• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No carry, no way at Rebel Books

Nevada carrier

I had no choice but to disarm as I was out of options for the purchase of a text book I need and needed now. Though I did inform the manager on duty that their sign carried no weight of law as there was no statute cited on the sign, nor was there any applicable statute that applied to their prohibition. I also informed them that should someone lawfully carry a firearm into their store, the only violation they would be subject to is trespassing.

Please feel free to write them with your thoughts to manager@rebelbook.com

Nevada carrier

Ya, they also will bitch at you if they see that you have a knife...

No. It's not owned or operated by the Nevada system of higher education. It's a privately owned company based in Nebraska. The one I visited was Rebel Books II across the street from the Charleston Campus of CSN. I tried to send them an e-mail to their contact address but it was returned as undeliverable.

Sabotage70

No. It's not owned or operated by the Nevada system of higher education. It's a privately owned company based in Nebraska. The one I visited was Rebel Books II across the street from the Charleston Campus of CSN. I tried to send them an e-mail to their contact address but it was returned as undeliverable.
Well if it's a private business, I hate to say it. But I think you might be SOL.

Vegassteve

Though I did inform the manager on duty that their sign carried no weight of law as there was no statute cited on the sign, nor was there any applicable statute that applied to their prohibition. QUOTE]

In NV for the PUBLIC building rule the sign does not have to have the statute listed.
If this bookstore is a pvt biz you are correct in the sign carries no weight.

Nevada carrier

In NV for the PUBLIC building rule the sign does not have to have the statute listed.
If this bookstore is a pvt biz you are correct in the sign carries no weight.

Rebel Books and Rebel Boors II are both private businesses. But IMHO private businesses should not be prohibiting lawful activity that's not a disruption to their business.

Nevada carrier

0707000941.jpg

Mudjack

Banned
Those signs make me laugh. They carry no weight with the law and therefore I simply ignore them completely and walk right on in with a concealed gun and knife both under my clothing.

Another thing the signs do beside make me laugh real hard is tell all the armed criminals where it's safe to go in and rob--as no one inside is armed and is no match for thugs that are armed. Those who true advocates of that type of signage should place them on the front doors of their homes... Then ask them what a good idea they are.

Wherever you see the no guns allowed signs is where you will likely need your gun the most, for obvious reasons.

And another thing... Walking into the store and arguing with the owner or manager, telling him in so many words that he's stupid and does not know the law is never in a million years going to get you in that store while carrying a gun. It's self defeating behavior. It's their shop, not yours. And they can make the rules up as they see fit.

Nevada carrier

I didn't tell them they couldn't restrict their customers from carrying a firearm, I simply informed them that the sign carried no weight of law. It was a rather polite conversation. The manager informed me that if it were up to her, she wouldn't make such a policy, but their corporate office demanded it.

Mudjack

Banned
Well done.

Now, it would be wise to follow up with a letter to corporate, letting them know about their great and friendly staff and how it would benefit their business greatly if they would allow open and concealed carry on their property.

desertw0lf

Correct, the sign ONLY says CONCEALED WEAPONS are not allowed. You are perfectly okay OC in that store, and perfectly fine to point out that their sign does not state anything about OPEN CARRY.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
Correct, the sign ONLY says CONCEALED WEAPONS are not allowed. You are perfectly okay OC in that store, and perfectly fine to point out that their sign does not state anything about OPEN CARRY.

You're OK to conceal in that store as well. If I am CC and I see a sign like that, I completely ignore it. Since the sign carries absolutely no weight of law, it's a meaningless sign. And if I'm properly concealed, they'll never know, and I obviously won't volunteer it.

desertw0lf

You're OK to conceal in that store as well. If I am CC and I see a sign like that, I completely ignore it. Since the sign carries absolutely no weight of law, it's a meaningless sign. And if I'm properly concealed, they'll never know, and I obviously won't volunteer it.

I wish my sarcasm had come through in text. I understand the sign holds now weight in law, I just wanted to poke fun at it.

Remmy

lol @ these signs, I saw a sign that was almost the exact as this one in a gas station in Valle AZ. I had my 1911 strapped to my hip as all i was getting was ice to go back to my ranch. walked in got my soda and ice paid not a word. walked out to a highway patrol officer trolling the parking lot still nothing went along my merry way.

Vegassteve

lol @ these signs, I saw a sign that was almost the exact as this one in a gas station in Valle AZ. I had my 1911 strapped to my hip as all i was getting was ice to go back to my ranch. walked in got my soda and ice paid not a word. walked out to a highway patrol officer trolling the parking lot still nothing went along my merry way.

I may be wrong and I dont have time to search right now, but I thought in AZ those signs are lawful.