• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma News 9 cites to OpenCarry.org re open carry rights restoration

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.news9.com/story/15510740/oklahoma-lawmakers-move-toward-open-carry-of-guns

SNIP

. . .

In a statement to News 9, the governor's office said in part, "Governor Fallin is generally supportive of the concept of open carry."

"When it comes to politicians and the politics of guns in general, I'll never say anything is a sure deal until they sign it," said Miles Hall, owner of H&H Gun Range.

Hall was part of Tuesday's study with lawmakers. He said he prefers concealed carry over open carry, but does not object to the proposal. Those against the idea argue that allowing more gun rights will increase crime, but Isenberg said he doesn't see it that way.

"I think it would stop a whole lot more problems than it would create," Isenberg said.

State Rep. Mark McCullough requested the open-carry study. He was unavailable for comment Tuesday. There is no word on if or when a new bill will be called for votes.

According to OpenCarry.org, Oklahoma is one of seven states where open carry laws are completely restricted or banned.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
..snipped..

Those against the idea argue that allowing more gun rights will increase crime, ............

According to OpenCarry.org, Oklahoma is one of seven states where open carry laws are completely restricted or banned.

The first is the same worn out, tired argument, that has been debunked countless times.

As to the 2nd - Oklahoma is one of ONLY seven states where open carry laws are completely restricted or banned.

hermannr

I would like to see them reference one insidence of a crime that was committed by a violent felon that used an OC weapon.

I know there are some dumb felons out there, but it seems to me there arn't any that are stupid enough to OC a firearm.

For Pete's Sake!

http://www.news9.com/story/15510740/oklahoma-lawmakers-move-toward-open-carry-of-guns

SNIP

. . .

In a statement to News 9, the governor's office said in part, "Governor Fallin is generally supportive of the concept of open carry."

"When it comes to politicians and the politics of guns in general, I'll never say anything is a sure deal until they sign it," said Miles Hall, owner of H&H Gun Range.

Hall was part of Tuesday's study with lawmakers. He said he prefers concealed carry over open carry, but does not object to the proposal. Those against the idea argue that allowing more gun rights will increase crime, but Isenberg said he doesn't see it that way.

"I think it would stop a whole lot more problems than it would create," Isenberg said.

State Rep. Mark McCullough requested the open-carry study. He was unavailable for comment Tuesday. There is no word on if or when a new bill will be called for votes.

Is the study finished? If so does anyone know how to get a copy of it?