• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

wondering - pa63 markavar

gunnieman

I don't see the point in them.

It you can't afford or can't be bothered to reload, (and have a better centerfire), then just stick to the .22lr. over 90% of the time, you need not hit anyone in order to make an attack stop, and over 80% of the time, you need not even fire. VERY few have the determination, skill and proper gear for mere LUCK to not be the main determinant of the outcome of an attack, (if the "bluff" of just seeing the gun, or hearing MISSES fired, is not enough).

I know nobody likes to hear the above, or likes to "only" have a .22r, but being TRULY skilled with a .22 is better than being slow/inaccurate with a .45, or 357, and beats the hell out of having a shotgun that you can't GET TO in time! :)

If you can't toss up a pair of soda cans with the hand that "clears" your concealing garment, draw an Airsoft gun and hit both of the cans in midair, most of the time, you are wasting time and money gonig to the range, even if 'all" you fire there is .22lr. Get busy in your back yard, garage, or basement with the Airsoft. they cost about 1/2 c per shot, so what is your excuse? If you are not fast and accurate with airsoft, I GUARANTEE that you are slow/inaccurate with the .22, and if you can't "do it" with the .22, (any given exercise of relevant speed and accuracty) then you CERTAINLY can't do it with the centerfire.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It you can't afford or can't be bothered to reload, (and have a better centerfire), then just stick to the .22lr. over 90% of the time, you need not hit anyone in order to make an attack stop, and over 80% of the time, you need not even fire. VERY few have the determination, skill and proper gear for mere LUCK to not be the main determinant of the outcome of an attack, (if the "bluff" of just seeing the gun, or hearing MISSES fired, is not enough).

I know nobody likes to hear the above, or likes to "only" have a .22r, but being TRULY skilled with a .22 is better than being slow/inaccurate with a .45, or 357, and beats the hell out of having a shotgun that you can't GET TO in time! :)

If you can't toss up a pair of soda cans with the hand that "clears" your concealing garment, draw an Airsoft gun and hit both of the cans in midair, most of the time, you are wasting time and money gonig to the range, even if 'all" you fire there is .22lr. Get busy in your back yard, garage, or basement with the Airsoft. they cost about 1/2 c per shot, so what is your excuse? If you are not fast and accurate with airsoft, I GUARANTEE that you are slow/inaccurate with the .22, and if you can't "do it" with the .22, (any given exercise of relevant speed and accuracty) then you CERTAINLY can't do it with the centerfire.

Long response...that has nothing to do with the question asked?

OP, I am assuming you meant Makarov, right?

What did you want to know about them? Are you considering getting one?

FMJ 911

I almost bought a Hungarian PA-63 a few years back. Nice Handgun, based on the Walther PP series.

I own a P-64 and in basic terms of function and shoot-ability, the only major difference (that I have noticed) is size.

These old "Com Bloc" handguns are a great bargain, and best of all, they just plain work! Consider the 9x18mm to be a "Super .380". It will do the job no doubt.

WalkingWolf

I have a PA-63, I love it. Reliable dependable little handgun. The only mod I did to it was grind the serrations off of the trigger to make it smooth. This for me increased the comfort with the heavy DA trigger pull. The 63 is the gun my wife usually carries.

BTW though it uses 9X18 ammo it is not a Makarov.