• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Show Me's

StevenSTL

I'm thinking about OCing at the Show Me's on Zumbehl tonight. Is there anything I should be worried about? It's in St. Charles City, so it's legal. I've taken my ccw class, just haven't gotten the license yet.

Big Boy

Um not too much.

If they ask you to leave, leave. No Arguing, the most you should do is ask for a manager to confirm policy.

If accosted by cops, participate if you don't feel well versed in the laws.

StevenSTL

I ended up leaving before I got a response, so I declined to OC. However, I did OC at the Wal-Mart on Zumbehl in St. Charles. I carried a G23 in my Serpa holster. I honestly don't think the sheeple even noticed.

Big Boy

That's the first thing you'll notice. Most other people don't notice. No awareness.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
Its alot like sex, the first time its a rush and your unsure, and nervous, then the next time its actually fun but after years its routine and you can do it in your sleep.

LOL its late, im relating sex and OC

most people are dead to the world, I carry a 23 due to weight and the fact most sheep think its a overs cell phone LOL

sohighlyunlikely

I ended up leaving before I got a response, so I declined to OC. However, I did OC at the Wal-Mart on Zumbehl in St. Charles. I carried a G23 in my Serpa holster. I honestly don't think the sheeple even noticed.

If you plan on being an OCer you may find this interesting

I had a friend of mine that is an avid people watcher. He wanted to see the reactions of people so I let him follow me while I was OC at a distance on about a dozen of my usual outings to places like walmart, bestbuy, grocery stores, fast food and several other places. He said that maybe only 10% of people would notice that a black gun in a black soft shaped holster was a gun. He thinks this is because a lot of people carry black devises on their hip and it just isn't noticed.
So we then added more visibility and changed up things. First a pearl handled pistol in in a gun formed black holster. That surprisingly only bumped the numbers up to about 20% at best.
3rd gun was a wooden gripped full size revolver in a dark tan holster. This easily doubled our % and probably got us to around 50% of people recognized that there was some one who didn't look like a LEO was carrying a gun.
The last gun in the experiment was what the guys call "Steely Dan". This is a triple chromed Type 54 Tok in what is called a naked holster. Which exposes the majority of sun glistening firearm. That put firearm recognition into about the 80% range, and I am told that their are particular classes of people who it almost mesmerized.

Just some interesting notes on OC observation by a friend of mine.

Doc

S6300783.jpg

kellogg2185

Sorry I missed out, hadn't been on here in a few days, so I'm just now reading this. Pretty sure you have my number, hit me up next time you go.

StevenSTL

Sorry I missed out, hadn't been on here in a few days, so I'm just now reading this. Pretty sure you have my number, hit me up next time you go.

You've got mine. I never got yours. Text me and I'll add it. I've been doing a little OCing around St. Charles and Brentwood. Most places nobody notices. The people that do stop talking and stare. Haha.

ChiangShih

Want attention while OCing? Try the new S&W "look at me" bear in across-shoulder under-arm holster! Lol, but seriously, I generally don't mind the lack of attention I get but when I am feeling a bit more pro-active, it would be nice to have a shirt with an arrow saying "ask me about my gun :D" maybe plug the website too. I know you cafe press boys are pretty crafty with that sort of thing.

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

Want attention while OCing? Try the new S&W "look at me" bear in across-shoulder under-arm holster! Lol, but seriously, I generally don't mind the lack of attention I get but when I am feeling a bit more pro-active, it would be nice to have a shirt with an arrow saying "ask me about my gun :D" maybe plug the website too. I know you cafe press boys are pretty crafty with that sort of thing.

That idea had been tossed around before. I may work on that this next week. Though I was told my last shirt was insulting to CCW people.

Doc

designallCAWTCCU9.jpg

kellogg2185

(not infringing on any OpenCarry.org copyrights)

Took a few minutes to play around on www.spreadshirt.com, came up with this. While they are pricey (about $30 for this shirt), their shipping is quick, and their products are good quality. I didn't order one, but figured I'd toss it in there as an idea. If including the www.OpenCarry.org would ruffle any feathers (I suppose I should email one of the owners/founders?) I obviously wouldn't include it, just would say "Open Carry" or something similar. Could possibly find a local silkscreen printer to make them in bulk for considerably cheaper.

OpenCarryshirtfront.jpg

OpenCarryshirtback.jpg

OpenCarryshirtsleeve.jpg

(apologies for the grainy cell-phone pictures)

sohighlyunlikely

Took a few minutes to play around on www.spreadshirt.com, came up with this. )

Personally I would replace the "gun" with "The 2nd Amendment" or "Ask me why this is important to all of us". In OC I always try to make my point obvious with out looking to extreme or intense(ie crazy). It is my opinion that OC has to be eased back into society. I try to cause awareness without causing a scene. But these are my personal beliefs and I do not pretend to extend there use to others who feel differently.

Doc

kellogg2185

Hahaha, yeah, maybe "gun" would be better off replaced with something along the 2A line. Just to not come off too strong, and avoid starting off with a negative vibe. Like I said though, I just played around with the design software on the website, didn't actually order one.

cash50

I like the t-shirt. Personally, I'd like a second arrow centered and pointing straight down.

kylemoul

i would maybe remove the "gun" too.

last wek i got some biz cards off vistaprint. now they do also do t-shirts.
i dont know exactly what i did, but i got a tshirt for 5-7$. i somehow put biz cards in my basket and got a 2nd chance offer for additional items with reduced prices (anyone who uses vistaprint should know what im talkin about.) and it took off the $$$ for the image upload.

not sure how i really did it...