuses to leave any properly
posted premises and a Peace Officer has been summoned shall be punished upon conviction or plea
of guilt thereof, but in no case shall the fine exceed one hundred dollars ($100.00) for the first (1st)
offense, two hundred dollars ($200.00) for the second (2nd) offense if within six (6) months of the
first (1st) citation and five hundred dollars ($500.00) for the third (3rd) offense if within one (1)
year of the first (1st) citation. (Ord. No. 7482 §1, 11-1-04)
Cross Reference─As to weapons generally, see §§215.170 and 215.180 of this chapter.

Okay see if i'm reading this right it's saying you CAN"T carry concealed or open with a loaded firearm and you cant carry AT ALL in on GOV buildings. Okay last one is a gimme we all know that one. Okay somebody god with the legal jargon chime in. I live in granby and my wife and i shop sometimes in monett.

xdman

looking for people in joplin

ive been looking for people in joplin who oc and want to start a group here or join with springfeild

Boba Fett

Fair Grove

Fair Grove MO only allows OC if you have a CCW.

Section 210.250

A. A person commits unlawful use of a weapon when he/she

6) "Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use"

D. 6) doesn't apply if you have a CCW

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
could not get the links to work.

Note the age of some of the post you may have been trying to use, they are old and the links can change in an instant if the laws changed, the link may be worthless.

http://www.municode.com
http://www.sullivanpublications.com

Those two will cover a LOT of the Missouri questions you will have, if they are not there then often they are on the city's own webspace, in fact many who use municode or sullivan indeed include links on the city's own webspace.

First rule of OC, your freedom is at risk as the possibility of police interaction is going to be there and firearms offenses are not good to have at all.
Second rule, after you understand the first, you need to rely only on yourself or the advice of a lawyer as to the legality of any place, no list or friendly well intended advice is going to serve you if you catch a charge.
Third rule, never talk to police, they only seek to charge you.

Now on that third rule a great amount of debate exist, however you will find that pretty much any lawyer you contact and ask is going to give you that same advice.

Never forget, the sidewalk is not court, and you can beat the wrap but you can not beat the ride. Recommend all interactions be off the chain polite and resistance be in the form of verbal only, IE "I do not consent to any searches or seizures, please do not touch me or my property, am I free to go" Never turn to move your gun away from an officer reaching to get it, NEVER touch an officer, and by all means, be a victim not a criminal.

Made it sound worse than it is? Not sure, book is still out, but a lot of law enforcement at the municipality levels seem wanting at best and training for them is near non-existent in too many areas.