• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

dicks sporting goods

fayettevillin

walked in today to pick up a belt for my baseball pants then i heard the "um sir" turned around and it was their unarmed security i guess they got rid of the FPD but anyways he was like i dont think you can have a firearm here "young kid prolly 21" i said ive carried before and there is no sign he said yea i kno im a little confused my self the asst mgr pointed it out hold on..then he walks over and says its our store policy... i say you dont have any signs so by nc law its legal...he says hold on and calls the manager she walks up and say.... oh yea thats fine its legal here in nc! i love having some protection here lol she looks at the asst and says one guy flipped out when some one told him he couldnt carry.. he was in shock then i talked to the gaurd about 15 mins about oc im going to spread the word like wild fire!!!!!

Fallschirjmäger

Thumbs_Up.png

Last edited:

cricketdad

walked in today to pick up a belt for my baseball pants then i heard the "um sir" turned around and it was their unarmed security i guess they got rid of the FPD but anyways he was like i dont think you can have a firearm here "young kid prolly 21" i said ive carried before and there is no sign he said yea i kno im a little confused my self the asst mgr pointed it out hold on..then he walks over and says its our store policy... i say you dont have any signs so by nc law its legal...he says hold on and calls the manager she walks up and say.... oh yea thats fine its legal here in nc! i love having some protection here lol she looks at the asst and says one guy flipped out when some one told him he couldnt carry.. he was in shock then i talked to the gaurd about 15 mins about oc im going to spread the word like wild fire!!!!!

Interesting, friend of mine was asked to leave by management because she was OCing.

Maine Expat

+1

Well done to both the OP and the store manager.:cool:

+ another 1

All it takes is being polite and knowing what the law says. An info card is a great visual as well. It turned my only "your scaring some customers" 180 degrees in OC favor.

Well done!

OCed in our Dicks on Friday. No probs at all.