• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Norwalk Incident being handled by Attorney Baird

Edward Peruta

Part 3 OCR copy of court transcript

PAGE 9
have a full hearing. I have indicated to you this is a temporary condition.
ATTY. BAIRD: This is a fundamental constitutional right, Your Honor.
THE COURT: It is not an unfettered right and you know that.
ATTY. BAIRD: Being charged with 53-62 i s not a disqualifier.
THE COURT: Madame, I 'm not going to engage in further discussion. I've indicated to you that I will entertain a motion to revise the condition. It is a temporary order.
ATTY. BAIRD: If we were to f i le a motion today, Your Honor, how soon would it be heard? Could we get a date for that today?
THE COURT: File your motion. I'm not going to give it a date today. File your motion. All right. Conditions need to be -- Mr. Kim?
CLERK KIM: Yes.
ATTY . LOCKSHIER: So we just need another date, Your Honor. This should either go to the supervised pre-trial docket, or straight to the firm jury docket if that's -- counsel has requested --
THE COURT: All right. We can put this on the firm jury list. Status date will be a month from now. That will be a date at your convenience counsel for that. And I'll indicate to the Clerk's office
PAGE 10
about the scheduling of the motions. But in terms of a status date, counsel, a date at your convenience?
ATTY. BAIRD: June 24th.
THE COURT: June 24 it is.
ATTY. BAIRD: And my understanding that the reason for the additional condition is that Mr. Doutel is charged with Threatening in the Second Degree?
THE COURT: That is correct.
ATTY. BAIRD: Transcript.
CLERK KIM: Sign there.
ATTY. LOCKSHIER: So the case is on the jury docket. Your Honor, for the record, the State will be objecting to any pre-trial diversionary programs at this time.
THE COURT: All right.
ATTY. BAIRD: I'm trying to read this. Could you help me read this?
CLERK KIM: Temporary order that defendant not possess any weapons or apply for a pistol --
ATTY. BAIRD: Temporary order that defendant not possess any weapons or apply for pistol permit. Okay.
CLERK KIM: I just need you to sign it.
ATTY. BAIRD: Do you have a pen? Thanks. Do we get a copy of this?
PAGE 11
CLERK KIM: Yes. You can go to the Clerk's office and they can make a copy.
ATTY. BAIRD: Okay. Thank you.
THE COURT: All right. Thank you, counsel. What I will do ~~
ATTY. LOCKSHIER: Have a great weekend.
THE COURT: is I will encourage the Clerk's office to place this on a -- of course, and you need to file additional motions I presume as soon as possible. All right?
ATTY. BAIRD: Thank you .
THE COURT : Thank you, counsel .

Edward Peruta

Board limits on size of posts

I'm sorry to make the posting of the transcript so difficult, and suggest that everyone copy and paste the three sections into a word document for easy reading.

The transcript tells a very interesting story of what happens in the courts.

MKEgal

Ed said:
ATTY. LOCKSHIER: -- the motions , Your Honor, for some reason, the police report as well as the complainant's statements are attached to these motions. There's no reason for that. It’s inappropriate for that to be attached. That will become part of the clerk's file and part of public record, so I'd ask that they be detached from the motions.
Why on earth would he object to police reports (which are already public record) and the statements of the accused citizen being part of a public record?
(On another note, Ed, I don't know what you did to post those transcripts, but trying to reply to them was a mess of formatting. I ended up highlighting & copying from a post.)

Ed said:
MKEgal,
It would be very beneficial to know exactly what is happening around the state.
Please PM me with the details of your law suit so that I may follow and support it with any facts.
Well, my 2 cases happened in WI, so may not be of use or interest anywhere else, other than the 4A issues.
I've already given the basics of what happened; my lawyer just put it into more formal language & pointed out action by action exactly what the police did wrong.
The court # for the current case is 2:11-cv-00486-NJ and it was filed in the US district court for the eastern district of WI, Milwaukee division. I see no provision on their webpage for tracking a case online.

KIX

Rachel should also have a copy of their permit application paperwork. I gave a copy to Peter for his work with her and I think he forwarded it to her (I think she told me she has it).

Their whole ideology can be seen in their application as well.

Racial, handicap, dental, amputations, demeanor (they actually want to document if your hair is neat or not), etc.

