• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Read this response from a local candidate for office about OC & 2A! WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinklerguy28

What I don't understand is how anyone got abuse or degrading from my posts. This reminds me of another thread where my words were twisted into something else.

If you constantly feel you're being misunderstood, there's a good chance it's not everyone else "twisting" your words. It's the way you present yourself with the comments you make. Maybe some self reflection is in order.

scot623

What I don't understand is how anyone got abuse or degrading from my posts. This reminds me of another thread where my words were twisted into something else.

The fact you don't think saying women shouldn't hold positions in government, or they should "know their place"(based on yours posts, meaning to serve men and only speak when spoken to) isn't degrading to women is scary. What does your daughter think about the glass ceiling you've put in place for her? What do you tell her when she asks about running for office someday to help protect her daddy's rights to carry a firearm(assuming you still legally can)? Do you tell her to stop daydreaming, go get married and make babies and keep the house clean like a good subservient wife?

NHCGRPR45

i had held my opinion on stainless, i thought maybe he was just misunderstood, well now i know better, you say stainless that you did not degrade women in and way yet assert that just beacause your a male, your better. you say you don't degrade women yet you freely admit that a woman "should know her place". while you may have the right to feel that way, and maybe other countries feel the same way you do, your still 100% wrong.

while in iraq, they do believe that a woman should know her place. when they step out of place they are dragged into the street and beheaded. some are treated far worse, in that armpit of a country, which has its own unspoken beauty by the way. the only thing thats evil is some of there beliefs, they are the twisted beliefs some similar to your own, so please, stop talking. your argument is outdated, sad and yes degradeing to yourself, women, this forum and this country.

stainless1911

Banned
I never said, nor implied that men were better than women. That was the general assumption made by just about everybody. I am against violence towards women, as I have previously stated, but everyone conjures up images of a drunken slob beating his woman, or beheading them in some sandbox country. Men have their place, and so do women. There is nothing degrading about a women that knows her place. Quite the contrary, a good woman is to be prised above gold, and treated as a queen. But these modern feminist independent women are as worthless to me as dirt.

scot623

There is nothing degrading about a women that knows her place. Quite the contrary, a good woman is to be prised above gold, and treated as a queen. But these modern feminist independent women are as worthless to me as dirt.

Honestly??? You can't see how degrading this statement is? Saying a modern women who is independent is as worthless as dirt? You are a caveman. I pray you don't do permanent damage to your daughter although it would't surprise me if she grows up hating you once she understands your demeaning view of women.

Status
Not open for further replies.