• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Read this response from a local candidate for office about OC & 2A! WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Hello Mrs. Dragone.

I would like to know what your position is on the right of MI. citizens to keep & bear arms? I know our 22nd District Rep. Mr. Geiss is very "anti-gun", do you follow his beliefs?

Regards,

Jeff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Jeff,

My beliefs revolve around choices. I've never had gun myself, nor did my first husband when my children were growing up. We lived in Kalkaska, MI for 7 years and he would go hunting once in awhile with his brother (he borrowed a gun). I bought my son at 14 a BB Gun and was TAUGHT about gun safety. He's now 20 and knows how to respect the use of a gun. My own brothers , brother-in-law and Step Father all own guns for Deer Hunting. The law that recently passed allowing guns to be openly worn worried me, and the recent suicide of a young man of 23 I knew thru family who KNEW the person visiting his father carried a loaded gun in his car, took advantage of that situation on his front lawn when the two men left together in his dad's car is tragic. I personally can't control the actions of others but If I am in a position, I will protect our State's Citizens to ensure the registration process of handguns is enforced. I am not anti-gun. I won't be able to please everyone, but the choice is ours to make. If elected, I want to instill a process for the registered voters that reside within my 10 cities of District 8 to be able to VOICE their opinions of the laws we are voting on~ that is why I am running, this is who I will be working for and your opinion on what happens in Lansing should be the outcome of the vote. I appreciate your interest and hope to have your support in August.

Sherry Dragone
Candidate for Senate D-8
313-485-3921

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Now that's a gun nut.

Well nut is for sure...what about that recent law allowing OC? Does she think 1835 is recent? Or what does some younger man killing himself have to with registering guns? It wasn't his, he took it unlawfully from another persons vehicle. This is the kind of idiots that are determining our rights to self defense in Lansing? BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID!

Oh yeah...is it legal to let others borrow your long guns for hunting? {I think she's talking about long guns??}

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

well since this recent law went into effect, over 200 years have passed, and BTW there no such "law" there never has been. there was only a law about concealed carry, someone thought it wouldn't be "fair" for a criminal to attack someone who they didn't know was armed, then they could god forbid,,,get hurt! thank you for 200 years of protecting the criminal!

BULLS***

NHCGRPR45

the only law i know of about borrowing was with handguns at one time you couldn't loan, lend or borrow a handgun, you would have to legally transfer it by getting a purchase permit and doing the transfer. you still can't lend a pistol without the legal transfer, unless the person you are lending it to is a CPL holder.

so far as i know lending long guns is fine, i use my dads .444 marlin for hunting season, and have no problem, never had any law interaction with the .444 either.

i am certain someone with and actual law cite will come along soon to verify,

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
With no registration of Long Guns, how could it be otherwise?

I thought it was but her response left my head spinning. This is exactly the type of dribble we hear all the time...some one other than a law abiding citizen does something bad with a gun and those of us who follow the law should be restricted even more? To me it's like saying drunk drivers are out there, therefore the rest of the public can only drive on days that start with a (T) between the hours of 8am & 9am? That will keep us all safe from them correct?

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I think the only thing that would change the way she FEELS about firearms is if large numbers of people open carry without incident. She "feels" and for that to change is very difficult. Logic will take a back seat to her feelings on the issue.
I actually feel sorry for her. I understand the reaction to her feelings is to try to do something about it. Anything... even if it does not make sense to anyone.
The only issue I have is that she has a problem with others having firearms and is in a position to do something about it.
My girlfriend is the same way about motorcycles, as are many of her friends. She is a nurse who used to work in an emergency room and has seen the devastation of motorcycle accidents up close. Although she in no was disparages others who choose to ride a bike, she would never condone me or her family being anywhere near a cycle. I love motorcycles and would love to ride but, knowing that it is a sore issue, I choose not to ride one. Even though she thinks I am an excellent driver in general, she worries not about my competence and skill, rather the drivers of cars who don't pay attention to their surroundings while driving.
Even though she feels this way about motorcycles, she has no problem with me having firearms around the house and wearing one everywhere I go. So, at least she is OK with that...:)

stainless1911

Banned
This is one reason why my grandparents generation diddnt want women to be in authority. We should have listened to them.

hide.gif

sprinklerguy28

Yeah, females don't deserve to have rights, they should be bought and sold like slaves, how old is your daughter?

:banghead:

+1

One thing my grandfather did teach me that I agree with was

Better to be thought of as a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Last edited:

eastmeyers

Forum Rules - Hate Is NOT Welcome Here

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

YOU OWN YOUR WORDS ONCE THEY ARE POSTED: While we will attempt to help those who have a legitimate need to remove postings they have made in haste or error, our time and ability to do so is not unlimited and there is no guarantee that such a request will be granted. Therefore, post only those comments that you have considered and are willing to take full responsibility for!

HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religions, national origin, sexual orientation, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.

I could be wrong and feel more than welcome to correct me if I am, but I could have sworn (but can not find it at the moment) that you were a Sarah Palin supporter... If so hypocritical at best and __________ at worse.

This is one reason why my grandparents generation didn't want women to be in authority. We should have listened to them.

hide.gif

Dang, a ticket from the PC police.:lol:

My viewpoints are rooted in the Bible.

Site

http://www.comereason.org/bibl_cntr/con030.asp

BAM!

You are the only one that said anything about abuse.
A good woman knows her place without abuse, those who don't arent worth abusing.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
There is nothing hateful or abusive about anything I posted here. And in no way does what I have said promote hatred or abuse of anyone. I do not promote such things. There is no malice with me against any woman. God created man, then woman, and established an authority system within that creation. There is no room for hatred, or abuse within that system of order. Men and women were created differently so together they would complete a functional team. NOT for the man to abuse the woman, and NOT for the woman to rule over the man.

I supported Sarah, as the best of the choices given, contrary to my own beliefs, as a means to an end.

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psychology/eccl/women.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.