• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The sausage making has begun.........

paul@paul-fisher.com

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Actually, my reading of this story makes it better than 'shall issue'. No permit, no fees, just proof of training.

Please note, I still don't like it, it's just better than getting a permit.

This would still be an infringement unless training was offered as a public service with no fees and no penalty for not having training certificate.

nevinsb

I have to be honest, I'm happy with this bill. The cost of training is pretty minimal, and it doesn't infringe on your rights because you are still allowed to open carry.

HandyHamlet

Well sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -
it.

I have like forty billion hours on Xbox and Sony. So I figure I got yer trainin' right here.

(yes I am grabbing a handful)

wait, what are we talking about again?

Last edited:

protias

If this gets us concealed carry in Wisconsin, let's do it.
By that logic, then let's have 1,000 hours of training, as long as it gets us our right to carry...

eff that! I'll go get my own training. Speaking of which, I need to get a hold of Calico Jack.

professor gun

Legally I can open carry no restrictions or training required. Constitution Carry all the way.

Well, there is that small issue of carrying in a vehicle........and, oh, yeah, there is that other issue of being within 1000 feet of a school. You said no restrictions, right?

A man decides to bake a large cake and he needs a dozen eggs for the recipe. He goes to the store, discovers there is only one container of eggs remaining that holds 10 eggs. The store owner offers to sell him the container with 10 eggs at a substantial discount. The man could slightly reduce his planned recipe and still bake a cake using 10 eggs. Instead, the man gets angry, yells at the store owner for not having 12 eggs, leaves without any eggs. The cake is not even started.

technician

Well, there is that small issue of carrying in a vehicle........and, oh, yeah, there is that other issue of being within 1000 feet of a school. You said no restrictions, right?

Yes, that is a technicality I overlooked, you are right. There are some restrictions, but I still don't require any training.

As for the allegory, I am of the Constitution & Liberty camp and refuse to compromise on my right to property and the defense thereof. Not a popular stance these days, but then again look at these days.