• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TSA begins random road inspections in Tennessee, First State To Fight Terrorism Stat

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/1...-becomes-first-state-to-deploy-vipr-statewide
Adam Ghassemi said:
...but now agents are hitting the interstates to fight terrorism with Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR). ... Tuesday Tennessee was first to deploy VIPR simultaneously at five weigh stations and two bus stations across the state.

Agents are recruiting truck drivers, like Rudy Gonzales, into the First Observer Highway Security Program to say something if they see something.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Dear George Orwell,
Thank you kindly for your instruction manual titled "1984". We sincerely appreciate your vision will be implementing it under the "USA Patriot Act" and with other various laws and agencies. The ongoing undeclared wars and the "war on terror" have indeed provided a great excuse to subject our citizens as you proposed and we are currently seeing through the "thought police" phase. Once again, thank you; your instruction manual is working perfectly.
Sincerely,
The U.S. Government.

Tucker6900

Because Tennessee is the first place I would hit if I were a terrorist........(extreme sarcasm intended)

Beretta9mm (army)

I got it. All we have to do is make it so all cell phones mic and camras go strate to the Goverment. Then thay can do ther job right. (sarcasm)

Tony4310

How nice. TSA Nazi SS agents now on the highways. What you want to search my car on the highway in the name of security? Kiss my a**. You aren't searching a damn thing with out a court ordered warrant.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
SCENARIO:

You're traveling on an interstate highway to some destination within your state while openly carrying a firearm on your person (a legal activity within the state). There are heightened alerts based upon highly reliable information within the area in which you are traveling so the TSA has set up road blocks in select places to do cursory examinations of private vehicles. Yours is selected.

As you step out of your car, your firearm is immediately noticed by a TSA agent (who is poorly trained regarding the laws and customs of the state). He pulls a tazer and fires it at you with the expected results. You are then handcuffed and led to a trailer for further interrogation.

I see a number of laws broken here by the "authorities" but I would bet that they would not be charged or chastised for their actions. Let's say that instead of a tazer, the agent pulled his sidearm and shot the driver. Seeing this, several of the passengers, who were also armed, returned fire at the agents (which would probably be justifiable). In other words, a real mess can ensue over actions that many might deem acceptable by the government.

hermannr

Absolutely totally, and utterly illegal. Random searches are an unwarranted intrusion on privacy. I do not care what their excuse is, there is never a legit reason for this kind of stuff. Goes right along with random DUI checks.

Redbaron007

Trucks are regulated differently than the individual passenger cars. IIRC, trucks can be inspected at any time, except sealed trailers, then the fed take responsibility for the security of the load if they break the seal, or something like that.

I don't see them doing random searches on personal vehicles.

I am not in favor of these searches.

MilProGuy

Personally, I support my Tennessee neighbors in this safeguard against terrorism.

Everything changed on the morning of 9/11/2001, thanks to the evil deeds of the despicable, radical Islamic terrorists who visited mayhem, murder, and destruction upon our country.

I feel the Department of Homeland Security has done a stellar job at thwarting further radical, muslim extremist attacks of this magnitude; and that Tennessee is taking a measure that the rest of the country ought to implement as well.

This is, of course, just one man's humble opinion.

Last edited:

CrimsonSoul

I like the Netherlands response to terrorism as opposed to the USA's response of "none of our citizens are trustworthy." that's just my opinion though

SouthernBoy

I like the Netherlands response to terrorism as opposed to the USA's response of "none of our citizens are trustworthy." that's just my opinion though

I would turn that around and say, neither our governments or any of their agencies is trustworthy. But then, that's the Southern American in me and it is in line with what our Founders believe to be the proper stance to take in matters political.

Last edited:

Tony4310

Give it time and I could see the TSA wanting to have " safety check points " for private vehicle owners at some point. They'll do it and see what they can get away with.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Personally, I support my Tennessee neighbors in this safeguard against terrorism.

Everything changed on the morning of 9/11/2001, thanks to the evil deeds of the despicable, radical Islamic terrorists who visited mayhem, murder, and destruction upon our country.

I feel the Department of Homeland Security has done a stellar job at thwarting further radical, muslim extremist attacks of this magnitude; and that Tennessee is taking a measure that the rest of the country ought to implement as well.

This is, of course, just one man's humble opinion.

What a good little subject you are.

<insert benjamin franklin quote here>

The biggest threat to our freedom isn't terrorism. The 9/11 attacks were the perfect excuse the government needed to shred our constitution and you're just tickled pink about it.

Everything changed on the morning of 9/11/2001
SAYS WHO!? Who says everything changed? Why do things need to change? Why does freedom need to change because we were attacked? Now, not only did the terrorists destroy a couple buildings and thousands of lives, they convinced the American people to willingly turn in their freedom.

I can't believe people are totally cool with their government reaching in their ******* pants now just because we were attacked. (literally)

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Give it time and I could see the TSA wanting to have " safety check points " for private vehicle owners at some point. They'll do it and see what they can get away with.

I agree and this would not surprise me one bit. All it takes to push this over the edge in the minds of a good many Americans and the federal and state governments is another major terrorist attack, or attacks, and we are likely to lose more than just that freedom. But yes, I think you are right in your assessment. And interestingly enough, it could be cause for suspending the national elections next year (read that as "argument") and some dangerous executive orders issued from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
shrine_of_the_statists1.jpg

Firearms Iinstuctor

Trucks are regulated differently than the individual passenger cars. IIRC, trucks can be inspected at any time, except sealed trailers, then the fed take responsibility for the security of the load if they break the seal, or something like that.

I don't see them doing random searches on personal vehicles.

I am not in favor of these searches.

Most state truck inspectors carry seals so they can replace the ones they cut off. They then note such on the motor carrier safety report and the trk goes on its merry way.