I asked their officer in charge of permits if the paperwork submitted to me was their actual application and he said yes, and why do I have it! I was like "don't worry, you'll find out as so much of it is clearly not legal". He just huffed and walked away.

Norwalk PD is INSANE!

Jonathan

DDoutel

The only things I'd suggest doing differently are:
1) call your lawyer while you're waiting for them to arrive.
2) when you go outside, LOCK THE DOOR behind you. (Works w/ a car, too.)
If all they have is an arrest warrant, they wouldnt be able (legally, that is) to break in, search, & steal things.

I've taken your advice, MKEGal; I don't set foot outside the house without a digital recorder in my pocket, running, and I lock the door behind me. I haven't felt secure in my home since the cops saw fit to abuse their authority, and feel far less threatened by thieves and home invaders than by the cops themselves. Thankfully, I now HAVE a lawyer, which I didn't when the incident took place.

Carpavel

Hey sorry to hear about this

I am The Handcuffed Pastor. Check out suebadcops.com Put it this way the Norwalk PD does not like me. I beat the DA 2x without an attorney. And I just got put back in the clown show I will be there june 6th

MKEgal

DDoutel said:
I haven't felt secure in my home since the cops saw fit to abuse their authority
I understand completely.
Took me several weeks to stop being nervous at the same time of night they broke into my home, plus having trouble sleeping.
And let's not even start on how I felt when I saw a cruiser or uniform! :shocker:

It does eventually go away, or at least reduce to a managable level.

Last edited:

CaseyD

Video Taping

Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:08 PM
To: 'Rhonda.Hebert@jud.ct.gov'
Cc: 'Rachel M. Baird'; (REDACTED)
Subject: Request to video Tape proceedings in Norwalk

Rhonda,

This is a formal request to cover and video tape ALL court hearings in the following case in Norwalk.

DOCKET NO: (REDACTED) : SUPERIOR COURT
:
STATE OF CONNECTICUT : JUDICIAL DISTRICT OF STAMFORD
:
VS. : AT NORWALK
:
(REDACTED) :

This case has significant issues regarding Federal and State constitutional rights, particularly the Second and Fourth Amendment to same.

I am familiar with the rules on cameras in the Court Room and will be happy to abide by same.

I see no disruption to the court if I am allowed to video tape future proceedings in the above referenced case.

It is my understanding that you will forward this request to the Judge and I am copying this email to the accused and attorney in the case.

Thank you in advance,

Ed Peruta
American News and Information Services Inc.
Rocky Hill, CT.

Ed, Did anyone ever reply to you about this request? I'd like to see a video of the judge and prosecutor rolling their eyes...
Casey

Edward Peruta

Court rules on Videotaping

CaseyD,

After my request, I received a response that current court rules do not allow videotaping of hearings at this time.

Rest assured the truth of this incident will be revealed.

I'm about to post the text of EXACTLY what Duane said.

PAY PARTICULAR TO THE LAST TWO WORDS OF THE MESSAGE.

Edward Peruta

Videotaping Court Hearings and link to initial audio clip

CaseyD,

The current court rules do not allow for taping hearings.
I will post whatever I can to keep everyone informed.

You might want to visit this link to hear the actual audio of what started this incident.

http://www.ctgunrights.com/07.Video/Complete Doutel Audio from Answering Machine HQ.wmv

I can assure you that when your federal case is filed and served next week there will be many quesitons about EXACTLY what happened.

Rest assured you will get the justice you deserve.

Attorney Rachel M. Baird and Attorney Douglas Hall are hard at work this weekend getting everything ready.

Stay safe,

Ed Peruta

DDoutel

Just Plain Excited...

Ed, you have no idea how excited I am about the events on tap for this coming week. Casey's case in Federal court will ensure heightened scrutiny of the Superior court's actions, such that they'll be a lot less willing to play the procedural games they've been playing with my case. This is where we go on the offensive, and stop reacting to them.

Rachel and Doug have my highest admiration and respect. You too, ya big Marine, you! :D

DDoutel

Last edited:

CaseyD

Truely grateful we are

CaseyD,

The current court rules do not allow for taping hearings.
I will post whatever I can to keep everyone informed.

You might want to visit this link to hear the actual audio of what started this incident.

http://www.ctgunrights.com/07.Video/Complete Doutel Audio from Answering Machine HQ.wmv

I can assure you that when your federal case is filed and served next week there will be many quesitons about EXACTLY what happened.

