• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vcdl - fl-cdl

j4l

Ok THE issue. What's the title of this entire message board,again?

OPEN CARRY.

end of discussion.

Not "Ooops I might have a wardrobe malfunction and you might see my gun "

Not "Shucks I cant go to Georgia to buy a rifle I can get at Gander Mountain"

Or am I completely off-base here?

And stog-the issue isnt with u guys- apart from a concern that the effort is being watered-down in the face of bullies. Why cave? Why simply accept being swatted down like uppity puppies? And yes, bending your original principles and deviating from your original path in the face of resistence,instead of confronting it, and working to remove that resistance, is disturbing.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
And stog-the issue isnt with u guys- apart from a concern that the effort is being watered-down in the face of bullies. Why cave? Why simply accept being swatted down like uppity puppies? And yes, bending your original principles and deviating from your original path in the face of resistence,instead of confronting it, and working to remove that resistance, is disturbing.

I'm sorry you think that of Florida Carry and me. You are 100% wrong about how things transpired on this, our first real attempt, and I take exception to the accusation that I or FL Carry caved, but I'm sorry you see it that way.

j4l

Not that you caved-yet. But, it's troubling-and Im far from the only one here feeling it-even though only one or two of us are actually speaking out and saying it- that immediately following a massive betrayal and defeat, we're being told "take it easy" etc, and then being told let's no focus on Open carry, etc.

If Im off the mark here, by all means show me. Look back over all these threads for the past several months about OPEN carry. Nothing in there about "lets get protected CC" or lets raise hell about getting rifles in other states. OPEN carry was THE primary focus, as I understood it, and most others did as well.
All we're saying is, if the past approaches didnt work out, and if our so-called "friends" in office are going to betray us at worst, or simply sit on the sidelines and watch others do so,at best, let's look to some alternative methods.
Preferrably methods that include the eventual replacement of those who've betrayed us.
And for that we're called "radical" and "abusive" and "rude" and "threatening" .

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Not that you caved-yet. But, it's troubling-and Im far from the only one here feeling it-even though only one or two of us are actually speaking out and saying it- that immediately following a massive betrayal and defeat, we're being told "take it easy" etc, and then being told let's no focus on Open carry, etc.

If Im off the mark here, by all means show me. Look back over all these threads for the past several months about OPEN carry. Nothing in there about "lets get protected CC" or lets raise hell about getting rifles in other states. OPEN carry was THE primary focus, as I understood it, and most others did as well.
All we're saying is, if the past approaches didnt work out, and if our so-called "friends" in office are going to betray us at worst, or simply sit on the sidelines and watch others do so,at best, let's look to some alternative methods.
Preferrably methods that include the eventual replacement of those who've betrayed us.
And for that we're called "radical" and "abusive" and "rude" and "threatening" .

Nobody From Florida Carry has EVER said that we were supporting this bill after the Bogdanoff amendment was added. We fought that amendment in committee and on the floor up until literally the last seconds.

This is the FIRST time open carry has been to the legislature since 1987. We got all the way to the floor with it on the first try.
You don't just burn the bridge because you missed on the first attempt.

Now you blame the only people who have moved the open carry issue forward in Florida in 24 years?

Whatever makes you happy...

Last edited:

77zach

Ok THE issue. What's the title of this entire message board,again?

OPEN CARRY.

end of discussion.

Not "Ooops I might have a wardrobe malfunction and you might see my gun "

Not "Shucks I cant go to Georgia to buy a rifle I can get at Gander Mountain"

Or am I completely off-base here?

There is this dog I know who, when he can't get to you through the fence, he starts biting his tail. This is what I think you're doing. I understand this tendency because I was born with an extreme distaste of tyranny. But I think your needlessly poking at people who are serious about getting OC in Florida as quickly as possible.

brboyer

Do you honestly believe that 5-6 highly aggressive, uninformed folks from OCDO represent the feelings of the majority of Florida's population or even the tiniest fraction of a percent of the ~8 Million gun owners in Florida?

j4l

Nobody From Florida Carry has EVER said that we were supporting this bill after the Bogdanoff amendment was added. We fought that amendment in committee and on the floor up until literally the last seconds.

This is the FIRST time open carry has been to the legislature since 1987. We got all the way to the floor with it on the first try.
You don't just burn the bridge because you missed on the first attempt.

Now you blame the only people who have moved the open carry issue forward in Florida in 24 years?

Whatever makes you happy...

Not saying I blame YOU either- try not to read into things. I place the blame for this entirely and squarely where it belongs- the Senate and the House.
End of Story.

My issue-going forward- is to seek different methods, and utlimately to seek different personnel on whom to work the methods. My disagreement is with the approach. Why flog your efforts on folks who are not only not truly supportive or behind your efforts,using much the same methods as did not work before? THATs what I have an issue with.
You have my many thanks and blessings for the effort thus far.Never have criticized that a bit. Just saying- next time around-let's maybe change up the playbook- and eventually, the players.(theirs, not ours).

j4l

Do you honestly believe that 5-6 highly aggressive, uninformed folks from OCDO represent the feelings of the majority of Florida's population or even the tiniest fraction of a percent of the ~8 Million gun owners in Florida?

