• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hunter safety certificate for non resident chl

FORD78

Currently a Mi resident ive completed the NRA first steps class. I know some states honor a hunter safety certicate for sufficent training for a non resident CHL. Do any of you residents of Az know if your state honors that as training?

hdwizard

Currently a Mi resident ive completed the NRA first steps class. I know some states honor a hunter safety certicate for sufficent training for a non resident CHL. Do any of you residents of Az know if your state honors that as training?

Yes.

FORD78

So do i just leave the lower portion on back page of application blank and include a copy of my hunter safety certicicate? Getting conflicting info on the topic AZ dpt of Safety tells me that i do not need the 8 hr firearms safety portion completed to apply.

hdwizard

So do i just leave the lower portion on back page of application blank and include a copy of my hunter safety certicicate? Getting conflicting info on the topic AZ dpt of Safety tells me that i do not need the 8 hr firearms safety portion completed to apply.

I have no idea what the current app looks like (haven't filled out anything but renewals for years), so I'm not sure how to answer that. My understanding is that DPS will accept "proper documentation" of any training that meets the criteria set forth in ARS 13-3112, and a hunter safety cert would do that (we had something to say about that :D). The DPS CWPU should be able to answer any questions about the application process, 602-223-2000.

FORD78

I have no idea what the current app looks like (haven't filled out anything but renewals for years), so I'm not sure how to answer that. My understanding is that DPS will accept "proper documentation" of any training that meets the criteria set forth in ARS 13-3112, and a hunter safety cert would do that (we had something to say about that :D). The DPS CWPU should be able to answer any questions about the application process, 602-223-2000.

Thanks for the info! and yes both posters were correct verified original ? via DPS. Are they getting permits out in a timely manner? I know some states are 8mths or more behind.