• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

American Gun Confiscation

HPmatt

This article goes into some detail on Hillary's 'off the cuff' remark about looking into Australia's gun crackdown on LACs.
I thought the part talking about efforts to FUBAR the military and police, as part of the ability to weaken the will was interesting.

To go a little further, but not completely whole Reynolds Wrap... how would pro-2A citizens be able to effectively support their Constitutional rights if there was a Federal attempt to register/confiscate guns? Other than State and Local elected officials, w/o assistance of those with military tactics training, such as say Oathkeepers, it would be difficult to develop coordinated tactics and strategies to defeat attempts of the Federal beast to enslave US citizens.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/10/arranging_american_gun_confiscation.html

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
... how would pro-2A citizens be able to effectively support their Constitutional rights if there was a Federal attempt to register/confiscate guns? Other than State and Local elected officials, w/o assistance of those with military tactics training, such as say Oathkeepers, it would be difficult to develop coordinated tactics and strategies to defeat attempts of the Federal beast to enslave US citizens.

Partisans/resistance fighters historically have started out as lone martyrs. Oathkeepers, IMHO, are not going to be partisans/resistance fighters - at least not until there are a whole bunch of those sorts that the .gov Orcs are already becoming afraid of.

Historically it has been bandied about that it was between 3% and 5% of the population that fought after all-out warfare against King and crown was declared. Less than 0.5% of the population remaining in the Warsaw and Lodz ghettos rose up in arms - probably because that was the most they could supply with a weapon (not just a firearm but homemade grenades, Molotov cocktails, etc.)

While suicide bombing is not part of the American culture you might see some carried out. Also waves of women and children as human shields for armed fighters. It is not going to be Red Dawn (v.1 or v.2). Go read up on the Philippine Insurrection and the later part of the Philippine resistance to Japanese occupation.

You asked a rhetorical question, you got a hypothetical, theoretical answer.

stay safe.

Dave_pro2a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf8trl69kzo

Chris Montgomery, deployed US Military member on American soil says "You don't want to think about the stuff you're going to have to do, when someone pops around a corner."

Reporter: "You mean shoot an American."

Chris Montgomery, deployed US Military member on American soil replies "Yes."

"Fighting for our freedom," isn't that tired line most Vets start and end their arguments with?

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

partisans/resistance fighters historically have started out as lone martyrs. Oathkeepers, imho, are not going to be partisans/resistance fighters - at least not until there are a whole bunch of those sorts that the .gov orcs are already becoming afraid of.

Historically it has been bandied about that it was between 3% and 5% of the population that fought after all-out warfare against king and crown was declared. Less than 0.5% of the population remaining in the warsaw and lodz ghettos rose up in arms - probably because that was the most they could supply with a weapon (not just a firearm but homemade grenades, molotov cocktails, etc.)

while suicide bombing is not part of the american culture you might see some carried out. Also waves of women and children as human shields for armed fighters. It is not going to be red dawn (v.1 or v.2). Go read up on the philippine insurrection and the later part of the philippine resistance to japanese occupation.

You asked a rhetorical question, you got a hypothetical, theoretical answer.

Stay safe.

i

r

a

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Politics are local. If there are no local politicians supporting confiscation then confiscation will be difficult to enforce. And in my many years of living I know when it comes to push or shove local politicians know which side the bread is buttered on.

The east and west coast politicians also know how strong the gun toting and bible clinching mid-west and southerners really are. We do believe the "behind every blade of grass" concept will serve us well.

WalkingWolf

There is also the possibility of non violent, yet effective tactics. Truckers shutting down the highways could shut the whole system down. Dig up fiber optics, and the whole communication system is shut down. This happened a few weeks back in NC, shut down all the sheriff's depts computers. No cell phone communications, no internet for over 24 hours. Merging civilian, and government service lines is a huge tactical error that will be taken advantage of.

In keeping with the rules of the site I do not suggest such activities, but if war is declared on the people then we can expect that some will use government stupidity against the government.

solus

There is also the possibility of non violent, yet effective tactics. Truckers shutting down the highways could shut the whole system down. Dig up fiber optics, and the whole communication system is shut down. This happened a few weeks back in NC, shut down all the sheriff's depts computers. No cell phone communications, no internet for over 24 hours. Merging civilian, and government service lines is a huge tactical error that will be taken advantage of.

In keeping with the rules of the site I do not suggest such activities, but if war is declared on the people then we can expect that some will use government stupidity against the government.

i also wonder WW since it only hit those entities EMS/LE areas if it wasn't someone seeing the reaction...hypothetically postulating now...

ipse

WalkingWolf

i also wonder WW since it only hit those entities EMS/LE areas if it wasn't someone seeing the reaction...hypothetically postulating now...

ipse

IIRC it was a utility company that accidentally severed the fiber optic line near Charlotte. ONE line brought the whole state down, and some areas outside the state.

solus

IIRC it was a utility company that accidentally severed the fiber optic line near Charlotte. ONE line brought the whole state down, and some areas outside the state.

actually, it affected those citizens, anywhere in the US, who had a 919 verizon prefix...

interesting there was no redundancy built into their system...

just saying...

ipse

Freedom1Man

actually, it affected those citizens, anywhere in the US, who had a 919 verizon prefix...

interesting there was no redundancy built into their system...

just saying...

ipse
Just hope no one sets off a thermate device over a bundle of those communication cables.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Frdmftr

Better than "From My Cold Dead Hands"

Would YOU want to live in that reality/world/nation, a disarmed subject-serf? Would you rather wait on your knees or standing with a gun in one fist and the Bible in the other. God Bless US Bitter Clingers.