Genius, you have still yet to identify what/where/how any of us are "misinformed". I asked you days ago, since you are indeed the self-appointed gatekeeper of wisdom, here, to please enlighten us as to this lack of information we seem to have.
Until you can follow-through-crawl back under the bridge.
Further- take a peek at how many folks are viewing these threads vs. how many are particpating. Just because 5 or 6 people have the nads to speak up,hardly makes them the only ones thinking/feeling the same way.
Someone want to create and take a poll on the issue? Be my guest.

Last edited:

brboyer

Genius, you have still yet to identify what/where/how any of us are "misinformed". I asked you days ago, since you are indeed the self-appointed gatekeeper of wisdom, here, to please enlighten us as to this lack of information we seem to have.

You don't know what happend, period. You and others make assumptions on nothing more than what was available to the public.

The NRA/Evers have made it perfectly clear from the start the intent of the bill. The facts are simply that the method of acheiving the intent has been changed.....the exact how/why have not been publically released. If they ever are, I may have a different opinion on the matter.

j4l

Good attempt. But utter failure.
Here's why:
All we need to know and appreciate is this:
1) We were presented a bill-one in name and in character who's goal it was to achieve Open Carry (+ a few,far less significant bits) in the State of Florida.
2) Said bill was promoted with this very item in mind.
3) Many people-including you and me, jumped into the fray in support of said bill.
4)Bill went where it was supposed to,despite some zig-zags along it's way,where it was ultimately bent over the podium and violated into something we were never told it was supposed to be. (until afterwards).
5) The voting public of the State (aka the employers of our Senate and House) were betrayed by this action-regardless of the how or why that said betrayal took place.

I dont give a rat's ass if it's because she was somewhere pressured to oppose it, or if she simply woke up with an extra stick wedged into her backside. The end result is the same.

brboyer

Further- take a peek at how many folks are viewing these threads vs. how many are particpating. Just because 5 or 6 people have the nads to speak up,hardly makes them the only ones thinking/feeling the same way.
Someone want to create and take a poll on the issue? Be my guest.

So 293 in this thread....You are making an uninformed assumption that all 293 support your position. Wow, what an ego you must have...... so some percentage of 293 speak for the other 18 million residents of Florida?

"5 or 6 people have the nads"....one could also speculate that 5 or 6 people have little self-control and are prone to fits of rage.

brboyer

Good attempt. But utter failure.
Here's why:
All we need to know and appreciate is this:
1) We were presented a bill-one in name and in character who's goal it was to achieve Open Carry (+ a few,far less significant bits) in the State of Florida.
2) Said bill was promoted with this very item in mind.
3) Many people-including you and me, jumped into the fray in support of said bill.
4)Bill went where it was supposed to,despite some zig-zags along it's way,where it was ultimately bent over the podium and violated into something we were never told it was supposed to be. (until afterwards).
5) The voting public of the State (aka the employers of our Senate and House) were betrayed by this action-regardless of the how or why that said betrayal took place.

I dont give a rat's ass if it's because she was somewhere pressured to oppose it, or if she simply woke up with an extra stick wedged into her backside. The end result is the same.

Again, all you have to do is go back to the Hammer/Evers videos from Jan/Feb and actually listen to what they are saying, it's clear...intent of the bill vs manner in which that intent is realized.

j4l

Considered a run for office? The attempted word-play, and hair-splitting could land u a seat right next to the enemy. (not that some dont already consider u a likely plant/troll from their side,anyway) :banghead: :banghead:

At what point did I mention which side of the issue any of the viewers come down on?
I suggested take a poll, find out.
Ego that, troll.

firedog

Ya'll keep going. I like the fact that this thread keeps getting bumped to the top. (Sarcasm here)
This thread was a test and I got my answer. If there is a mod on here feel free to lock this one down. Don't delete it but lock it. I'm still Investigating the feasibilities.

We can carry on the fight we seem to be having with those that extremely dislike or hate us but I think this thread needs to move off the index.

Last edited:

brboyer

Considered a run for office? The attempted word-play, and hair-splitting could land u a seat right next to the enemy. (not that some dont already consider u a likely plant/troll from their side,anyway) :banghead: :banghead:

At what point did I mention which side of the issue any of the viewers come down on?
I suggested take a poll, find out.
Ego that, troll.

A reasonable inference based on context.

What you all seem to forget is that right now the NRA does not list open carry as a priority issue in Florida, therefore neither does USF.

The stated public intent of this bill was always to prevent CWFL holders from getting arrested for temporary open display of a firearm.

The easiest way, statutorily, to accomplished that intent would be a direct repeal of 790.053 - it was clear from the beginning that was never going to happen..So they had to negotiate...and that continued to happen up to the point we find ourselves now - with a bill that could pass both houses and get signed by the Governor.

NRA had a stated intent, they got it.

Those of us that wanted full open carry got screwed, simple as that. Who is to blame? No one really, it's just politics.