Rest assured you will get the justice you deserve.

Attorney Rachel M. Baird and Attorney Douglas Hall are hard at work this weekend getting everything ready.

Stay safe,

Ed Peruta

Ed, The non-stop efforts are amazing, and we are truely grateful for all the work being done by you and Attorneys Baird and Hall.

Whenever I start feeling... well, whenever I start thinking too much and getting that knot in my gut, your words are always reassuring.

As Duane has said so often, we're glad you're all on our side!!

Thank you,
Casey

Rich B

This is where we go on the offensive, and stop reacting to them.

Feels great to actually have a voice and a recourse, doesn't it?

Rachel and Doug have my highest admiration and respect.

Same here. Without Rachel, Doug and Ed, this would be a very difficult process to fight against for both of our cases. Plus, it seems we are gaining some unity. Instead of having multiple attorneys working on multiple cases with multiple plaintiffs with all of them not talking (and therefore not learning) to one another, we have a 'dream team' with the right knowledge, skills and the right attitude to make some serious changes and help us catch up with the civil rights push across the rest of the country.

I wish you and your wife the best of luck in your case. Look me and mine up if you guys are ever in the area. Seems we have a lot in common.

Rich B

Ed, The non-stop efforts are amazing, and we are truely grateful for all the work being done by you and Attorneys Baird and Hall.

Whenever I start feeling... well, whenever I start thinking too much and getting that knot in my gut, your words are always reassuring.

As Duane has said so often, we're glad you're all on our side!!

Thank you,
Casey

Glad to see another 'significant other' who is supportive. I have an amazing woman by my side who is ready to fight along side me as well, and it means everything.

Sometimes it is too easy for people to just let their get rights trampled on and it is good to see people like you and Duane who are ready and willing to put up a fight when bad people do wrong things to you.

Best of luck to you both, this is going to be an interesting couple of years I think.

DDoutel

Feels great to actually have a voice and a recourse, doesn't it?

Same here. Without Rachel, Doug and Ed, this would be a very difficult process to fight against for both of our cases. Plus, it seems we are gaining some unity. Instead of having multiple attorneys working on multiple cases with multiple plaintiffs with all of them not talking (and therefore not learning) to one another, we have a 'dream team' with the right knowledge, skills and the right attitude to make some serious changes and help us catch up with the civil rights push across the rest of the country.

I wish you and your wife the best of luck in your case. Look me and mine up if you guys are ever in the area. Seems we have a lot in common.

Yeah, Rich; it does feel good! You make an excellent point about unity of purpose; it's a well-known fact that not all attorneys are equal, either in skillset or areas of expertise. A team such as we share is a Dream Team whose skills are well-suited to the task at hand. I will also state for the record that the character of each and every person on this team is of the highest caliber; no ambulance-chasers here. I am proud to be associated with them. If justice is to be had for us, Rich, it lies with Rachel, Doug and Ed.

We'd very much enjoy getting together, Rich! We should make a point of it. I assume that Ed has your email address; I know he has mine. I'll contact him for yours and let him know it's ok to give you mine. Can you say "Grilled Ribeyes"? :D

Best to you, sir!
Duane

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
First you have to apply locally, with some police chief somewhere, or maybe you can apply with the state police - all this for a temporary firearms license.

Once that's done, then the state sends you a non-temporary license (good for five years or some such thing).

If anything bad happens, your fault or not, the state immediately revokes your firearms license - no due process, no hearing, nothing. Oh, you can have a hearing, but that'll take a year, or two, or three.

But, while your license is revoked by the state without any due process, you can apply for another license.

Who in their right mind came up with this convoluted logic?

JoeSparky

Centurion
First you have to apply locally, with some police chief somewhere, or maybe you can apply with the state police - all this for a temporary firearms license.

Once that's done, then the state sends you a non-temporary license (good for five years or some such thing).

If anything bad happens, your fault or not, the state immediately revokes your firearms license - no due process, no hearing, nothing. Oh, you can have a hearing, but that'll take a year, or two, or three.

But, while your license is revoked by the state without any due process, you can apply for another license.

Who in their right mind came up with this convoluted logic?

Several people, I suspect, came up with this system to INFRINGE on the RIGHT of the People to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS!