• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delaware Protective Oder Fail

MKEgal

Good for her.
I'm sure it took a lot of documented abuse to get that restraining order, and there was plenty more undocumented abuse before that.
Now she knows he will never harm her again.

What gets me is the line about "no charges have been filed, but police are still investigating".
They KNOW he broke the restraining order before, they KNOW he'd been violent to her before, they KNOW he broke into the house that night, they KNOW he beat her... what the h3|| are they talking about charging her with?!?!?

SFCRetired

Many long years ago, I worked with a man who regularly beat his wife to the point that she sickened and died. No charges were ever filed because the local DA said that he couldn't prove the beatings caused the death.

Fast forward two years: He met a girl where we worked and wound up marrying her. Soon as they got back from the honeymoon, he started in on, "If you do this, I'm going to beat the crap out of you" etc.,etc.

She stopped him in mid-tirade by asking him to wait just a minute. She went into their bedroom and came back with a .38 revolver which she stuck up his left nostril. She then told him, very sweetly, "You beat one wife to death, you S.O.B, but if you ever raise a hand to me, I'll scatter your brains all over the ceiling!"

Last I heard, some thirty years ago, they still had a happy marriage because he can't find where she hid the gun.

Any male (he ain't a man) who would hit a woman, much less beat her, deserves whatever she is able to dish out. I just wish more women would do this to abusive males.

JoeSparky

Centurion
My father tells a story about a situation he was in as a youth being picked on by 2 girls who didn't know my grandmother was privy to the situation....

Grandmother called my father over and gently told him to "never hit a lady-- if she hits you first, she ain't no lady!"

My father's problems with those girls ended that day.

And I have never seen him raise in hand in anger toward any woman!

Ruby

Many long years ago, I worked with a man who regularly beat his wife to the point that she sickened and died. No charges were ever filed because the local DA said that he couldn't prove the beatings caused the death.

Fast forward two years: He met a girl where we worked and wound up marrying her. Soon as they got back from the honeymoon, he started in on, "If you do this, I'm going to beat the crap out of you" etc.,etc.

She stopped him in mid-tirade by asking him to wait just a minute. She went into their bedroom and came back with a .38 revolver which she stuck up his left nostril. She then told him, very sweetly, "You beat one wife to death, you S.O.B, but if you ever raise a hand to me, I'll scatter your brains all over the ceiling!"

Last I heard, some thirty years ago, they still had a happy marriage because he can't find where she hid the gun.

Any male (he ain't a man) who would hit a woman, much less beat her, deserves whatever she is able to dish out. I just wish more women would do this to abusive males.

I think this woman must have rocks in her head to marry a man that she KNEW was an abuser. Why would any woman want to be married to someone that she had to protect herself against?!?:banghead:

OldCurlyWolf

My father tells a story about a situation he was in as a youth being picked on by 2 girls who didn't know my grandmother was privy to the situation....

Grandmother called my father over and gently told him to "never hit a lady-- if she hits you first, she ain't no lady!"

My father's problems with those girls ended that day.

And I have never seen him raise in hand in anger toward any woman!

I have this agreement with females. Do not hit me and I will not hit you. I do not condone males beating on females nor do I condone the reverse.

I have not raised a fist to a female since about 6 years old. Though I did spank one in class when I was a JR in HS. After warning her about the consequences of her behavior several times. She just would not listen.:banghead:

Jack House

I concur, OCW. If a woman hits me, then she is fair game. Though generally they get a couple warnings first. But no one ever listens. :(