μολὼν λαβέ applies to much more than merely arms. As hackneyed as it is, from my cold dead hands says it well.

As Oleg Volk says: "Don't fight to be a martyr. Use modern weapons and fight to win." See my post later in this thread, I have information that might forestall the fight, and if not (I doubt it) gives us very strong reasons to kick ass and take names and know that we are fully justified in doing so.

Frdmftr

GunOwners Are Being Suckered

• Compelled background checks as a precondition to allowing (or denying) the purchase of a firearm have never prevented a crime in the history of the planet and were never intended to.
• Background checks compelled as a precondition to the exercise of a right violate the fundamental principle that a citizen cannot be deprived of a right in order to be allowed to exercise a right.
• Government has no authority to require or deny permission to exercise a right that does not, in itself, interfere with the rights of others.
• Compelled background checks are a stalking horse designed to sucker gun owners into thinking they are “certified by government as one of the good guys” while actually depriving them of their fundamental rights.
• Compelled background checks are a violation of our 4th Amendment-guaranteed right to be secure from unwarranted interrogation and search in the absence of probable cause of criminal conduct.
• Compelled background checks are a violation of our 5th Amendment-guaranteed right to due process before our rights can be taken from us.
• Background checks are a violation of our 10th Amendment-guaranteed right to a federal government exercising only those powers delegated to it by the U.S. Constitution.
• Requiring permission from government to exercise our inherited and unalienable right to keep and bear arms is an a priori restraint and a violation of our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
• The federal government doesn’t even have the Constitutional authority to license firearm dealers or run the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
• Compelled background checks mandated by State law are a violation of our 10th Amendment-guaranteed right to State governments exercising only those powers not prohibited to the States by the U.S. Constitution (e.g., 2nd Amendment).

The object of compelled background checks have always been to render our entire Rule of Law under the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 10th amendments moot and irrelevant against the totalitarian Rule of Man. Think Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mugabe, Kim Jong Il, Qaddafi, Ayatollah Khamenei, and other vicious dictators, none of whom recognize citizen rights.

What are we going to do when federal or international government thugs break down our doors and ignore our rights because we have already waived them?

Enforcing the U.S. Constitution is our defense: Government has no authority to SUCKER people into waiving their rights. Government has no authority to issue or deny permission to exercise a fundamental right. It is time to REJECT and REPEAL all laws requiring government permission to exercise our rights!

It is time to say WE WILL NOT COMPLY with unConstitutional color of law.

I would recommend gun owners immediately reclaim their rights and register a vehement protest over the violation of our 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendment-guaranteed rights represented by the background checks required by the egregiously unconstitutional Brady Act of 1993. I can't advise you because I am a Constitutional scholar not a lawyer, but I am doing this by filing a notarized document with the county clerk of my county claiming all my rights, including specifically but not limited to my 2nd, 4th, 5th and 10th Amendment-guaranteed rights, and protesting the violation as described above. If I choose to purchase or transfer a firearm before we can get Brady repealed, I will staple a copy of that notarized document to the Form 4473. If the dealer won't permit me to do that (actually I don't think it should be a problem), I will get his name and the name of a witness to prove that I claimed my rights, whether he allowed it or not.

In closing, I want to point out a simple fact. The adam henries calling for gun control are ramping it up to eventual confiscation. Their call is subversive of the U.S. Constitution but they have a right to free speech, even subversive free speech. But when the confiscations start, that is THEIR armed insurrection and THEIR 'revolution,' not ours. We are the counter-revolutionaries and we have a gold-plated right to arrest, prosecute, and imprison the perpetrators under 18USC2383 and associated statutes. They will be conducting armed insurrection against the "authority of the United States" and that authority is exclusively, singularly, absolutely only, the United States Constitution. We, the people, have an absolute duty to protect and defend our Constitution.

Discussion welcome.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I believe you are preaching to the choir

And perhaps a bit too close to crossing the line on one of our Forum Rules.

• (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Thundar

Irony

And perhaps a bit too close to crossing the line on one of our Forum Rules.

• (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

The rules of the forum are quite ironic. When posters speak about using the 2A for what the founding fathers intended, the rulers of a gun rights forum break out the rule book to squash the discussion.

I understand the rule and am greatful that we have it. I do not want the forum to turn into the sort of prepper site that attracts lots of strange birds that inject crazy ideas that are only tangentially related to open carry.
Live Free or Die
Thundar

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The rules of the forum are quite ironic. When posters speak about using the 2A for what the founding fathers intended, the rulers of a gun rights forum break out the rule book to squash the discussion.

I understand the rule and am greatful that we have it. I do not want the forum to turn into the sort of prepper site that attracts lots of strange birds that inject crazy ideas that are only tangentially related to open carry.
Live Free or Die
Thundar
Not ironic at all. OCDO is not all inclusive of things pertaining to guns.

Prefer to think that we direct and focus discussion, rather than squash it. :)

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Seriously? The whole state? Thats hilarious.

I watch the news in the morn while waiting for my Sweet Baboo to prep for the daily grind at the jail. The "highway reports" are always similar until there is a crash. At that point there are miles of blockages and I5 becomes a parking lot. If, as suggested, this happened at multiple spots, simultaneously, it could shut down traffic for a major portion of Wa State.
We seem to have built our infrastructure to be very very vulnerable to terrorists.