• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today's laughable moment at Greentop

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Had a rare Sunday off, and the house to myself....so where else would I go on my day off? To a few gun stores.

I had wanted to pick up another Glock and wasn't having much luck online locally. Went to GT and saw a few things and then the counter guy tells me about a used G32 Gen. 4 in .357 Sig that just came in. Hasn't even been test fired and cleaned yet. He goes back and gets it and says the price is $525. The gun looked really nice. I took a cursory look and mildly tried to gauge his price flexibility.....$525 firm.....so I said "I'll think about it".

Went to a few other places and then back to GT. I now asked a different sales guy about the Glock 32 and he went and got it. The slide looked immaculate, the white rings on the night sights were sharp. I took it apart, and checked the night sights....not very bright. I asked about it and the guy said "oh they're fine".....yet somehow dimmer than my 6 year old sights (same brand). The gun was also filled with some white goop.

The slide lock lever is worn, with the black paint missing on it. Then, I looked at the ejector - twisted! Not only twisted, but there were wear marks on the high side. I point it out to the counter guy and he says, "maybe its bent because its a .357 Sig.". I said, "Well, .357 Sig uses the same casing as a .40, and I have the .40 cal. version and the ejector is straight and flat.....I'm a Glock armorer", to which he replies that he is as well...hhmm....so he goes and gets a .40 caliber model 23, and the ejector is straight as an arrow. So I explain to him that someone was monkeying around with the ejector.

All of a sudden, some lanky young guy walks up and says, 'Oh, you are looking at my gun". Apparently, he sold this gun to GT. So I asked if he did anything to the ejector and he says, "Oh yeah, Glock factory modification....I heated it up and twisted it so that it would eject the casings farther".

Now, maybe I was napping during that part of my armorer's class, but I've never heard of a "Glock factory mod" of heating the ejector and twisting it. There was also what appeared to be some rust under the rear sight. The previous owner then admits that he put these sights on.

I wanted to ask the counter guy if the price was still $525, but I couldn't do it with a straight face.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm guessing you walked out of GT Glockless.

I admit to striking an interest over the last few weeks in a Glock 21SF. Do you have any experience with them? Any opinions or thoughts?

As much as it pains me to say this SB....I have a 21 and really like it:(

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Now, maybe I was napping during that part of my armorer's class, but I've never heard of a "Glock factory mod" of heating the ejector and twisting it.

Oh, yeah. Standard stuff. The heating anneals the temper right out of the extractor so it will twist without snapping, don't you know. I'm sure the factory modification training you missed included the exact temperature to reheat so it could be re-tempered after being twisted. You did ask him about that factory-recommended temperature for tempering, right?

/sarcasm

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaaa!! Some people will say anything to cover up their jack-leg gunsmithing.

HearseGuy

That's crazy

FWIW tho the gen 4's do have a twisted ejector. At least on the 17's and 22's (those are the only gen 4's I have looked at personally)

My buddy has a gen 3 17 and his ejector is straight and my Gen 4 17 has a twist to it. And the gen 3 vs gen 4 22 is the same. Twisted on the 4 and straight on the 3...

Edit: pic of my Gen 4 G17 ejector

IMG_20130414_201307_110.jpg

Gen 4 vs gen 3

30274_ejector.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm guessing you walked out of GT Glockless.

I admit to striking an interest over the last few weeks in a Glock 21SF. Do you have any experience with them? Any opinions or thoughts?

Just a thought since you'e a thinking person from the great Northern wasteland SB:p

Why don't you get a 20. I've started carrying it more than anything else for a burb gun.

You can shoot 10mm or 40's with no changes.

Spend a hundred bucks and get a barrel and mainspring and you have a 357 Sig.

Spend another hundred and you have a 9x25 Dillon which is the little brother to the 460 Rowland.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Just a thought since you'e a thinking person from the great Northern wasteland SB:p

Why don't you get a 20. I've started carrying it more than anything else for a burb gun.

Spend another hundred and you have a 9x25 Dillon which is the little brother to the 460 Rowland.

(chuckle) You remind me of some hunters I've met.

"Well, I've got a .30-30 for deer. I've got a .45-70 for elk and bison. I've got a .475 Holland and Holland for big game when I go to Africa."

You sound like you got a different caliber for each kind of criminal you might meet.

:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Good golly Miz Molle, ve haf custom-mer-guns :)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I had wanted to pick up another Glock and wasn't having much luck online locally. Went to GT and saw a few things and then the counter guy tells me about a used G32 Gen. 4 in .357 Sig that just came in. Hasn't even been test fired and cleaned yet. He goes back and gets it and says the price is $525. The gun looked really nice. I took a cursory look and mildly tried to gauge his price flexibility.....$525 firm.....so I said "I'll think about it".

Just answering this part - did you try Gadsden Guns in Beaverdam? I sent a friend there for a Glock last week, but I don't know what they have in stock. (Owned by a VCDL EM.)

HearseGuy

Its hard to explain what it looked like without a photo, but the side that was twisted up had pieces of metal shaved off of it where it must be contacting the underside of the slide. It was definitely fubar'ed.

Yea that def sounds jacked up. Good on you for staying far away from that one. Sucks that some unsuspecting newb that wants his first hand gun will end up buying it with out really knowing what to look for. Might discourage him/her completely from firearm ownership.

If you buy from someone privately that's one thing. But from a reputable dealer you expect a quality properly functioning firearm.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

How's this possible? The case lengths are not the same and the rounds index on the case mouth? Anyway, I was kinda liking the idea to add one to my other two .45ACP's. Just not yet pushed over the edge.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Yep

I've never shot one, but its a Glock...what else do you really need to know? :)

Just opinions and reviews. I have an M&P 45 standard frame with the 4" barrel and it is really nice... especially with the Apex Tactical DCAEK and the stock OEM trigger spring instead of the Apex stronger trigger spring. Only down side is it is a 10-round magazine. But the balance and shootability is great.

speed41ae

I have a Gen 3 21SF and love it. It is a tack driver for me and that is saying a lot with my mediocre shooting skills. I did add the Zev Tech V4 Race Connector and the ZEV Tech Competition Spring Kit to it from Glockworx.com for a total of $25 shipped. I also added the Trijicon 3 Dot High Night Sight Set (TJ-AP-GLOCK04-GL04) and the LaserMax guide rod laser.