• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Castle Doctrine in Georgetown

KYGlockster

Activist Member
The man lived at the flea market. This case is justified under KRS ch. 503. There will be no criminal charges filed.

self preservation

The man lived at the flea market. This case is justified under KRS ch. 503. There will be no criminal charges filed.

I say you are right. It does seem pretty cut and dry..I just always have the fear of an over zealous prosecutor will try to run with it..or a civil suit from the dirt bag woman who got some free body piercing. I just dont want this guy to be out any money other than the 5 cents it cost him to shoot her.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I say you are right. It does seem pretty cut and dry..I just always have the fear of an over zealous prosecutor will try to run with it..or a civil suit from the dirt bag woman who got some free body piercing. I just dont want this guy to be out any money other than the 5 cents it cost him to shoot her.

I hear ya'. Thank the good Lord we live in Ky and state law protects anyone justified in using deadly force. This shooting will qualify under our lethal force statutes and will blanket the shooter with immunity from any civil or criminal suit.

self preservation

I hear ya'. Thank the good Lord we live in Ky and state law protects anyone justified in using deadly force. This shooting will qualify under our lethal force statutes and will blanket the shooter with immunity from any civil or criminal suit.

I'm about willing to bet my next paycheck that you're right. Just after the Mitchell vs UK case (Fayette co, not the SC ruling), the problems out of Bardstown and Lawrence county, the illegal seizure of a Ky OCDO members gun at a mall, I have just lost some faith in the "system" and will feel much better for the justified shooter once I hear that all will be well with him.

Saint Expeditus

This is what I was waiting on and was wanting to hear...No charges will be filed. http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Business_owner_shoots_would-be_burglar_161016655.html

I have been following this story with some interest. Some of the shooters statements really gave me pause and I am glad no charges were filed. The shooter's statement makes it seem as though there was some premeditation to the shooting and that recurring burglaries are in some way a justification for the shooting.

I don't think the guy was in the wrong, per se, it seems that the appropriate party got shot; but were I in his shoes, I would not want those comments in a News Report. :confused:

self preservation

I have been following this story with some interest. Some of the shooters statements really gave me pause and I am glad no charges were filed. The shooter's statement makes it seem as though there was some premeditation to the shooting and that recurring burglaries are in some way a justification for the shooting.

I don't think the guy was in the wrong, per se, it seems that the appropriate party got shot; but were I in his shoes, I would not want those comments in a News Report. :confused:

They say the worse thing to do after a shooting is to say to much. I dont think he said anything out of the way. He didnt quote dirty Harry so I think his statements are ok.