• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1 vote!?!

jimogden

What the hell! I think I know the answer but still learning about the politics world. is there anything we can do or are we gonna have to wait till next year and try again? I really thought it was gonna pass especially when the debates started. There must have been some sleeping senators that didn't hear a word that was said.

randyj

What the hell! I think I know the answer but still learning about the politics world. is there anything we can do or are we gonna have to wait till next year and try again? I really thought it was gonna pass especially when the debates started. There must have been some sleeping senators that didn't hear a word that was said.
REMEMBER THIS the next time you're in the BALLOT BOX!!!

jimogden

Damn right! I will remember.

Additionally I would like to personally thank all the guys that put so much into this. It's not a loss, just a setback.

+1 on that. Don't give up, let the disappointment of this setback inspire you to keep fighting. Thank you all very much for everything you have done.

mechanicworkman

When can we get copies of the vote from the journal where i can get the whole list of exactly who voted yea and nea!

mechanicworkman

Sleeping I think failure to even have their head in the game is more like it!

Seems like some of them were so far out in left field even I was starting to get lost LOL!

Politics,Politics,Politics...............

I mean seriously they were more worried about the centerfold from the conversation magazine than actually sitting down and reading what was in the bill getting something passed that had the ability to be good for those of our state.

What a load of crap!

I sure hope that senator likes living across from those drug dealers and gang members cause she damn sure didn't make her neighborhood any safer today! I find it comical she is obviously part of the problem but has not wishes to actually finding a solution!

mechanicworkman

+1 as well to all those whom worked so hard and spent so much time and energy tying!

On the bright side!We know who to go after and fire come next election!

mechanicworkman

Wait i remember now..................

Criminals make up 90% of their voter base, that's why they do nothing about the ridiculously high crime rates in every blue city and blue state, they don't want to alienate their voter base. It's best to just target real Americans, who don't vote for the fascist , the law-abiding citizens.

THis way when they have made as many once law abiding citizens criminals their voter base could improve some more LOL.............Sarcasm!

Great Gazoo

Senate GOP leadership is to blame for Override failure

Here is the article from ABC News implicating the Senate leadership. Now we know who to defeat at the ballot box.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/mo-lawmakers-deciding-veto-override-gun-bill-20224865

Here is a quote from the article:

Senators voted 22-12 for the veto override, coming up just shy of the required two-thirds majority. Senate President Pro Tem Tom Dempsey and Majority Leader Ron Richard split from the rest of the GOP caucus that they lead to instead sustain Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon's veto

Last edited:

bigb360

This makes me just sick. This was our one chance not only to preempt the silly OC regs in the leftist strongholds in Missouri, but to set a standard for the nation to follow with regard to the second amendment. Does anyone really think we'll ever get this kind of legislation through again? I don't.

BigBoreBoy

This makes me just sick. This was our one chance not only to preempt the silly OC regs in the leftist strongholds in Missouri, but to set a standard for the nation to follow with regard to the second amendment. Does anyone really think we'll ever get this kind of legislation through again? I don't.

Ok I'm an optimist so...I'm not about to let that stand. Yeah I absolutely think we have lots of chances moving forward. From my understanding most of what was accomplished leading up to today was achieved by a relatively small group of guys. Who knows what we can do if we come back in '14 or '15 with more numbers, more enthusiasm, more whatever it takes. We only lost by one vote! (I know - it sucks!)

I for one would like to hear from the guys that have been up in Jeff City gettin' it done. What needs to happen next and how can we help? Please - enlighten me - I'm a sponge.:dude: (ok - I'm an angry sponge - sounds a little tougher)

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
They got the journal published fast this time.

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/Journals/VDay0109111-36.pdf#toolbar=1

Too much time and money has been spent on these wastiods.

Marc worked like a mad man, and did an outstanding job.

I hated missing the rally and the veto session, I hate it even more now as i would have enjoyed sharing a few choice words with some morons in Jeff this round.

Time to start emailing some photos of campaign contributions to those running against these jokers, SHOW them where it hurts.

rumor has it the NRA had a hand in it again, however, while i do not trust the NRA due to past history, know the NRA rep for mo is a real **** who cowers at the thought of OC, there is also speculation that the rumor is indeed false and those who turned their backs on us have made it up to try and soften the blow of the public display of their inabilities to stand up for our state and national constitutions.

May have to sit the next one out.

OC for ME

After scuttling the Missouri bill, Dempsey and Richard both professed their devotion to the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, their love of hunting and their history of supporting pro-gun legislation.
History, how ironic that this turncoat must draw on his history where as he had a opportunity to make history.

"However, I have reached a point where, in my view, political prudence and good public policy have parted ways, and I have been forced to pick which path I will follow," Dempsey, of St. Charles, said in a written explanation of his vote.
Mr. Dempsey, you Sir have parted ways with your oat to uphold the state and federal constitutions.

"My love of the Second Amendment didn't trump my love of the First Amendment," he told reporters.
WHAT?

Bottom line, the veto override failed because republicans did not vote based on their conservative principles because those republicans do not have any republican principles.

RINO each and every one of them. Vote them out of office.

BigBoreBoy

NAY - Ron Richard R-32 321 (573) 751-2173
Dade, Jasper and Newton

I know nothing about this man, but here is one to consider terminating.

I don't need to know anything about either one of these SOB's. Their votes speak volumes! They both voted for it in the Spring only to switch their votes last night. So what does this tell us? Did they not fully read the bill when they originally voted for it? Did they not fully understand it when they stood behind it? Did they suddenly have such a change of heart that they can no longer support something they were for only months ago? (Here after known as "Pulling a Koster"). Or are their votes just for sale to the highest bidder? One way or the other I don't want them representing me or anyone else in this fine state.

Great Gazoo

Primary Challengers and other means to defeat these Tyrants

When do the terms of these 2 traitors expire? Liberty minded candidates need to be discovered in those districts and supported with funding by the rest of us. Money does indeed flow across district lines. I also heard that members of the Legislature can only be recalled (like happened recently in Colorado) in districts that have a population under 30,000? There must be a good way to hold the representatives of the people accountable for their actions.

Maybe a few good protest marches in front of Dempsey's restaurant in St Charles might enlighten some people as to what kind of person they are supporting by eating at his place.